Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Chol has played 5 games & is 22 years old. Showing plenty.
Good look at the 3 talls in action yesterday. Will be more effective when the conditions suit but make no mistake it is a very tough matchup for the opposition.
And with Syd there and Dusty rotating through there as well, it's got the makings of a potent forward line.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Chol has played 5 games & is 22 years old. Showing plenty.
Good look at the 3 talls in action yesterday. Will be more effective when the conditions suit but make no mistake it is a very tough matchup for the opposition.
Sunny and 15 degrees this Saturday, pack your shades:cool:

Last edited:

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
It could be a beautiful setup with Chol rucking 30% when Nank rests, and relieving either Jack or Tom for another 35%. Lots of variable match-ups in the forward line, and a genuine follower to help out Nank.

And Balta at CHB.
Apologies being accepted now.
You know who you are!

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Best thing about Chol atm is he is impacting the scoreboard and creating goal opportunities. Think he is struggling in the ruck atm but unlike Soldo he can impact the contests so if he can improve his rucking he looks possibly a better backup ruckman proposition. Still seems to lose concentration at times.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Very very different types of players , however either one of Chol and my favourite big doofus Ivy2 must play a beauty this week with fingers crossed Nankervis gets through the VFL and takes his spot back against the Pies, obviously only one at best survives to partner Nank, I’d imagine they’ll go with Chol due to his versatility, however Soldo offers something a bit different

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
My view has always been, Soldo should play against the pies and just have him follow Cox around and stop him from marking the ball. If that did they in the Prelim, things might have been different. He is the only option we have to combat the really tall players who tend to kill us in the air.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
My view has always been, Soldo should play against the pies and just have him follow Cox around and stop him from marking the ball. If that did they in the Prelim, things might have been different. He is the only option we have to combat the really tall players who tend to kill us in the air.

But I’ve never seen Soldo hit a pack. I’m not sure he could combat Mr Cox

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
good point.

we play The G as uniquely as Geelong play Kardinia.

Im very excited about the two super athletic bigs we have in Mabs and Notorius.

these blokes dont grow on trees and you're licking your lips if you find one.

A ruckman like Mabs doesn't need to get 18 possessions. The template is NicNat, who gets about 10.

Its about the game changing impact they have when they do the breathtaking ****.

they are kind of like gigantic Riolis
I absolutely love your final line, there. That is gold!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Forget Soldo, we need Cholly's height and athleticism to tag Daddy Long Legs and spoil his attempts to mark and strut.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
As a 2nd ruck who can float fwd or even down back if required, Chol over Soldo everyday of the week. The Soldo Chol combo has worked probably better than a lot of us thought it would have.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Chol is a far better relief ruck option than Soldo because he can do lots other than giving the main ruck a rest, he is useful when not in the ruck. No contest, when Nank is back, Soldo is out.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Chol is a far better relief ruck option than Soldo because he can do lots other than giving the main ruck a rest, he is useful when not in the ruck. No contest, when Nank is back, Soldo is out.

DS

That is definitely true.
tho part of me thinks that at some stage before finals it will be Chol out Caddy in.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I trust Mabior now.

and I am going to call him Mabior Stroll

as a gesture of respect for how easily and laconically he can do really difficult things in traffic.