Gill’s legacy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gill’s legacy

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Sports betting
and crypto. Take a big sponsership deal promoting it and it collapses. Thanks for that AFL, old mate wayne from Footscray had a go at it after he saw the ads on the footy broadcast.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Continued erosion of integrity in nearly all aspects of the game. It really started under his predecessor but Gill has happily carried that torch onward and downward to new depths and all in the name of manufacturing the “right” outcome from any situation.

Reactions: 7 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Disgraceful administrator
He should face charges for bringing the game into disrepute

The game is on its knees.
He can *smile* off now and take that fkstick Goouta with him.

Reactions: 1 user

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
3C’s

Cover-ups, corruption, cronyism.

Soylent Green is what football has become. There are some that will happily munch on what is being fed to them for that is all there is left. But most know what is being offered is the manufactured recycled corpse of the game.

Put a fork in it Gill. It’s dead.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Gamble responsibly or not at all - but we'll advertise it everywhere at every goal, quarter time, break in play, lead up to game time and pre-game post-game commentary till you *smile* TAB tickets out with last night's (Sportsbet endorsed) chicken curry, and your kids will start holding illegal books in the playground at primary school on how many bounces a certain ruckman will make in next week's game.

Jobs for the boys. And we'll cover up your AFL HQ misogyny. Unless you are a French au pair, then you get a job on my family's country estate, no questions asked and no need for Border Farce to get involved.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
His legacy is an absolute shitshow but he will never be challenged about it.

Reactions: 6 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Lots of mentions above of many failings. A fair number of these could be disputed, there must be one person out there who thinks the stand rule is ok, just one?

But, I have to go with Redmond on this one.

To me the biggest legacy of Gill and his biggest failing is that just about everyone who loves Australian Rules Football hates the AFL. The governing body of the game, the peak competition of our wonderful sport, the most popular sport in the country . . . has a governing body that everyone believes is corrupt and no-one has any respect for.

A truly terrible legacy.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
For mine it has to be the constant meddling with the rules...to the point where I don't really understand the game anymore and neither do the umpires

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The decision to stop disclosing his salary, what has he got to hide.

Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
The decision to stop disclosing his salary, what has he got to hide.
to be fair, RFC don't & wont divulge Benny's salary

I was at the 2015 or 2016 AGM & the question was asked form the attendees & Rob Dalton shut the question down.

Anyway, Gil is a *smile*

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Corruption
Cronyism
Zero Transparency
Bias
Bloated bureaucracy
Bloated Admin salaries
Cheating/changing rules
Gambling
Gambling ads
Broadcast $’s changing the game
Theft of the game from supporters
Lack of grassroots funding
Ticketing
Seating
Food prices

Probably more I’ve missed, but apart from the above what are the other positives Gil and his henchmen responsible for?

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A lasting legacy for Richmond fans will be Gill refusing to give funding for the Punt Road Oval Redevelopment.
It really sticks in my craw, because he was very happy to help fund Whitten Oval, Victoria Park and Princess Park to name a few.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I’d laugh if Benny Gale got the top job.
Then banned Gil from attending games
Then sacked pepper Scott and nutmeg Christian.
Then found evidence of Danks involvement in Geelong s premierships and takes them off them and issues draft penalties
Then rescinds afl funding for lgbtqia stadium
Then suspends sHocking‘s matchday accreditation
Sacks Parrot and the rescinds accreditation of other measly mouthed sycophants of the afl media.

Time to drain the swamp.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users