Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I think "Late" Capitalism is a term which is mis-named. Yes, capitalism has been around a long time and has gone through a few periods which have different features, but we don't know how long it will last.

The other aspect to this is the rise of the importance of the finance industry which has a larger role in the economy than it has had in the past, and hence more power.

Of course, the market failure of climate change may well see capitalism replaced by something else sooner rather than later, we'll see although societal change tends not to be quick so maybe we won't see.

DS

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Late stage capitalism is what we see now... large corporates that are multinational and in many ways more powerful than governments. Increasing wealth concentration at the top. Small businesses making way for the big. Massive wealth transfers in the digital space. transfer of manufacturing and some knowledge work to developing countries.

I'd also highlight rampant consumerism, breakdown of unions/ workers rights, and rapidly accelerating environmental destruction.
Does it ever end? What can we look forward to?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
2g2HEGp.jpg

Myth busted.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
2g2HEGp.jpg

Myth busted.
Really, that all depends on the boards time out variable for detecting posters. You could be in a room, logout, login as an alias and have both your IDs showing as online.

Or just log into the board twice, once in incognito mode, or different browser.

But you're technical so you would know that.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Really, that all depends on the boards time out variable for detecting posters. You could be in a room, logout, login as an alias and have both your IDs showing as online.

Or just log into the board twice, once in incognito mode, or different browser.

But you're technical so you would know that.

Oh, I missed that image that Lee uploaded, I thought he was just blustering as usual. So many was you could do this. eg Login on your phone, and on your laptop with separate accounts. If you run your phone through the mobile network and your laptop on the WAN, you'll get very different IP addresses as well. If you are really savvy you can spoof the origin IP addresses too.

On another board I was on this practice was called running "multis".

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
If you're still in doubt then maybe you can check with Chief at BF as to whether I've ever used an alias. I've been suspended there more times than you can poke a stick at. Matter of fact Chief suspended me last night for wishing him a merry Christmas. I don't think it had anything to do with "you decrepit Carlton bastard" tacked on the end.

blofield

Tiger Cub
Jul 20, 2005
I'll bust the myth right here - right now - So you can give poor Lee some respite :D

I'm real and I'm a passionate Tiger supporter. Been on the boards here since 2004 :)

Have followed the Tigers since 1974 - After watching the side run around the G with the Premiership Cup - As a 6-yr Yr Old.

I prefer to observe/watch the banter/opinions play out here on Pre - Not to get involved in the heated debates. Just don't need the stress in my old age:D

Am a great fan of Lee's work here - Caesar's and Scoop's too. I really respect/admire Tooheys football related opinions. Even follow him on twitter. (Tooheys if you notice I do like your posts from time to time;) )

Anyway - Hope you all great Tiger Supporters have a great Christmas a terrific 2021

PS. G'day Antman

Last edited: