Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A Lockheed C-130 Hercules fighting a fire in NSW has crashed, fingers crossed for the crew.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Yes, a very broad portfolio, including British Petroleum and Royal Dutch Shell.

I heard recently that "British Petroleum" (BP) was originally Iranian, the Anglo-Persian Oil Company (APOC). And that one of the outcomes of the coup that most think of as an American adventure to oust the Shah, landed Britain a controlling interest of the company.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The embers coming across a minute or two before the full force of the fire comes through were scary too, they would have set the bush alight well on the other side of the road.

DS

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Good to know I no longer need to travel away for tropical holidays. Might make myself a coconut cocktail tonight.
"If you like pina colada's", pour some for the other sorry soles on PRE ToO. Its the least you could do in these dyre times ;) .

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
January was the wettest month Melbourne has had in nearly a quarter of a century (1996) With 115ml rainfall.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Yep. Nearly as windy as Bass Strait

Comrade Dan is in his sixth year in the chair. He got $10b for jam by leasing Melbourne's port and is broke already.

Apparently hundreds of turbines are planned for 600 square km of Bass Strait and might supply as much as as 18% of Victoria's power. But you can bet there'll be issues when it comes to who is expected to pay.
January was the wettest month Melbourne has had in nearly a quarter of a century (1996) With 115ml rainfall.

Yet in mid-December the Bureau claimed there would be no significant rain for Victoria, NSW or Queensland until May...

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Comrade Dan is in his sixth year in the chair. He got $10b for jam by leasing Melbourne's port and is broke already.

When your first retort is always to start playing the party line, left vs right, it really gets tiring. Do you think you can have a serious debate without needing to play the Sky After Dark card all the time?

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
When your first retort is always to start playing the party line, left vs right, it really gets tiring. Do you think you can have a serious debate without needing to play the Sky After Dark card all the time?

You could always look past it like I usually do. Yeah it's a cheap shot, but it doesn't detract from the point being made.

The projected cost is $3b (and who knows what that is in real terms). Who should pay?

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Just stops me looking for the point being made when it starts with a partisan shot. Tend to view them as when all else fails, play the partisan card.