Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I honestly wasn't fishing. Regardless of whether you're left or right, the evidence accepted by the world's climate scientists is that the earth is warming, and human activities are contributing to it.

That is an apolitical statement.

If you consider it to be a left wing statement, you're going to consider any media that reports it left wing.

I don't believe anyone here is disputing that statement. This is the very definition of a strawman argument.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
OMG questioning the thermometers now are we?

Here is the terrestrial temperature record that you kneel before and swear allegiance to, the almighty and much-tortured HadCRUT series. Note the 1998 peak and subsequent flatline.

1-s2-0-s0921818112001658-gr11.jpg

And here is Wikipedia's latest, updated two days ago and equivalent to your chart, showing a more or less linear increase in global temperatures, with no 1998 peak.

Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg

Now, here is the UAH satellite dataset by special request of DavidSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:

UAH_LT_1979_thru_December_2013_v5.6.png

And here is David's preferred non-Spencer RSS satellite dataset showing the same global warming pause:

image_thumb20.png

Now here once again is the doctored chart favoured by David:

compare_obs-1-600x392.png

I rest my case.
I don't know or care who Edenhofer is.

I'm entitled to label you ignorant, then.

You grind my gears like nobody else on this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
L2R2R, nice of you to post old graphs, note that even Spencer is now admitting 0.56C warming, I note your graph is 6 years out of date. Typical cherry picking.

While you're at it you post HadCrut 3 and HadSST2, also 6 years old and both superseded.

Your data is cherry picked as you can't face the reality that 1998 is no longer the hottest year, it's about 6th now looking at the graph up to the start of December 2019:

cru.jpg

The graph I sourced just puts all of the main temperature observations in one graph. I like to look at more than one set of observations, it was you who pointed to HadCrut supporting your favourite denier/warmist Roy Spencer, not me.

The reason I grind your gears is because I point out little things like the fact you post 6 year old data to make your point.

Why are you posting 6 year old data when up to date data is easily available?

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
L2R2R, nice of you to post old graphs, note that even Spencer is now admitting 0.56C warming, I note your graph is 6 years out of date. Typical cherry picking.

While you're at it you post HadCrut 3 and HadSST2, also 6 years old and both superseded.

Incredible that I need to spell this out.

I deliberately posted old charts to show what the data looked like at the time.

I also posted two versions of the "updated" chart showing the result of recent alterations to more than 4000 HadCRUT station readings. This is hardly the first or only example of alterations that without exception favour the warming narrative.

The temperature record is hopelessly compromised because those looking after it also control the narrative. It's one reason I favour the satellite datasets (the other being that terrestrial datasets are naturally biased toward population centres where heat island effect comes into play).

I hope the incumbents have at least had the decency not to destroy the original raw data.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
You post old charts because you are cherry picking, pure and simple.

But let's have a look at the UAH satellite data, they would never have to adjust that for issues would they? Or would they:

UAH versionMain adjustmentTrend correctionYear
ASimple bias correction1992
BLinear diurnal drift correction-0.031994
CRemoval of residual
annual cycle related to
hot target variation
DOrbital decay0.101998
DRemoval of dependence
of time variations of
hot target temperature
5.0Non-linear diurnal correction0.0082003
5.1Tightened criteria for data acceptance-0.0042004
5.2Correction of diurnal drift adjustment0.0352005
5.3Annual cycle correction02009
5.4New annual cycle02010
6.0 betaExtensive revision-0.026 [13]2015

Oh, looks like they have been adjusting data too, must be unreliable according to L2R2R.

DS

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I suppose it would be redundant now to point out that Spencer and Christy were claiming cooling of about 0.06C in 1995, cooling of 0.04C in 1998, warming of 0.06C in 2000, warming of 0.12C in 2007 and warming of 0.14C in 2009 - these are all per decade claims in various peer reviewed articles.

Seems they keep having to adjust their findings as reality overtakes their fossil fuel funded research.

DS

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Shhh it's the Knight's Templar, Judean peoples front and vegan whales conspiring to enslave us.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I suppose it would be redundant now to point out that Spencer and Christy were claiming cooling of about 0.06C in 1995, cooling of 0.04C in 1998, warming of 0.06C in 2000, warming of 0.12C in 2007 and warming of 0.14C in 2009 - these are all per decade claims in various peer reviewed articles.

Seems they keep having to adjust their findings as reality overtakes their fossil fuel funded research.

DS

Find me one chart where the UAH readings have been altered. There are hundreds online. Find me one that looks as different as your alarmist horseshit.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
In the 30 odd seconds it took me to write this post, the world population grew by about 100 people, how long until we run out of food?
How long until we run out of oil, or gas, or coal or iron ore?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
In the 30 odd seconds it took me to write this post, the world population grew by about 100 people, how long until we run out of food?
How long until we run out of oil, or gas, or coal or iron ore?

I've always thought with Climate change that the earth will go on regardless. Humans might not be part of it though.

Reactions: 1 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Seriously, **** you.

I've no idea why DSSS's posts get you so worked up L2, quite seriously, I don't. Your posting is no less infuriating to those of us who disagree with you. It has been pointed out ad nauseum that deliberately starting graphs at 1998 (a well established bit of bad science from deniers) skews your data because it was a stand out year within that very specific small window. That's cherry-picking my man pure and simple. (I've no idea why you would chose to die on that particular hill.) Viewed against a larger data set it becomes much less definitive, some say it disappears all together. So insisting on posting about it as though it is illustrative and robust seems disingenuous at best. Just bad faith at worst.

You dismiss Coburg's post about viewpoint bias, calling it a 'strawman' then immediately claim that data was adjusted specifically to fit a 'warmest' (leftist) narrative. That strawman seems to have more than a bit of flesh on him.