Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
For someone who is constantly pointing out the media people have no idea about the game, you sure spend a lot of time worrying about what they say or don't say.
They shiit me. Because they don't see how good we are.
Hawthorn wouldn't have won 3 in a row if we had castagna Bulter and Rioli.
We are and will prove we are the best side in the last 50 years.
When we win another flag by 10 goals.
Sit back and watch.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Nothing against Dusty but it would've been nice to see Short win the NM. To shut them up with the 'No Dusty No Richmond' shiit
Just look at the RFC lineup anyone knows the Tigers are a machine made of gears and cogs and bit parts.

Very few real stars.

Thats what is as annoying AF to everyone else.

How are these no names winning flags?? ......... Broad, Castagna, Lambert, Nankervis, Pickett, Short, Baker, McIntosh, Astbury.

Yet aside from Dusty that group whilst unheralded and underrated are the very reason we are winning flags.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Just look at the RFC lineup anyone knows the Tigers are a machine made of gears and cogs and bit parts.

Very few real stars.

Thats what is as annoying AF to everyone else.

How are these no names winning flags?? ......... Broad, Castagna, Lambert, Nankervis, Pickett, Short, Baker, McIntosh, Astbury.

Yet aside from Dusty that group whilst unheralded and underrated are the very reason we are winning flags.
The fact is we have all these guys you mention but imo it is a myth we don’t have many real stars

Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Lynch, Prestia, Grimes, Edwards, Houli and Vlastuin are all bona fide stars of the game.

Reactions: 10 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I handed mine to Zips so he could have a Griffins duffel
When is Gale approving the Statue of Griffens.
If Griffens didnt retire we would be going into our 41st year without a flag.
Griffens retirement lead to our domination of the competition.

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I believe you may be onto something there Zips.

2017 happened because of Griffens leaving and Elton being a spud forcing the MC's hand and requiring a new game plan.

Acquiring Caddy Dion and Nank also had a major bearing on it, so Lids leaving for the Wizz Fizz also played a huge part.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
When is Gale approving the Statue of Griffens.
If Griffens didnt retire we would be going into our 41st year without a flag.
Griffens retirement lead to our domination of the competition.
We would've had one flag zips, Griffiths was still on the list in 2017.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think he bailed late re Rance after the draft etc and we had to keep him on the list.

Thats why we ended giving Elton a run of games as we were out of options.

Soon became evident that Elton wasn't an option either. ............................... But he did get a go on Love Island, but failed to impact there as well.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I think he bailed late re Rance after the draft etc and we had to keep him on the list.

Thats why we ended giving Elton a run of games as we were out of options.

Soon became evident that Elton wasn't an option either. ............................... But he did get a go on Love Island, but failed to impact there as well.
He kicked 3 goals in the 2017 VLF Grand Final loss to Port Melbourne, I think he retired during the 2018 pre-season.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I believe you may be onto something there Zips.

2017 happened because of Griffens leaving and Elton being a spud forcing the MC's hand and requiring a new game plan.

Acquiring Caddy Dion and Nank also had a major bearing on it, so Lids leaving for the Wizz Fizz also played a huge part.
Graig, Hardwick would've persisted with the Griffens, The Elton's, the McBean's and the Vickery's.
Them leaving or getting delisted, had forced Hardwick to play 5 smalls surrounding Riewoldt.
There bread and butter was to apply pressure.
The West Coast game at the G in 2017 was the turning point for the club and Hardwick's direction.
Im 100% sure if Griffens didnt walk, Hardwick would've persisted playing him.
Like the day he brought Conca and him back for a final after missing weeks leading into the game.
We are today who we are on the back of brilliant kids like Rioli, Castagna, Bolton, Bulter and Edwards.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He was gone by the time we played WC on the G.
I remember because i was celebrated the news of his retirement like it was my 21st all over again

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He was gone by the time we played WC on the G.
I remember because i was celebrated the news of his retirement like it was my 21st all over again
Knocked himself out when he hit the deck after taking a speccy against the Pies in Rd 2. It was the last in a string of concussions and his final AFL game.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Knocked himself out when he hit the deck after taking a speccy against the Pies in Rd 2. It was the last in a string of concussions and his final AFL game.
He would get concussed even if there was no head knock.
He retired from the AFL then went on played in a sport that has huge issues with head trauma.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Graig, Hardwick would've persisted with the Griffens, The Elton's, the McBean's and the Vickery's.
Them leaving or getting delisted, had forced Hardwick to play 5 smalls surrounding Riewoldt.
There bread and butter was to apply pressure.
The West Coast game at the G in 2017 was the turning point for the club and Hardwick's direction.
Im 100% sure if Griffens didnt walk, Hardwick would've persisted playing him.
Like the day he brought Conca and him back for a final after missing weeks leading into the game.
We are today who we are on the back of brilliant kids like Rioli, Castagna, Bolton, Bulter and Edwards.
I clearly remember saying to my mate in the stands that day (WCE / Rioli goal) that “this feels different”. i Can’t remember much else but I guess the game style really contrasted with the crap dished out in 2016. We didn’t coral and we were applying frontal pressure and causing opposition errors.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Watch the game's before, its nothing like the way we played against WC.
It was the game that turned us into the force we are today
I clearly remember saying to my mate in the stands that day (WCE / Rioli goal) that “this feels different”. i Can’t remember much else but I guess the game style really contrasted with the crap dished out in 2016. We didn’t coral and we were applying frontal pressure and causing opposition errors.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Watch the game's before, its nothing like the way we played against WC.
It was the game that turned us into the force we are today
Watching it now. 10 mins in forgot how evasive and strong in the contest Cotch was. DH has already realised Grigg is a better ruck option than Elton. Good game!

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I seem to recall Leppitsch having a fair bit to do with the design of the small forward line once the cupboard was bare with talls