Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul

No one is taking this seriously and we're walking into our doom. Just have to hold out some hope that Labor is more responsible on such a serious issue but I'm not confident. The interests of business reign supreme.

No wonder the secretary General of the UN singled out Australia as a bunch of charlatans - He's spot on!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
We are experiencing a one-in-two-month flood up here.

Vast ugly depots of muddy twisted whitegoods washed into coopers creek and the wilson river last night.

How good is coal

We need a new approach to public stoning.

Abbott, murdoch, palmer, canavan, rhinehart, morrison et al should be tied up And battered with the muddy and burnt twisted hard remains of peoples lives

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We are experiencing a one-in-two-month flood up here.

Vast ugly depots of muddy twisted whitegoods washed into coopers creek and the wilson river last night.

How good is coal

We need a new approach to public stoning.

Abbott, murdoch, palmer, canavan, rhinehart, morrison et al should be tied up And battered with the muddy and burnt twisted hard remains of peoples lives
Yep.

I don't know if people know, but it started raining yesterday morning around, what - 8am? and was still going at 3am. Without stopping. I don't know when it stopped because I fell asleep, but I'm thinking of building an ark.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

No one is taking this seriously and we're walking into our doom. Just have to hold out some hope that Labor is more responsible on such a serious issue but I'm not confident. The interests of business reign supreme.

No wonder the secretary General of the UN singled out Australia as a bunch of charlatans - He's spot on!
The central plank of Coalition environment policy is to give billions of taxpayer dollars to farmers. It has been that way for 25 years. Study after study, review after review says its pissing money up against the wall. Its a corrupt, intergenerational heist. But a policy that worked well, the Carbon Tax, was a 'big new tax'.

This is what you get with the corrupt, climate change denying Coalition. Forget trying to solve a problem that doesn't really exist, and even if it does we'll be long gone, lets just give money to dinkum aussies who vote for us and dress it up as a policy. The really sad part is that half of the nation is fine with it.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Reactions: 1 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
The central plank of Coalition environment policy is to give billions of taxpayer dollars to farmers. It has been that way for 25 years. Study after study, review after review says its pissing money up against the wall. Its a corrupt, intergenerational heist. But a policy that worked well, the Carbon Tax, was a 'big new tax'.

This is what you get with the corrupt, climate change denying Coalition. Forget trying to solve a problem that doesn't really exist, and even if it does we'll be long gone, lets just give money to dinkum aussies who vote for us and dress it up as a policy. The really sad part is that half of the nation is fine with it.
If the half of the nation who make you happy, stopped eating what the farmers from the sad half have contributed for 25 years, maybe then we actually do stand a chance.
It's a fair call.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
If the half of the nation who make you happy, stopped eating what the farmers from the sad half have contributed for 25 years, maybe then we actually do stand a chance.
It's a fair call.
yeah razor sharp analysis. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
amaYep.

I don't know if people know, but it started raining yesterday morning around, what - 8am? and was still going at 3am. Without stopping. I don't know when it stopped because I fell asleep, but I'm thinking of building an ark.

I'm just north of Ballina (not *smile* Byron) 250mm since Tuesday 9am and rising, been here 25 years, never seen it like this.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
instead of lowering the fuel excise for 6 months and appeasing their fossil fuel donors, how about using the money to subsidise the cost electric vehicles?

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
instead of lowering the fuel excise for 6 months and appeasing their fossil fuel donors, how about using the money to subsidise the cost electric vehicles?
I’ve worked for big oil for over twenty four years and my last day is tomorrow.

Reducing this tax is insane. Nothing like financial pain to drive changes in behaviours. People will switch - ride / work from home / change where they live / buy smaller cars / switch to solar powered electric vehicles etc etc if prices remain high. Business will evolve even more quickly and not have impediments like stamp duty to make appropriate changes.

Much better off giving people money than doing it this way.

Tobacco tax and sugar tax very effective.

Unfortunately doing the right thing I imagine e won’t win votes.

I’m my view we also need to switch to a road use charge (per km) - this should help traffic congestion too and push people on to public transport and reduce massive infrastructure costs.

Reactions: 6 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yep, removing part of the fuel excise just before an election and putting it back just after is a pretty transparent bit of pork-barreling. On climate change it is simply stupid. Bit like the 8.5billion fistful of dollars which is being thrown around now, yet on 1 July the low-mid income tax break ends and is not being renewed, so, again, money given before the election and clawed back just after the election.

If the electorate fall for these tricks, and re-elect this government which has a commitment to doing nothing about climate change, I suppose we get what we deserve.

DS