Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The reality is that developed countries have contributed more than half the greenhouse gasses which have caused this problem, continue to be the major emitters, and therefore, are not only the countries which have responsibility to clean up the mess we contributed to, but also can have the biggest impact in reducing carbon emissions because we're the ones emitting the carbon. Not that hard to understand is it?

As for population, yep, this is an issue. But it is a very long term issue to fix. What needs to happen is a reduction in the birth rate and there are a couple of ways which work well to reduce birth rates: reduce poverty and better education for girls.

DS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What needs to happen is a reduction in the birth rate and there are a couple of ways which work well to reduce birth rates: reduce poverty and better education for girls.

DS
Haaarrrrgh! That worked *smile* brilliantly in China. What girls? Chinese couples aborted most of the female foetuses under their one child policy which was only recently recanted and there's now a massive amount of marriageable Chinese men with no spare females around to play happy families with.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The interesting thing about this thread is you just never can predict where it’s going to go.....

Reactions: 1 user

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
HR is getting less coherent with every post. I'm starting to get a little concerned I'm arguing with a bot.
You got nothing, again. And again. And again. Ask random questions that must be important to you. Jjst rhetorical ones i suspect. Do you expect answers?
Garner your support where ever you feel the most comfort.
Like I said prior, its your life.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
You got nothing, again. And again. And again. Ask random questions that must be important to you. Jjst rhetorical ones i suspect. Do you expect answers?

Please tell us more about supply and demand, it's an intriguing concept.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012

I honestly have no idea what you are on about any more. Consider me out of this conversation. Have a good one.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Haaarrrrgh! That worked ******* brilliantly in China. What girls? Chinese couples aborted most of the female foetuses under their one child policy which was only recently recanted and there's now a massive amount of marriageable Chinese men with no spare females around to play happy families with.

In terms of reducing future population, it did work. Had social consequences as you mention.

It will also cause other problems though - China will have an increasingly aging population with fewer working age people to support them.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Please tell us more about supply and demand, it's an intriguing concept.
Look it up AM. Its not hard to do or all that intriguing either.
Its not even hard to put into context in this thread.
But for some it is just plain confusing.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Here's a related two-word concept for you.

P1ss and wind

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Haaarrrrgh! That worked ******* brilliantly in China. What girls? Chinese couples aborted most of the female foetuses under their one child policy which was only recently recanted and there's now a massive amount of marriageable Chinese men with no spare females around to play happy families with.

Who mentioned China? Not me you doofus.

What is your suggestion smart arse? The predictable response of deniers losing the argument is to then revert to "population is the problem" argument. Then you suggest we need to work to reduce the birth rate and you get some straw man b***s*** about China.

What are you suggesting? We cull the population?

DS

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

No, it is just plain rubbish. If the hypotheses of supply and demand usefully explained the economy then economists would be less woeful at predicting anything. Since I have completed microeconomics at university level I think I know what the hypothesis claims, it is rubbish. Most markets are oligopolies, look at the explanations (note plural) they have for oligopolies and note that they have many models . . . which don't work.

Supply and demand is generally presented as being variables in a perfectly competitive market, the only place you will find one of those is in a university lecture theatre or the delusional rantings of neo-liberal fundamentalists.

DS

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Let me bring this back to your wafer thin ideas on climate change and if you like all other similar topics. Supply and demand, and as i have said before root cause.

If there were "NO" humans would there actually be human induced climate change?

Run this scenario through all of your lecturer hypothesis and then give me an answer.

I feel "the rush" like Burger does when being a wanker and asking rhetorical questions.

Lots of love from your fanbase of "delusional rantings of neo-liberal fundamentalists."

Last edited:

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Supply and demand is generally presented as being variables in a perfectly competitive market, the only place you will find one of those is in a university lecture theatre or the delusional rantings of neo-liberal fundamentalists.

DS
I like the gist of this quote. University lecture theatres and neo's together as one.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Let me bring this back to your wafer thin ideas on climate change and if you like all other similar topics. Supply and demand, and as i have said before root cause.

Run this scenario through all of your lecturer hypothesis and then give me an answer.
I like this quote.
human induced climate change is only a thing
because of humans.
so if humans dont exist its all solved.
brilliant

• Haha

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
China did not work to reduce poverty and increase education levels among women to reduce birth rates. they used the law, hence it as not effective.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012

I feel "the rush" like Burger does when being a wanker and asking rhetorical questions.

Lots of love from your fanbase of "delusional rantings of neo-liberal fundamentalists."

Wow, I excuse myself politely and you call me a wanker.

Class.

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
The reality is that developed countries have contributed more than half the greenhouse gasses which have caused this problem, continue to be the major emitters, and therefore, are not only the countries which have responsibility to clean up the mess we contributed to, but also can have the biggest impact in reducing carbon emissions because we're the ones emitting the carbon. Not that hard to understand is it?

Maybe it’s ‘fair’ but it will make absolutely NO difference to cc whatsoever because massive emitters like China & India will not only continue to emit but are building new coal fired power stations as we speak. Not to mention the US that is not even a signatory to Paris. The whole thing is laughable. We will all die of cc but those of us with solar on the roof will at least feel virtuous before we depart.

Reactions: 2 users