Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
He seems to have finally turned the corner and is now rapidly progressing in an upwards trajectory . Still fades in and out of a game but that will go with experience. A bit of an excitement machine

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Big smooth. Buy all the stock you can. This bloke is a unicorn.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Wasn't his best game thus far. A bit more game time this week, up to 65%. Did have 3 hit-outs to advantage from 6 hit-outs and 4 clearances. Has kicked at least a goal in every game he's played. Bit of an enigma atm. Can he take the next step? Has the skills.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
His leap at the centre bounces excited me. Got over Grundy a couple of times. A bit of a young paddy Ryder about him.

Reactions: 1 user

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I was calling him Simon Phoenix (Wesley Snipes character from Demolition Man) at the game. My mates loved it.
Can anyone do a split screen shot of Simon Phoenix and Cholly?
You know those comparison shots where they are both looking or posing in the same direction?
(my posting skills are not great)
I think there's quite a resemblance.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Done me best Tg3

Actually you're right..... doppelganger!

ps.... over to you EzyT...... Need a shot of your new favourite Choldo!;)Studio_20190729_083556.jpgStudio_20190729_061544.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Long long way to go. He has taken a step but I want more.

Marbs does seem pretty happy with himself so early in his career, (would like more than the 7 around the ground disposals he had against Pies), but as long he keeps working hard and builds a tank, throw in a session or two with Emma Murray to keep his mind in the game, the 2nd ruck issue is solved.

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
Two things to note about the Sudanese Slingshot:
  1. When he shepparded Lynch for a goal, that indicates he's staying involved for second and third efforts, and getting from contest to contest. This is what Mabs said Dimma has asked of him. So he's coachable and capable of self-discipline in the heat of battle.
  2. When he baulked and sold some candy, that indicates a growing confidence to play with flair. Which means he's driven by a sense of fun not fear. And that's reflective of our culture.

Reactions: 4 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Cheers aoc1974.
The comparison pic was just about spot on.
Would have liked a shot showing more of Mab's hair from the blonde side (to accentuate the likeness to Simon Phoenix).
In any case you just about nailed it.
Thanks for your efforts.
MC will have a difficult decision if Nank is up for senior selection this week.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
When he did that baulk my sister, wife and friends started singing "Chol" to Spandau Ballet's "Gold"

"You are Chol (Chol)
Always believe in your soul
You've got the power to know
You're indestructible, always believe in,

Cos you are
Chol (Chol)
I'm glad that you're bound to return
Something I could have learned
You're indestructible, always believe in"

I pissed myself laughing

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Marbs does seem pretty happy with himself so early in his career, (would like more than the 7 around the ground disposals he had against Pies), but as long he keeps working hard and builds a tank, throw in a session or two with Emma Murray to keep his mind in the game, the 2nd ruck issue is solved.

You also have to take into account the limited game time he gets each week when looking at his stats.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Cheers aoc1974.
The comparison pic was just about spot on.
Would have liked a shot showing more of Mab's hair from the blonde side (to accentuate the likeness to Simon Phoenix).
In any case you just about nailed it.
Thanks for your efforts.
MC will have a difficult decision if Nank is up for senior selection this week.

Yeah tried hard to find it mate.... closest I came across. ...
Bonus was I found my favourite shot of the year which is over on the Syd Stack thread!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
When he did that baulk my sister, wife and friends started singing "Chol" to Spandau Ballet's "Gold"

"You are Chol (Chol)
Always believe in your soul
You've got the power to know
You're indestructible, always believe in,

Cos you are
Chol (Chol)
I'm glad that you're bound to return
Something I could have learned
You're indestructible, always believe in"

I pissed myself laughing
...and it's all True.