Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
GP8X8xw.png

I'm disappointed. No 'catman'.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
yeah does make a difference, if you are in middle age like me losing 5-10 kegs makes a hell of difference to your energy, fitness, strength etc.

We seem to be strong and wirey type mostly, like Broady. A few nuggety types like Graham, Dion, Dusty of course.
I’m more a post playing Scott Cummings type operator myself....

• Wow

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
If we go all the way again next year, who does everyone won't us to beat? I'd love to beat the Filth, though I can't see them threatening next season. It would great to see us Tear Port Apart, just to see the look on the Koch roaches face.
Not really fussed who we beat next year, but would love to beat collingscum in 2022 to equal their 4-in-a-row then beat them again in 2023 to be the undisputed all time greatest club in the history of the AFL ( and the added bonus being that would be our 16th flag and overtaking their 15 , meaning they have no claim to brag about anything, apart from being the greatest runners up( read losers) in history)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
"Richmond Premiership Star" is a pretty broad term. They really need to narrow it down a bit.
Don't care which Richmond player, only hope it was Eddeeeeee's boy that got snotted. Couldn't possibly come up with a better premiership post script.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I have a touch of sadness that Caddy didn't play in the Premiership side. It would have been great if he was one of the better players against his old side, and even better to see him ragdolling a few of his old teammates.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I have sadness too, Tigerman.
I agree with your point but mine is seeing Knighta in blue with the glum face.
And to a lesser extent Grigga.
Funny that I can almost take Grigga in blue (and he's the Premiership player) but seeing Knightah so unhappy with his old team is strange.
Of course happy we won but Knighta was just about my favourite player at the time.
He was the epitome of Richmond.
Classy, skillful running midfielder with the massive shorts.
I think there was a running joke at the time that his white shorts were so wide you could use them as a screen for a drive in movie.
I guess these days it's just a paycheck for these guys.
Just feels strange whenever I watch the replay and see Knightah looking like that.
It would be great if the boy from Merbein returned home as an Assistant coach at some point.

Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I have sadness too, Tigerman.
I agree with your point but mine is seeing Knighta in blue with the glum face.
And to a lesser extent Grigga.
Funny that I can almost take Grigga in blue (and he's the Premiership player) but seeing Knightah so unhappy with his old team is strange.
Of course happy we won but Knighta was just about my favourite player at the time.
He was the epitome of Richmond.
Classy, skillful running midfielder with the massive shorts.
I think there was a running joke at the time that his white shorts were so wide you could use them as a screen for a drive in movie.
I guess these days it's just a paycheck for these guys.
Just feels strange whenever I watch the replay and see Knightah looking like that.
It would be great if the boy from Merbein returned home as an Assistant coach at some point.
I loved Knights too, his 3 goal performance in the 1995 semi final against the Bongers gave this heartbroken old Tiger a massive buzz. How good was that hit of Scotty Turner's on O'Donnell:)
To put it politely, the Tigers were very frustrating for way too long, Knighta and Richo made us watchable during those dark years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
How ****** good was Dusty, he made Diverfield go down like a 2 dollar hooker.

• Haha

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Finally received the Blu-ray of the GF and watched it with the SEN audio lastnight. If nothing else Gerard Whateley at least fizzes up Dustins final goal.... albeit a tad over the top!
Think it all loses a bit with them commentating off TV and relying on Kane Cornes' on site expertise. :rolleyes:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The guy at Dion's head level, right centre (sic), in the Cats cap with a mask beneath (?) his chin, looking glum and bored, eyes half closed.

Is that Scomo? Did his clueless minders smuggle him in to emerge, 4X can in hand toasting other Moggy fans, pretending to be one of them in another forlorn 'Scomo the winner' photo-opp? :D

• Love

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The guy at Dion's head level, right centre (sic), in the Cats cap with a mask beneath (?) his chin, looking glum and bored, eyes half closed.

Is that Scomo? Did his clueless minders smuggle him in to emerge, 4X can in hand toasting other Moggy fans, pretending to be one of them in another forlorn 'Scomo the winner' photo-opp? :D
The guy whose chin is directly behind Dion's fist is looking nonplussed. The woman directly below his elbow looks like she's been sucking on sour lemons, and the bloke next to her doesn't look too happy, perhaps he has to go home with her.

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Watched it again sunday night.

Its as close as youlle get to perfection on a footy field.

Stalks stanley?, with complete certainty of an intercept. Almost like he has occupied his opponents brain.

He steals, danger grabs him and he just stops dead on the boundry line and danger keeps going.

And slots it from an impossible place.

Im with dimma. It was unfathomable perfection. A gift to us all.

It was better than his 2019 gf perfection. Which is theoretically impossible.

Thereby proving that dusty can do the impossible
Dusty IS what Danger wishes he was.

Reactions: 4 users