Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

F
I trust Mabior now.

and I am going to call him Mabior Stroll

as a gesture of respect for how easily and laconically he can do really difficult things in traffic.

Fair call. I'm probably not quite there yet. All for him beinglaconic, but I would just like to see him show a little more competitiveness for the contest. he's a big man and could learn to really impose himself on the opposition.
That said, is making a handy contribution to the team.
Will be interesting to see if he makes the best 22 in September.

Reactions: 2 users
Fair call. I'm probably not quite there yet. All for him beinglaconic, but I would just like to see him show a little more competitiveness for the contest. he's a big man and could learn to really impose himself on the opposition.
That said, is making a handy contribution to the team.
Will be interesting to see if he makes the best 22 in September.

I'm with you BT... shows a lot of promise and does some nice things but still not involved enough. Maybe it's just his tank but needs to improve this.

Still tends to fade out at times but a whole new Choi from last season. Delisting him must have woken him up and now we see real promise - at times
It’s definitely apart of his game he needs to work on, however I think the amount of game time his having probably affects this some what.

Continues to show good signs, however just needs to be fully committed at the contest more often

I love what he brings. But I agree he is not quite there yet and I would be nervous going into a final.

Had the opportunity stamp himself on the game yesterday but was timid. He is a fine speciman, just needs to learn to use his size

Reactions: 1 user
He certainly has something about him and his foot skills are silky. But as a second ruck he gets dominated in the actual ruck contests. I think it’s going to be a big call whether they back him in for finals.

Last edited:
Same issue he's always had, he loses concentration. Hope he can address it as otherwise he just won't make it. Can do extraordinary things, has the talent, needs the ultimate commitment.

Continues to show good signs, however just needs to be fully committed at the contest more often
Yep agree here. At the game yesterday there were a few instances where if he just went flat out at the ball he would have won it and knocked the rest over like ten pins.
He just needs to have a bit of intensity and commitment to the contest as you say Mr Brightside. Could be a real big player for us IF he develops that in his game.
Can’t see him playing finals unless there are injuries. If however he woke up one day and decided to commit like Stackman then well, different story.

Reactions: 1 users
He would be one of the neatest kicking rucks running around, which dovetails into our new game. any game really.

I'm really warming to Strol, but absolutely loved Big Ivans game yesterday.

A great dilemma, especially with Criminal Jones simmering away on the back burner.

How many teams have 4 ruckman who can reliably do the job?

As much potential as he shows, not sure we can afford to play Chol in finals. He still has the issue that stood out on debut - not knowing how to use his body in a contest. Often uses the Griffiths "reach" method in marking contests and gets too easily manipulated out of position in the ruck. There was a ground ball yesterday where he should've used his body to bump the smaller opponent off the ball, but reached in with his hands and lost the contest. He's both exciting and a bit frustrating.

Will be interesting to see how we manage him.

Last edited:
and I am going to call him Mabior Stroll

as a gesture of respect for how easily and laconically he can do really difficult things in traffic.
Mabior Stroll, totally apt. Young fella can do some seriously tidy stuff during a game n butter up by being completely doofus seconds later. Only getting about 50 to 60 % game time at the moment which is probably sufficient to keep him involved n focused as much as possible.
No complaints from me at this point in time if he continues developing up n gets a finals run. He's got the talent n capacity to be a very dangerous player from little game time when he matures up a bit more and he has the athleticism n flexibility to present all over the ground.

Reckon viewing could be brilliant in a couple of years if Balta n Cholly both become players. Balta = Pit Bull n Cholly = Panther might just be a lethal combination.

Mabior Stroll, totally apt. Young fella can do some seriously tidy stuff during a game n butter up by being completely doofus seconds later. Only getting about 50 to 60 % game time at the moment which is probably sufficient to keep him involved n focused as much as possible.
No complaints from me at this point in time if he continues developing up n gets a finals run. He's got the talent n capacity to be a very dangerous player from little game time when he matures up a bit more and he has the athleticism n flexibility to present all over the ground.

Reckon viewing could be brilliant in a couple of years if Balta n Cholly both become players. Balta = Pit Bull n Cholly = Panther might just be a lethal combination.

Agreed TM. Also he's still only a "baby" in big man's terms imo he's coming along nicely. His development in the last 12 months has been good.

Big Smooth. Simon Phoenx from Demolition Man. Playing a key role at a great price. Brackets McGoveren at Carlton getting 700 to play the same role.

Last edited:
Watched him run to the bench after handballing to set up Soldo's goal. He really does glide over the turf. Kinda like watching Michael Holding's approach.
Was listening to the 3aw commentary at the game and I think it was Tim Lane who mentioned his smooth footwork and that he'd probably be a great dancer.....
Bond Bar post 2017 GF........ Apparently he can move!
BTW..... still some of the most memorable footage of that night and Dusty choosing who and who ain't coming in!