Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I bore witness to the greatest player ever at his best last night.

Keeping a great team on their feet, steadying them.

Then delivering a withering combination.

OK but how did you feel about Dustin's game?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I think a lot of us carried baggage from that 150+ shellacking in 2007, even after beating them in finals. That’s gone now. At least it is for me. We beat them in the most important game for their club in a decade.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Will be interesting to see how they go next season DS. I still respect Geelong, they were the second best side after us and they are a professional outfit. I can't see them collapsing like Adelaide or GWS, but time will tell. I've changed my attitude on Scott this year - he's been good on COVID and I think he really respects us as a side now - took him a while to get to that point, but I always respect a man who learns from his mistakes.

I think he is learning to learn from his mistakes. If he can do that Geelong will benefit. Need to celebrate wins and learn from losses, easy said, hard to do.

Geelong are a well run club but I really don't get their geriatric recruiting strategy. They need to reset that aspect of how they do things. They could fall off a cliff (although how long have we all been predicting that . . . it just ain't happened) but mainly because of the age of their best players. Need to tweak some things, mainly their recruiting. They certainly have the opportunity with those picks for Tim Kelly, although probably the worst year to have so many high picks.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Correct, was very good tonight.
Yep Broady put time into Danger and Ablett amongst others, and allowed Grimes to keep Rohan whipped and in the broom cupboard.

Somehow don't think Rohan would've enjoyed the not so tender mercies of Grimes for most of the night.

Dave relieved Noah to let the colt run and gun whilst Dave put the time into Hawkins.

All without Tigga and under siege in the first half.

Our defence has been the bedrock of our flags. Grimes Astbury, Vlastuin Broad the constants in the structure with Houli Baker and Short the outlets.

Its a machine, and it is what kept us in it last night (along with one D Martin).

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
An extraordinary game of footy.

What are neutrals saying? It was one the great grannys wasnt it?

When danger got vlastuin and ablett got chimpanzee'd,

You didnt know what to do. Where to look. Or what to say.

Take a pull on the sanitiser. Suck it like a little baby.

I havnt watched the replay but i was disturbed less at the scoreboard as the nature of their structure.

I thought we were *smile*.

We need a goal dusty, i prayed.

And dusty answered.

Then something happened

Did dimma say 'become indomitable. Become a force. Overwhelm them'?

It was dimmas most agile coaching performance ever by quite a way.

He was a virtuoso conductor of a magnificent orchestra.

And dusty played the single best game of footy ive ever seen played.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh, its the first time in the last 4 years I thought we were gone before half time. Including the 18 prelim.

Envious of those tigers that got to go, must have been something special to be there. to do it against the cats in those circumstances brought unbridled joy in the living room, to share it at the ground with so many adoring fans would have been ecstasy. And those of you that have seen all 3 live are in rarified air.

I'm so happy for the team, that finally all those naysayers that have blamed luck, the draw, home ground adv, poor opposition etc etc have finally been silenced. This was a win for the ages. I think you saw that in the almost reverence Voss and Hodge interviewed dusty with. This a great team. And they are not done yet.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The poetic moment is Danger laying forlorn over the boundary line as Dusty shrugs his tackle to snag his fourth from the pocket. Beautiful.
Yep its a prescient as his disregard to Stewart in the 2017 Q/F on the wing.

That was where the match turned.

Last night it was when the Tiger King finished it.

• Love

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
An extraordinary game of footy.

What are neutrals saying? It was one the great grannys wasnt it?

When danger got vlastuin and ablett got chimpanzee'd,

You didnt know what to do. Where to look. Or what to say.

Take a pull on the sanitiser. Suck it like a little baby.

I havnt watched the replay but i was disturbed less at the scoreboard as the nature of their structure.

I thought we were *smile*.

We need a goal dusty, i prayed.

And dusty answered.

Then something happened

Did dimma say 'become indomitable. Become a force. Overwhelm them'?

It was dimmas most agile coaching performance ever by quite a way.

He was a virtuoso conductor of a magnificent orchestra.

And dusty played the single best game of footy ive ever seen played.
Great work man

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Geelong are a well run club but I really don't get their geriatric recruiting strategy. They need to reset that aspect of how they do things. They could fall off a cliff (although how long have we all been predicting that . . . it just ain't happened) but mainly because of the age of their best players. Need to tweak some things, mainly their recruiting. They certainly have the opportunity with those picks for Tim Kelly, although probably the worst year to have so many high picks.

DS
Gazza's obviously retired but there's a massive number of players on their list that are, or will be in the 30 and over bracket next year and for the moment there's been no indication of further likely retirements. None of those players will get any better over future months n more than likely will be staring down the precipice of age n niggles. Normally would be a superb situation to be able to have three first round picks to bolster the list this draft but most of the kids have missed a crucial development year n they'll all more than likely take three pre seasons to properly develop. Even if they get Cameron for SFA I can't really see him suddenly improving their " team " situation, ( last years Granny not one of his team mates went to him when he kicked the first goal ).

Doubt that the Moggies have a very strong core of next gen coming through at the moment n I don't think they've bothered to put enough proper game time into many of their kids last two years.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Yeh, its the first time in the last 4 years I thought we were gone before half time. Including the 18 prelim.

Envious of those tigers that got to go, must have been something special to be there. to do it against the cats in those circumstances brought unbridled joy in the living room, to share it at the ground with so many adoring fans would have been ecstasy. And those of you that have seen all 3 live are in rarified air.

I'm so happy for the team, that finally all those naysayers that have blamed luck, the draw, home ground adv, poor opposition etc etc have finally been silenced. This was a win for the ages. I think you saw that in the almost reverence Voss and Hodge interviewed dusty with. This a great team. And they are not done yet.
It won’t stop the knockers, but they’ve got less and less to point at. This is one of the absolute champion teams. I’m so proud of them.

• Love

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
When we were 21 down late in the second I was worried. Felt if we went into the half time break with that deficit we'd be in trouble.

When Martin slotted one late to bring us within 15pts I knew we had a game on our hands. It's was as much about the score as it was the look in Dusty's eyes. He'd decided he wanted to win this match.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Watching my third replay. Gee we lifted, we won the game, not Geelong lost it.

Shorty had an awesome game.

Reactions: 5 users