Gill’s legacy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gill’s legacy

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
King of the coverups
Seriously, how many scandals have been swept under the carpet during his reign? I reckon we could start not only a new thread on those but a whole website
He should seriously be investigated, along with the commission, by the authorities for his and their conduct

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Lots of mentions above of many failings. A fair number of these could be disputed, there must be one person out there who thinks the stand rule is ok, just one?

But, I have to go with Redmond on this one.

To me the biggest legacy of Gill and his biggest failing is that just about everyone who loves Australian Rules Football hates the AFL. The governing body of the game, the peak competition of our wonderful sport, the most popular sport in the country . . . has a governing body that everyone believes is corrupt and no-one has any respect for.

A truly terrible legacy.

DS
Sounds like American politics!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Jerry Gee has turned the fans against the game. That’s his legacy.

The fans still love their clubs, but they don’t love the game that this dishonest corporate sap has left us with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dunno about Gilligan's legacy, he's certainly leaving a dirty great skid mark on our game though.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
That's the CEO, what about the chairman? What does he do?

Goyder is currently the chairman of the Australian Football League, Woodside Petroleum and Qantas.

Ah. He's a professional *smile*.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Gil’s Prahran house was advertised for sale in the paper on the weekend if anyones interested, $10-$11m should do it.

• Wow

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
@Gil.

The Tasmanian Jack Jumpers season memberships for the 2023 NBL season just sold out in 26 minutes.

Think about that for a minute (or 26).

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The media talk of a finals wildcard again from Jabba the Hutchy's minions over the past 24 hours gives the me absolute *smile*.
There would be few punters who want the ninth placed team to get a shot at the finals but it worries me that Gil is trying to shoehorn this into the media deal because why else would it be coming up? Damn I hate how these media puppets set the agenda as if it's something we need. Stop hijacking our game you pricks.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
every CEO just seems to get judged on their broadcast revenue. Nothing else matters.
I can look back at threads from years ago, highlighting areas of concern that have still not been addressed.
No real progress:
Umpiring standards and consistency.
Goal line review technology
The fixture
Teams not trying late in the season
I could go on but i'm still bitterly disappointed in that result tonight.

Reactions: 2 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
I'll forget this twit pretty quickly.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users