Good win the girls | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Good win the girls

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Great win, Brisbane were not just 4-0, their percentage was over 300. We kept them to 1 goal.

Huge effort to win that one and it was the defence again which held firm and were difficult to score against.

Pretty damned good in the middle too. We seem to make games scrappy which suits our style and limits the damage the really good teams can do.

Plus, a fair bit of pace in the team now, and ran out the game a lot better than we did against Adelaide.

If we could get the forward line working a bit better, and Brennan will help in that regard, we are a force to be reckoned with.

I thought we were pretty much no chance before the game, but it was a classic loss for a team going very well - they don't lose to the really crap teams, they up their game for the other contenders, it is the rising middle of the ladder teams which are often the ones to pull off a win. We took our chance today and that will definitely help as we try to make the finals.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Coming along well the ladies , considering the backline is without Miller, Cordner and Darcy seems to be upgraded on , midfield now looks to have some depth to it , with Conti, McKenzie and Egan looking like as good as any , Seymour continues to improve in the Ruck and around the ground as does Kelly when she’s fit .

Small forwards seem our biggest issue, though Yassir looks good , however will most likely be a midfielder.

Good signs

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Put a smile my face when I saw the scores.
Super start to the season.
Couldve been undefeated if not for an umpire against Geelong and a fade put against Adelaide.
We are progressing well.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Conti is a star. Has serious marketability and is actually a bloody good player
She will be the face of AFLW in the next year or two.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
And we got robbed against Geelong.
And we were leading against Adelaide in the last qtr.
A really good season thus far.
The media won't bag our girls would they??

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Good win by the girls v West Coast away.

Without Brennan and S Hosking. Thought we dominated them in contest.

Enjoying watching the girls play this year. We will definitely make finals from here and a real chance of top 4.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Good win by the girls v West Coast away.

Without Brennan and S Hosking. Thought we dominated them in contest.

Enjoying watching the girls play this year. We will definitely make finals from here and a real chance of top 4.
Are we talking flags.
Maybe B2B??
We beat the lions & we were leading the Crows till the last 5 minutes.
Really improved alot this year and we have some girls that can mark above there heads.
Who's the recruiter for the Girls? Let's swap with the men's.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Have to admit I haven’t been a keen watcher of the AFLW overall, however I have watched a few tiger games this season - love the way Eilish Sheerin goes about it.

Reactions: 4 users