Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I wouldn’t have Westwood and Casey out there in foursomes. They’re not good enough putters. He’s done it twice now silly Padraig.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
What a terrible morning foursomes performance by the Euros the first 2 days - especially by the English players. Can’t hole anything that’s 8-10 feet out to 20. Nothing. Particularly Westwood who should never have been played in the foursomes. Him and Fitzpatrick terrible. Casey ordinary. And how did Hovland and Wiesberger lose their match like that ? Fell apart on the greens as well, on the back 9. Most non impactful Euro putting display I’ve seen in a long time.

Spaniards the only ones with any game.

Frustrating thing is, the Americans aren’t playing out of their skin. They’ve just been ok. Otherwise the Euros just can’t get anything going at all and are handing it to them.

Time to watch the four balls now.

Last edited:

The Big Richo

Staff member
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Rahm aside, I've barely seen a European player make a putt of consequence over any sort of length.

Lowry made one of the few on 18 but the overwhelming majority of those moments have passed with barely a whimper.

Awful performance and yet it wouldn't surprise me if it still gets tight tomorrow.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Rahm aside, I've barely seen a European player make a putt of consequence over any sort of length.

Lowry made one of the few on 18 but the overwhelming majority of those moments have passed with barely a whimper.

Awful performance and yet it wouldn't surprise me if it still gets tight tomorrow.
Yep.

Geez Hovland is an ordinary putter. Hatton, Rory and Fleetwood badly out of form. Westwood diabolical on the greens too.

The Americans are hitting it all over the place but the Euros are so off their game they can’t make them pay. At least Spieth and Thomas have had a few beatings.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yep.

Geez Hovland is an ordinary putter. Hatton, Rory and Fleetwood badly out of form. Westwood diabolical on the greens too.
You're not wrong with Hovland, he couldn't even get them close enough to lip out. Needs to get his eyes checked.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sergio grows a leg in the Ryder Cup.
Have been watching Harris English for a while, I reckon he's got a major in him, as has Scottie Scheffler.

The Big Richo

Staff member
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Yep.

The Americans are hitting it all over the place but the Euros are so off their game they can’t make them pay. At least Spieth and Thomas have had a few beatings.

Never realised the full extent of what a wanker Thomas is until this week.

I also always thought Rahm's putting was shaky but he has been a snake charmer this week.

Looking at the match-ups tomorrow, Europe loading up out the gate and will need Rory, Lowry, Rahm and Garcia to go bang early and hope that's enough to get the rest of them to tighten up. If not, it could be a 20 point plus US score and a humiliation.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Rahm and Scheffler playing each other in the singles, a couple of young bulls.
You'd have to go for Rahm, Scheffler wasn't bad, but wasn't at his best in the Fed Ex Cup playoffs. I've got a lot of time for him, and reckon he'll give Rahm a run for his money.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
My man Scottie wiped the floor with Rahm.

I could've got $31 on him being 4 up after 4 holes. I looked at it, and was tempted.

Is there an uppercut emoji?

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Hovland is a young star, reckon he'll bag a major before the likes of Sheffler & English.

The yanks have a formidable side, Europe needs to find some fresh blood.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Dunno if anyone noticed, and haven’t heard anyone mention this, but Paula Gretzky goes off her brain at Dustin Johnson over something at the end. Bit of a nutter/volatile relationship from what you hear.

i noticed her earlier storming around trying to get on camera, then at the end in the crowd of players and other WAGs, she totally goes off.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Dunno if anyone noticed, and haven’t heard anyone mention this, but Paula Gretzky goes off her brain at Dustin Johnson over something at the end. Bit of a nutter/volatile relationship from what you hear.

i noticed her earlier storming around trying to get on camera, then at the end in the crowd of players and other WAGs, she totally goes off.
DJ was smashed in the group presser it was pretty funny. The yanks as a whole are pretty unlikeable. I reckon the only likeable ones are speith, morokowa and Johnson are likeable.