Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
There was one bit of play, in the last quarter I think, where the ball was in his vicinity, and he didn't even move, not even a slow jog.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
There was one bit of play, in the last quarter I think, where the ball was in his vicinity, and he didn't even move, not even a slow jog.

saw that, and was poor. I thought he was pretty solid apart from that.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Watching him at the ground, I actually thought he was pretty poor. Seemed to bludge a bit, and wait for the ball rather than attack it.

He also looked pretty ineffective in the ruck.

I'll have to watch the replay to get a better idea.
My thoughts as well. Did a few handy things but seemed to lack that intensity of effort or awareness of what he should have been doing at times. Probably no surprise really, he's had a big month or so n was probably due for a patchy game.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not sure he was out of gas, he has 3 preseason’s under his belt.
His contributions today was good, with more game time I can see him be the 3rd tall in the forward line, the back up ruckman and a bloke you could push back when required.
Currently a better option then Balta.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I saw a few glimpses when Chol read the game really well, I think he has learned a lot. He is patchy but is looking like a good second ruck/forward/pinch hit down back which can be a very useful role for him. If he can be consistent in this role he has a good future and will be a valuable contributor.

DS

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
At least he gets to where the ball is
Compare this to that other forward ruck ( Griffens ? Griffiths?) who just never got near it - it used to do my head in +++++
Yes the talk of chol in the reserves was that at times he zoned out and was a "witness" but he seems to do it less in the seniors and I would take him over that other guy we gave years to every day of the week

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Though far from locking himself into the 22, I thought both he and Soldo showed improved signs , both show there’s enough to work with to stay on the list.

Last thing I want is having to pay big coin for Rucks that play in the magoos

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin

Yeh a couple of times. Maybe gassed? But one player pretty much ran at him and he didn’t move.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Don't forget it was Cholly's first at the G. Give him time to get the feel of the place.

good point.

we play The G as uniquely as Geelong play Kardinia.

Im very excited about the two super athletic bigs we have in Mabs and Notorius.

these blokes dont grow on trees and you're licking your lips if you find one.

A ruckman like Mabs doesn't need to get 18 possessions. The template is NicNat, who gets about 10.

Its about the game changing impact they have when they do the breathtaking *smile*.

they are kind of like gigantic Riolis

Reactions: 1 users

tigersmk

Tiger Cub
Nov 17, 2004
Only 48% time on ground, so shouldn’t be “gassed”. Promising signs, still some work to do on aerobics and intensity.

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
Chol looks the goods except:
1. He's not much chop in the ruck contests (not at the moment anyway) and
2. He also doesn't look like he can take contested marks
Two pretty important facets of a 200cm player I reckon

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Chol looks the goods except:
1. He's not much chop in the ruck contests (not at the moment anyway) and
2. He also doesn't look like he can take contested marks
Two pretty important facets of a 200cm player I reckon

He was good in the ruck v Gold Coast against Witts who is 208cm. But wasn't as good yesterday v Simpson who is 210cm. He's battling some big ruckmen. Will be interesting to see how he goes against Lycett who is much smaller.

On the marking, he did take a great mark in defence. Touch day for overhead marking. Lynch did ok but not sure he is a good yardstick, the guy is a freak contested marking machine

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Watching the replay last night and J Dunstall was a huge wrap for Chollys kicking style. Firstly when he kicked his goal he said even though he mistimed it, he's got such a great routine, that it still went through.
Also reckons the kick to George was "remarkable"...... Maybe slightly OTT... however, I was sitting up high and not too far away and the thing I noticed is that he has this beautiful action, almost laconic looking when he strikes the ball.
Interesting times ahead when Nank is good to go!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Chol has played 5 games & is 22 years old. Showing plenty.
Good look at the 3 talls in action yesterday. Will be more effective when the conditions suit but make no mistake it is a very tough matchup for the opposition.

Reactions: 1 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
It could be a beautiful setup with Chol rucking 30% when Nank rests, and relieving either Jack or Tom for another 35%. Lots of variable match-ups in the forward line, and a genuine follower to help out Nank.