Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Nup doesn't do enough for mine. Just as concerning is the low amount of game time. Only played 49% affecting our opportunity to rotate midfield through the bench. 10 disposals total in last 3 games. Can that be absorbed in a grand final?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Tried very hard but he's just not strong enough. There was a contested ball in the goal square where he was held off with ease by a rookie defender while West Coast cleared.

The match committee know what they're doing and if they keep picking him, I'll accept that he's doing what's expected, even if I can't see it.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
This
Enjoyed his defensive punches but he really needs to clunk a few. Or run like crazy to get out on his own and demand the ball.
Agree, the trouble is he'd run under the ball, he can't seem to judge the ball when he's going for a mark.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Just for the record he had just TWO effective disposals for the whole game. That's 7 in total in the last 3 games, just 3 marks and only 1 goal. Sorry we can't carry it. I'd be trying CCJ who has been in hot form ahead of Chol.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Balta is the man for finals. He just has so much more to offer in all respects. Get him in!

Reactions: 2 users

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Doesn’t do anywhere near enough to warrant a spot in the 22.
It’s been wet recently and he hasn’t handled the conditions.
We can’t afford that in a final.
We are carrying him athe moment .
if Nank is fit drop Chol.

Isotopes

Tiger Rookie
Aug 3, 2013
Clearly struggles a little in the wet, but showed plenty of X-factor in his earlier games and kicked a goal in all but the last 2.
Definite need to see a step up if he plays next week to hold a finals spot.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I thought, first quarter aside, that is the best I have seen him ruck. Actually put his body on the line in the ruck contest. He should have learnt a lot from today.

He has made big strides this year and I am confident he will get better. But I would give Balta a trial next week. Preferred ruck combo for the finals is nank and soldo.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Just for the record he had just TWO effective disposals for the whole game. That's 7 in total in the last 3 games, just 3 marks and only 1 goal. Sorry we can't carry it. I'd be trying CCJ who has been in hot form ahead of Chol.

We can't carry it but Choldo (1 Nank) has just won 8 games straight & we just knocked off the reigning premiers..

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We can't carry it but Choldo (1 Nank) has just won 8 games straight & we just knocked off the reigning premiers..

Sure, and finals brings a whole new level of pressure. Taking away some spasmodic great defensive efforts if you can't find the ball now it's not going to get any easier. Tigers playing great footy, that's why we're winning but you always strive to get the best line up out there. Get an injury on gameday and your rotations which are already down because Chol is only playing 50%, suddenly becomes a major issue. Chol simply has to get more involved.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Sure, and finals brings a whole new level of pressure. Taking away some spasmodic great defensive efforts if you can't find the ball now it's not going to get any easier. Tigers playing great footy, that's why we're winning but you always strive to get the best line up out there. Get an injury on gameday and your rotations which are already down because Chol is only playing 50%, suddenly becomes a major issue. Chol simply has to get more involved.

The lineup that Chol has been part of seems to be going pretty well. BTW in 50% gametime today he had 10 hitouts & 5 tackles.
There's a chemistry between the current talls that's working well. Chol not getting a heap of possessions but I was pretty pleased with his game today.
Definitely a competitive effort. Lots of physical work that wont show up on the stats sheet. Spoils, smother etc.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
The lineup that Chol has been part of seems to be going pretty well. BTW in 50% gametime today he had 10 hitouts & 5 tackles.
There's a chemistry between the current talls that's working well. Chol not getting a heap of possessions but I was pretty pleased with his game today.
Definitely a competitive effort. Lots of physical work that wont show up on the stats sheet. Spoils, smother etc.

Yes I said that a couple of games ago, defensively he's doing OK but I've been watching the VFL closely and Chol doesn't do anything CCJ can't do better. Or Balta with the upside that they can influence the game more. 2 effective disposals doesn't cut it for any player. CCJ is a natural forward as well. And again I worry about the rotations in a final when a player is getting only 50% game time. Yes the Tigers are winning, does that mean you don't still try and strengthen the team further and reduce your weaknesses?

I'd personally like to see a change. The dilemma compounds with Nanks coming back in the side.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Chol has played 8 games this year for 8 straight wins.

Sometimes it's a case of better the devil you know.

If Chol is to be replaced (which I doubt) I'd definitely be leaning towards CCJ than Balta.
I think they'll stick with a chemistry that's working though.
Hopefully Cholly gets some better weather conditions to work in next week.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Sometimes it's a case of better the devil you know.

If Chol is to be replaced (which I doubt) I'd definitely be leaning towards CCJ than Balta.
I think they'll stick with a chemistry that's working though.
Hopefully Cholly gets some better weather conditions to work in next week.
You can't get better weather than rain

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
What Chol has over others is height, agility & pace. He's not just a 2nd ruckman, he a hybrid swingman sprinkled with some X Factor. A point of difference.
I'm well aware of his low stat numbers over the past 3 weeks however call me stubborn, but my sense is if they persevere the rewards will come.