Goldposts - The best of Punt Road End | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goldposts - The best of Punt Road End

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Easy, you forgot to mention the linchpin in Tom Derickx

he's there only cause he has 'Buddy' and 'Dusty' in his contacts and possibly, allegedly, purely hypothetically has grade 3 septum thinning

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I was taken with this one. I think it's bipartisan (I like that) and I love the broad address, the reference to established values. I admire the respect of views other. This is a beautiful post -

I think Australian, and thereby Victorian democracy, has proved sustaianble at least in the 120 years since federation. Your phrasing of 'the moral law of society is such that good governance prevails' sounds logical but is highly subjective. A state's laws are, as implied, to be followed subject to the penalties provisional on disobeying; it's nothing to do with moral positions which (as I've already stated) are relative. I fully support anyone's right to peacefully and legally oppose what they see as an improper or unjust law. And people often do; sometimes successfully - e.g. see the Emancipation of Slaves in the USA.
Of course, the Ancient Greeks are supposed to be the inventors of democracy so it goes back a long way (although had long history of using slaves themselves). It was a form of democracy for ancient times so limited and flawed. Modern democracy can and does work as the history of western civilization proves, in spite of aberrations e.g. from Hitler to Merkel. Your comments here and endorsement of Sulla smack of an inclination to dictatorship. Surely not - after the history of the 20th C let alone Rome or hundreds of other failed and destructive societies that were tyrannies?

Your final point re the financial damages of the lockdowns, I totally empathise with. I have also suffered losses although not to the degree of many others. However, it's this horrible virus from hell that is the enemy, not a popularly elected Govt (by a huge majority) that has genuinely striven extremely hard to save lives by minimizing the spread of cases. Remember it often does lingering health harm - long Covid.

Yes, the economic destruction is enormous or untold, and will take many years of recovery, but - you cannot do business from your grave, besides $$ does not matter a damn any more!

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
DavidSSS on the mystery of why Richmond have hardly received any Rising Star nominations in recent years compared to all other teams ..from the Josh Gibcus thread.:))
Come September the Scats will get a few Falling star awards too.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
At the game this aftternoon, Cumbo faced a set shot from 48m, a crucial shot.

I quoted caesar to all the faithful in the area -

Training today Cumberland set shot 55 out kicked it through the goals and over the fence

Not long after that quote the faithful were a lot more faithful.

I believe in @caesar. All hail.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
There are players you love because they are so good, like Dusty, Jack or Rance. There are those you fall in love with at first sight, like your own kids who repay your affections a thousand-fold, like Sheds and Shai. The workers you grow to love like the dog you didn't want, like Lambo and KMac.

And then there's Trent Cotchin. What can you say but O Captain, My Captain.

I will never forget the sight of him mansplaining finals footy to Stagerfraud and the Scats in 2017. Bashing up their entire midfield (that *smile*'in goal. Jesus Christ, that goal), then doing the same two weeks later to the Giants. The spontaneous, roaring standing ovation from the MCC members as he ran to the bench having bustled Phil Davis into touch in the last quarter of the prelim.

It's beyond love. It's Love, Gratitude, Awe, practically Worship. It's what mere foot soldiers must have felt for great warriors leading them into battle in medieval times.

I'd say I don't understand how the wider footy world doesn't see this. Some do, of course. I say "I'd say" because I do see why the others don't. They are small men and women who seek to drag him down to compensate for and mask their deep inner knowledge of their own inferiority. True greatness makes some swell, others shrink.

This bloke's in the *smile*'in pantheon of Tigers. Shoulder to shoulder with Dyer.

Six <3 so far and climbing. This is a spine tingling post. Total gold.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users