Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Interesting that the discussion is all about forecasts now, I wonder why?

BTW farmers of delicate crops like grapes, coffee and so on need predictable weather - well guess what is happening with climate change? LESS PREDICTABLE WEATHER

Given that a lot of the Hunter and Adelaide Hills wineries have lost their grape crops through smoke taint, found this quote from a vinyardist (?) interesting....

“You need to pull the camera back further than the bushfires themselves and the way they are influenced by climate change to look at the broader picture of grape growing in general,” he says. “Grape growing has been showing the fingerprints of climate change since the 1980s when the harvesting dates began to move forward."

All the signs are there if you want to look for them.

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
FMD! Did some imbecile actually waste a bit of everyone's life by putting out a comment like that?

Yes, have you any idea what a probabalistic forcast is? Nah, probabaly not. You'd rather sneer and wallow in your pig ignorance. 10 seconds thinking would reveal to even the smallest of minds why a forecast of "we do not know" might be useful. Yes, the quote by itself is just a brief synopsis but there's also the spread and uncertainty of the forecast to be taken into account. The people who make these forecasts aren't idiots and fully understand the uncertainty. BOM has been rightly criticised for poor communication of its forecasts and what they mean but thats another issue.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Yes, have you any idea what a probabalistic forcast is? Nah, probabaly not. You'd rather sneer and wallow in your pig ignorance. 10 seconds thinking would reveal to even the smallest of minds why a forecast of "we do not know" might be useful. Yes, the quote by itself is just a brief synopsis but there's also the spread and uncertainty of the forecast to be taken into account. The people who make these forecasts aren't idiots and fully understand the uncertainty. BOM has been rightly criticised for poor communication of its forecasts and what they mean but thats another issue.

They could've presented the information in a way that was simpler to digest.

magic_hate_ball.jpg.f537328e3504e2c69877c387dfecccb2.jpg

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
You forgot the compulsory debate ending whammy ordained by A Bolt: "and organising their rallies by mobile phones which contain METALS !!!!!! "
Even the staunchest rallygoer would admit that the phone has metal in it. So why not throw it in too. Oh thats right because the "truth" only exists if you like the person speaking it.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
FMD! Did some imbecile actually waste a bit of everyone's life by putting out a comment like that?
Apparently and someone used it on this thread. Hahahaha. Old mate is trying to say L2 made up the comments he quoted. We all remember mate.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Oooh derrr. A probabalistic forecast. Might as well save everyone the time n money n just shut the *smile* up n say nothing. Instead of proving to all n sundry that the BOM is either full of dickheads or a waste of time n money, perhaps even both all at the same time if that's the sort of crap they came out with.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
He's on one of the last stages of denialism - "yes it is happening but it's going to be fantastically good for us". He skipped a few stages though.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Think you'd better read the article. Really just reciting stuff he's said before. But I do welcome his attempt to reframe the discussion in practical terms and away from alarmism.

I was taking your lead and just posting links without reading them. or is that option for deniers only ?

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Geologic Time has been interrupted by mass consumption, particularly since the beginning of the industrial revolution. If you think about that in terms of the age of the Earth ( about 4.54 billion years ), we've systematically dismantled the naturally occurring repair mechanisms of the planet in under 300 years. What an extraordinary plague we are ..

Reactions: 3 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Oh dear,
I have to change my thinking regarding the posters on this site who championed the Nelligan firey for his emotional crack at Scott. Probs the same for the other small town peeps who expressed their dismay at Scott too.
It is now apparent to me that you are not actually lefties but probably confused One Nation hopefuls.
Headline, "RFS denies firefighter was sacked after slamming Prime Minister Scott Morrison".
Enjoy the read. ;)

Reactions: 1 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Parotting a clickbait moron like Daisy Cousens without atttribution does you no credit.
Poor form is just that Ian, poor form. As was mentioned during the hysetrical ravings by some and clearly embraced by others recently.
Few of us spoke regarding this on the forum when it happened and were chastised for it.
So you dont see the humour in this report. Hmmm I know i do.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Parotting a clickbait moron like Daisy Cousens without atttribution does you no credit.

It's pretty amusing. This guy milks The Project claiming he's apolitical and they put him on a pedestal as a rebellious hero, then when he reveals he's a Hanson disciple they turn and spit on him. Shallow!

Reactions: 1 users