Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
No need to bring politics into this. I was focusing purely on people's beliefs. From where I sit, all three are as wacky as each other, regardless of who they vote for.

Lee has continually made decisions about a scientific concept, political.

Thinking that evolution, climate change and vaccines are myths isn't left or right.

It's stupid.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Lee has continually made decisions about a scientific concept, political.

Thinking that evolution, climate change and vaccines are myths isn't left or right.

It's stupid.

I would assert there are practically no climate change skeptics on the left.

Nobody wants to own the anti-vaxxers. Have read a few articles that shunt them to the right on a false premise. They are essentially anti-authoritarian/pro-"natural" living which puts them on the left.

Evolution skeptics? Can't say I know anyone personally who reckons it's bunkum. Happy for them to be put in the Bible crowd, which tends to be the right.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Anti-Vaxers & Anti-Climate change I put in the same category as 911 Deniers and flat earthers. People who prefer to believe in some grand conspiracy rather than the obvious.

Creationists are just plain nut jobs

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hmm, so that makes the right authoritarian and anti natural living. Well when a right winger tells me so I suppose I just have to believe them.

Climate change skeptics come in 2 main flavours: those protecting vested interests and those with an unwillingness to accept the evidence.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hmm, so that makes the right authoritarian and anti natural living. Well when a right winger tells me so I suppose I just have to believe them.

Climate change skeptics come in 2 main flavours: those protecting vested interests and those with an unwillingness to accept the evidence.

Jails are full of lefties, that's why the Andrews government refuses to build more and his courts keep putting criminals back on the streets.

I'd say conservatives are much less likely to be influenced by e.g. advertising proclaiming something as "environmentally friendly". Doesn't make them "anti-nature" as such. I avoid using medication wherever possible.

Prefer to leave this stuff until the off-season. We're going to get some rain on Friday followed by some wintry weather to start GF week. Bring it on.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Gaols are full of lefties? Hmm, sounds like more evidence of right wing authoritarianism, lock up your opponents it's the right wing way.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
My favorite stat* on religion and prisons:

97% of National Academy of science members - Athiest
97% of America's prison population - Religious

Says it all really.

* could be apocryphal

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Anti-vaxxers are anti-science ain't they?

anti vexers live in Mullumbimby.

As the official biggest little town in Australia, they have a broad spectrum identity issue.

I think the ChemTrail monument HQ may have a Mullum PO Box too.

amongst the worse drivers in the world as well,

But a joint in the left and a can of Gin in the right is a significant control issue if you were to seriously analyse that data.

This thread is heaps less worse than it was.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

I think the bait started with the assertion that climate models over-estimate the expected change.

This is the usual distraction from warmists and deniers as they want you to go down some rabbit hole to distract from the big picture.

The fact is that climate change is happening, we know that the Greenhouse Effect exists, we know that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and we know that the increase in the proportion of CO2 in the atmosphere is caused by human behaviour.

It is a fun distraction for a while but you always have to return to the fundamentals.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Interesting to see the numerous cases of sheer body neglect amongst the Extinction Rebelion protesters. It's a bit of an irony to be lectured to by people who are chomping their way through more than their fair share of God's creation.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
but it has hit a brick wall in its attempt to rid itself of the need for a creator and designer.
Oooooh! So it is Gods fault. Someone should grab him by the buccanear n tell him in no uncertain terms to fix his farkin mess.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
July confirmed as hottest month recorded

(CNN) July 2019 has replaced July 2016 as the hottest month on record, with meteorologists saying that global temperatures marginally exceeded the previous record.

And records date back maybe 150 / 200 years compared to a planet life of how many years??

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Forget it, the numpties who govern our country don't believe that climate change is happening.
Anyone with half a brain understands that climate change has been happening since the earth was initially formed. It can't be stopped, never could be. Learn to find a way to adapt to suit conditions.. Countries like China n India don't give a *smile* about our pretensions of saving the world, they've got 2.5 billion people to try n look after now.. They'll just continue to get on with doing everything they can to advance the living conditions of their populations using every bit of Coal , Uranium or anything else they can get from us or anyone else. If there happens to be a bit of smog or warm n toasty air that blows across our skies or anyone else's little corner of paradise, well *smile* it, *smile* happens take a number n try complaining at them.