Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
Of all the rule changes the only one I really like is 666. The evening up of numbers from a centre square restart I think is a good thing.
Agree, but removing the runner from the field was also a positive change

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Geelong
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Just expecting them to scrap the STAND rule now Hardwick is in charge of the suns and the Tigers are no longer the kings.

Reactions: 3 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
2015 The AFL Old Boys Club sign off on NORFLOL's BScott's decision to rest 9 NINE of his players agin RFC in the last game of the Season!
Cos we were playing NORFLOL in the first Final!
All above board apparently and passed the integrity test!
Next year The AFL Old Boys Club decided to bring in a pre-season bye to avoid a repetition of BScott's un-sportsman like, and not a good look, decision to rest large numbers of playas before the Final series.
Not sure why you're quoting me?
My post was about VFL/AFL being mad for rule changes since 1969.

I saw the final sadly.

No break

2015 last round< what happened. Freo & North rested players. Why didn't we? We were 5th them 8th

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
2015 last round< what happened. Freo & North rested players. Why didn't we? We were 5th them 8th
Because if we won and the swans lost we had a good chance to be 4th and get the double chance.
Sydney were playing the suns but it was the right thing to have a go at top 4

Reactions: 2 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Because if we won and the swans lost we had a good chance to be 4th and get the double chance.
Sydney were playing the suns but it was the right thing to have a go at top 4
Last round was vs North. Which we won. We seemed to be 5th for the last couple of weeks coming into the finals after 3 or 4 good wins
I think North might have been clear in the 8

Every team has players who could do with a bit of a rest coming into the finals.

Back in those days no week off? Right.

Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Last round was vs North. Which we won. We seemed to be 5th for the last couple of weeks coming into the finals after 3 or 4 good wins

Every team has players who could do with a bit of a rest coming into the finals.

They could not have gone down. Could have gone up with a good win but probably preferred to play us than the Bulldogs. Despite the good year I think we were still considered soft by some.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Yes so if the suns had beaten the swans we may have pinched the double chance but we needed to win

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Not sure why you're quoting me?
My post was about VFL/AFL being mad for rule changes since 1969.

I saw the final sadly.

No break

I was quoting a AFL rule change, or so I thought!