Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Here it is PREnders.
4.11 it starts if you can’t wait that long.

Bloody enjoy it.

Probably no surprise to anyone here but I'm no fan of Whateley. However I had a quick listen to the Dusty goals and that was spine tingling stuff; clearly superior to the pathetic Channel 7 commentary.

That said my view of Whateley is more around his editorialising on AFL360 and SEN; I don't listen to footy on the radio much so have heard very little of him as a play by play commentator. I look forward to listening to all of it later.

Reactions: 2 users

TygerTyger

oh yeah!
Oct 17, 2006
Richmond
Watching it on tv is agonising - commentary was awful (someone should let them know the rule about taking the ball out of the ruck changed a few years ago).... and tell the producers that when V was knocked out, don't focus the cameras on Jnr's shoulder ... .... but anyway, doesn't matter we did it!!!!!

Tigers!!!

Reactions: 5 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009

"Richmond players made extraordinary gesture in Gary Ablett farewell tribute."
The boys all tucked their premiership medals under their jumpers during the guard of honour as a mark of respect to Gary Ablett. Dammit when I think I cannot love this club anymore, they take it to another level. :clap2 :clap2 :clap2

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

The boys all tucked their premiership medals under their jumpers during the guard of honour as a mark of respect to Gary Ablett. Dammit when I think I cannot love this club anymore, they take it to another level. :clap2 :clap2 :clap2
Just wish some of these haters can see this and recognise these little things we do.

• Angry
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Well said Birdman.
Had heard it this morning but wasn’t sure how accurate it was , as no one had posted it and I don’t think media had been all over this as yet.
The ‘tucking their medals’ in their jumpers , what can you say.

You just can’t copy or manufacturer genuine character , which our clubs seems to have ‘plenty’ of.

The fact also that we didn’t set out to physically target Ablett ( as we had every right too ) shows even more. In fact quite a few times I noticed the player who went to tackle Ablett didn’t ‘really tackle him ‘ but were careful..

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Craig Jennings is another David King. Great at telling you after the event how and why it was won.

All year he has raved about Scott being the best match day coach in the AFL, he raved about the cats being the best side and he tipped Geelong. He tipped Port to beat us as well.
Grade A nimrod if ever there was one. Couldn't stand his 'themed' analysis on Whateley's show. Plus - would say it every week that Scott was the greatest game day coach - despite all the evidence to the contrary. Salty must have interesting photos of this bloke in an album somewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbee Dayvis

Tiger Cub
Oct 25, 2020
Cats supporter here in peace.

Firstly, congratulations on the win which was well deserved. As well, the gesture by the players towards Gary Ablett, right in the throes of their celebrations, was a touching one.

You got the big ones right on the day. Well done.

Reactions: 22 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Well said Birdman.
Had heard it this morning but wasn’t sure how accurate it was , as no one had posted it and I don’t think media had been all over this as yet.
The ‘tucking their medals’ in their jumpers , what can you say.

You just can’t copy or manufacturer genuine character , which our clubs seems to have ‘plenty’ of.

The fact also that we didn’t set out to physically target Ablett ( as we had every right too ) shows even more. In fact quite a few times I noticed the player who went to tackle Ablett didn’t ‘really tackle him ‘ but were careful..

That's amazing about the medals. I noticed too regarding Ablett - Broad was really careful not to bump or tackle him hard at times. We set the standard, regardless of what others think of us.

Reactions: 9 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Grade A nimrod if ever there was one. Couldn't stand his 'themed' analysis on Whateley's show. Plus - would say it every week that Scott was the greatest game day coach - despite all the evidence to the contrary. Salty must have interesting photos of this bloke in an album somewhere.
Jennings had Dusty sorted. Tag him! Tactical genius!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
He was great this morning on SEN too. Called him automatic legend once the time passes post retirement.
I gotta give it to him. Whateley without a doubt captured the moment, knew its gravity, and thus went to town. The other calls of that goal at least were inferior. Tony Leonard I like but fumbled it a tad. The MMM goon squad just hopeless. Dump Bruce and get Gerard on 7. You won't always love him, but he gets a lot right.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
That's amazing about the medals. I noticed too regarding Ablett - Broad was really careful not to bump or tackle him hard at times. We set the standard, regardless of what others think of us.
Ant we are ‘head & shoulders ‘ above ALL other clubs.
IN EVERYTHING

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
alot of talk about rain favouring us but reckon the cats played their best when the track was heavy early on. When it dried up our run around the ground really troubled the slow cats.

It dried out very quickly considering it looked like a Lake 2 hours before the start of the game

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Just watched it again, @taztiger4 is that you on the fan camera whatever thingy they show after each goal?

Reactions: 1 user