Goodbye Jeep | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Jeep

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Puma were the turning point. BLK had us until the end of 2017 but went under in 2016. Puma agreed to start their sponsorship a year earlier and 2017 happened.

Puma is interesting as a sponsor. At the time, I think the only other team that wore Puma gear was the Eagles, and they quickly went to someone else leaving only us with Puma.

Then Puma screwed us all over with their delays in getting out 2017 premiership gear, although they did help us keep Dusty.

But they seem to have fixed those problems, because fast forward to this season and I think there were 4 teams wearing Puma.

The really interesting thing is though is the market that Puma command.

Last season (2020), Richmond led the league for onfield apparel sales at 15.4% of the total AFL onfield apparel market. Easy to understand when you consider we went back to back.

The team that was second also wore Puma.

And that team? Can you believe Carlton, who finished 11th and missed the finals but accounted for 11.4% of sales.

Between them, Richmond and Carlton last year accounted for almost 26.9% of all onfield AFL apparel sold.

To put that into another perspective, the next three clubs were West Coast (8%), Geelong (7.7%) and Collingwood (7.7%), combining for 23.4% of the market. None wear Puma.

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Actually, just watched the club video about the new Latitude sponsorship, which looks like it was filmed at Punt Road.

Maybe we should try to get Victa or Jim's Lawnmowing on board as a sponsor. The grass around the place could certainly do with a trim!

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Can confirm the grass in Yarra Park has now been cut.

You read it here first

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
All I can say is that we hope our latitude is north and not south....

Reactions: 1 user

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I am not in love with the nib logo - they could've changed it to black. I wonder how many jumpers they will sell with it compared to Jeep.

IMG_0213-bin.jpgIMG_0213-black-nib.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah, the logo really is *smile*. Jeep's logo has been our best. @Mr T. 's NIB example would be just as good.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Doesn't bother me about colours on our sash, but the nib logo is only green by font and not by background on most of their forms, so they could've blended the green or black font into our yellow sash background.

I reckon the LATITUDE one looks too large for lower back.

1644982611579.png

• Dislike