Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Too many racist pricks these days. Hope Mabs is ok.
Probably the exact opposite these days ToOheys. Wasn't that long ago that the old casual racism was pretty much the norm, but most of it was usually expressed in very small group conversations and was usually tolerated with a simple shoulder shrug.
These days the casual racism side of things is very much frowned upon, causes outrage and is banned. Huge problem is that there's all these " social " media platforms where there's a perfect outlet to spread the racism idiocy to thousands / millions in an instant and most people have matured n developed enough to understand that it's unacceptable and so be offended by what they see and here from the more overt racists.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
In his first run for GCS Mabior had 83%TOG 2-0G, 6K, 2HB, 1M, 7HO, 2T, 1Sp. It wa a very spooney match but Mabs looked ok for most of the game and was useful.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
8 disposals ,1 mark, 0 inside 50 marks, 3 contested possessions, 4 clangers, 2 turnovers in 83% game time. His first goal was off the ground after his team mate clearly threw the ball between his legs. 2nd goal he was at the end of a chain running into an open goal. There were 59 inside 50s. Was pretty much a typical Chol game imo. Early days at his new club but I don't feel like we've lost anything of value.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
8 disposals ,1 mark, 0 inside 50 marks, 3 contested possessions, 4 clangers, 2 turnovers in 83% game time. His first goal was off the ground after his team mate clearly threw the ball between his legs. 2nd goal he was at the end of a chain running into an open goal. There were 59 inside 50s. Was pretty much a typical Chol game imo. Early days at his new club but I don't feel like we've lost anything of value.
Yep, same old same old. When the game gets hard in the 2nd half and you need to push yourself to contribute he goes missing. Nothings changed nor will it with this bloke.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
All true. But I still love him.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I wouldn't be labelling any team as "spooney" at least until we've played them.

In 2021, 23., I frequently referred to RFC as 19th. And I still think we were.

I have described our contests in the preseason as VFA.

I am under no illusions, 23..

That said I think WCE was decidedly spooney last week. Not much stock on the park. Had Mabs played for us he may have kicked a few. Or not. I'm still a qualified fan.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Sorry to hear news of Cholly being racially abused following their win against Carlton, or at any time for that matter.

It is a terrible thing at any time for anyone and the perpetrators are just rubbish.

Proud that as a club we have seen Peggy and Brendon and those who came before, not just react to it but that we have taken positive steps to ensure that our people are educated and that our attitude to it is alive, and not just a box with a tick.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
That's what you get with Carlton supporters; scum.

Mabs going nicely with 9 goals in 4 games.

Reactions: 1 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Mabs has been going well but he was never going to play ahead of Jack, Tom or Noah. He's been great to watch, particularly when it involved Carlturd losing.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Chol was always unreliable at Richmond. Played some great footy interspersed with a lot of mediocre footy.

Sometimes a change of club can push a player to be a lot more consistent. I don't think he would have ever been a consistently good player for us.

I have no regrets that we let him go, am only mildly surprised he seems to be better after a change of club and hope he does well.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
Mabs has been going well but he was never going to play ahead of Jack, Tom or Noah. He's been great to watch, particularly when it involved Carlturd losing.
.its a strange reaction the actual surge in luv for a tiger at a new club.
.only natural i guess.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Mabs was a fringe AFL Forward/Ruck when he played for us in 2021 and we were Ninteenthmond then. He is statting better now. And we hope will continue to do so.

But he would not play in our ones IMO. I like Mabs.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Let’s not rewrite history.
Marbs was talented but non competitive. Will never improve a list. He will merely contribute. On occasions

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users