Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Was it you who suggested that lot maybe a year ago? I now do get milk in returnable bottles, even though I get milk on my bicycle riding home from work (not that hard is it really!). I don't tend to drink soft drinks any more but that is no longer available in returnable bottles that I have noticed.
yeah, maybe. i knew there were plenty of places that do it, but I just googled it to find an example.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Tell me you don't understand how preferential voting works without telling me you don't understand how preferential voting works. We got the government the majority of Australians wanted. It was only close because of the media's cheerleading for the Coalition and complete unwillingness to report on Morrison and co's graft and corruption. And it wasn't even that close.

As for alternatives to fossil fuels, they're here, mate. Fossil fuels are going the way of the dinosaurs they're made from, and quickly. Even with beholden governments subsidising coal and oil, the market is speaking loudly and clearly, and that will only accelerate.
What don't you understand ,you need fossil fuels to make things,even the nice green ones.but whatever .

Reactions: 1 user

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
As for alternatives to fossil fuels, they're here, mate. Fossil fuels are going the way of the dinosaurs they're made from, and quickly. Even with beholden governments subsidising coal and oil, the market is speaking loudly and clearly, and that will only accelerate.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Making things from plastic is a different kettle of fish to burning coal and oil.
The refinery process produces large amount of emissions,so unless you think the world can do without the products petroleum produces,it's here to stay.
BTW Antartica recorded it's coldest day ever,beating last year's record ,and Mt Hotham recorded Victoria's coldest November day ,l could go on,but so much for global warming .

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The refinery process produces large amount of emissions,so unless you think the world can do without the products petroleum produces,it's here to stay.
BTW Antartica recorded it's coldest day ever,beating last year's record ,and Mt Hotham recorded Victoria's coldest November day ,l could go on,but so much for global warming .

So you're agreeing the climate is changing and we're getting record events?

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
So you're agreeing the climate is changing and we're getting record events?
Yeah it's getting colder not warmer,although when we have a proper summer and get droughts, we can probably change back to warmer:p

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah it's getting colder not warmer,although when we have a proper summer and get droughts, we can probably change back to warmer:p

yeah, you've pointed out where it's gotten record cold. Europe just came out of a record heat. Record rainfall everywhere. Record number of severe weather events globally (hurricanes etc).

It's certainly changing and it's heartening to see a Sky News watcher agree.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
yeah, you've pointed out where it's gotten record cold. Europe just came out of a record heat. Record rainfall everywhere. Record number of severe weather events globally (hurricanes etc).

It's certainly changing and it's heartening to see a Sky News watcher agree.
Yeah ,and how long have they been keeping records for in Earths millions of year's existence.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Making an argument that one point in the world has a record high or low therefore everything is hotter or colder is the height of ridiculousness. Can we do better.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Making an argument that one point in the world has a record high or low therefore everything is hotter or colder is the height of ridiculousness. Can we do better.
In fairness this is the US politics thread, so it reasonable for posters to act like D Trump.
I am still waiting for examples of Andrews' crimes tho? Or an admission that was a lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Big Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Jul 15, 2013
I'm sure they will, hence the change from global warming to climate change some years ago so they can claim any weather event. I just wish we could get the geniuses doing the 100 years warming forecasts to do the 7 day forecasts seeing they're so clever.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I'm sure they will, hence the change from global warming to climate change some years ago so they can claim any weather event. I just wish we could get the geniuses doing the 100 years warming forecasts to do the 7 day forecasts seeing they're so clever.
@ truth social.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
No, it is warming just the way it was predicted to:

https://www.universetoday.com/14232...y-accurate-within-1-20th-of-a-degree-celsius/

Of course, some seem to have trouble distinguishing weather from climate, which means they end up gullible enough to believe the BS thrown around by the deniers who have been flailing around changing their arguments every 5 minutes for decades.

Personally I prefer to believe those who have studied climate for years and actually have some expertise.

DS

PS, Big Tiger, I note you disliked my post above, which just tells me you dislike facts getting in the way of your prejudices. So be it, but disliking a post which merely points to the actual facts which disprove the assertions made (can't remember if you made them and can't be bothered looking) says a lot about your willingness to accept reality.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Three years of La Nina has done some good at least. This story and the accompanying videos made me smile:
For a frog biologist, it has been absolutely heaven. I have never seen so many frogs in my life.

A good life has frogs in it!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users