Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Specify precisely all the arguments in the film that you think were accurate. We can then have hours of fun debunking them.
Im guessing all the arguments against clean energy were accurate, and all the arguments against capitalism were false. Simple really.

Reactions: 2 users

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Onus is on you to debunk if you want to. Feel free.
You said "it doesn't paint a rosy picture" but can't give us a single example of what that means.

If I was a cynic I'd be tempted to think you haven't watched the film yourself.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
You said "it doesn't paint a rosy picture" but can't give us a single example of what that means.

If I was a cynic I'd be tempted to think you haven't watched the film yourself.
- It looks at the fossil fuel usage required to create "clean" energy producing assets
- It looks at the environmental damage caused by "clean" energy such as land clearing
- It unmasks many a climate change crusader as climate change charlatans and shows that things like Earth Day are pure virtual signalling
- Shows that a lot of organisations that are claiming to be renewable are just burning wood and claiming it as a renewable source of energy
- Really makes clear the firming requirement that is required to back intermittent generation
- Low production life of solar and wind assets

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
- It looks at the fossil fuel usage required to create "clean" energy producing assets
- It looks at the environmental damage caused by "clean" energy such as land clearing
- It unmasks many a climate change crusader as climate change charlatans and shows that things like Earth Day are pure virtual signalling
- Shows that a lot of organisations that are claiming to be renewable are just burning wood and claiming it as a renewable source of energy
- Really makes clear the firming requirement that is required to back intermittent generation
Ok, tell me exactly what it argues about low production life of solar and wind assets. How long does it claim the production life actually is?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The fact this thread has kicked off again is absolute proof that Australia is getting a bit too relaxed with the COVID-19 pandemic.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
You do know what renewable means??

DS
The animals they kill to remove these trees are renewable too? Point is it is all about virtue signalling. I bet most people don’t think of burning trees as being particular clean or green which has largely gone hand in hand with the renewable moniker.