Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I know it has been mentioned here on PRE but losing a rotation for an entire game has got much attention. Teams use that as excuse for losing games at times.
Think you left a "not" out there somewhere.
But very true, not to mention Houli and Broad. But I suppose they had Ablett pretty much in the same boat.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
That's amazing about the medals. I noticed too regarding Ablett - Broad was really careful not to bump or tackle him hard at times. We set the standard, regardless of what others think of us.
I noticed that we took care with Ablett too. Look at Houli or Grimes just do a careful hold on him and not target the shoulder, really proud of them, all of them. I was angry at Scott for not taking him off he was wounded and not a good look - though in hindsight perhaps they’d already lost and left him play it out.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I know it has been mentioned here on PRE but losing a rotation for an entire game hasn't got much attention. Teams use that as excuse for losing games at times.
Houli played injured.
I rate this premeirship win the best of the three.
We did this one the hard way, everyone was against us.
Trailed at half time.
2 injuries.
And to cap it off, we never took Ablett out. Could have easily smashed his shoulder and forced him off for the rest of the game. Plus the guard of homour for him. Never ever see that in a grand final .

Full credit to RFC, complet class despite that crap that was being thrown at us.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I believe GWS said to him that his heart is with the Tigers and go back there. What are you doing here?
Words to that effect.
Alternatively, The Giants probably said we don't want another player on the list who's heart isn't in it, we have too many already.

• Haha

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

"Richmond players made extraordinary gesture in Gary Ablett farewell tribute."
The boys all tucked their premiership medals under their jumpers during the guard of honour as a mark of respect to Gary Ablett. Dammit when I think I cannot love this club anymore, they take it to another level. :clap2 :clap2 :clap2
Think our players are out of step with a lot of our fans.....plenty wanted him "finished off" in match, not that I advocated going soft on him. Great tribute tgers

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Think our players are out of step with a lot of our fans.....plenty wanted him "finished off" in match, not that I advocated going soft on him. Great tribute tgers

Tend to agree but it comes down to how it ended. We won, happy that we didn't go the man. Had we lost we'd all be lamenting our good boys approach and angry that we didn't give Ablett's shoulder an onfield fitness test at every opportunity

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
My first instinct was we should test him at every opportunity, especially after Vlas was out of the game. I'm glad we took the classy road out. Not sure how I would feel if we lost and Ablett set up four goals though

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I wanted Dangerfield to leave the field on a stretcher, or at least Ablett's shoulder properly dislocated in retribution. The fact we attempted neither, checked on Simpson when he was KO'd, and gave a minute to recognise Ablett's career should put an end to the "arrogant", "undisciplined", "dirty" talk among press and public.

Such a shock seeing Vlastuin immobile with his face planted awkwardly in the turf. He was obviously out for the game, but it still took several seconds to process it.

What other club could tell its two most senior players to take extended time off at a precarious stage of the season and still win the flag? We are champions in more ways than one.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Most Richmond grand finals without a defeat

4 - Michael Green
3 - David Astbury, Nathan Broad, Jason Castagna, Trent Cotchin, Shane Edwards, Dylan Grimes, Bachar Houli, Kane Lambert, Dustin Martin, Toby Nankervis, Dion Prestia, Jack Riewoldt, Daniel Rioli, Nick Vlastuin
2 - Liam Baker, Bill Barrot, Shai Bolton, Billy Brown, Graham Burgin, Josh Caddy, Bobby Carew, Roger Dean, Brandon Ellis, Jack Graham, Tom Lynch, Robert McGhie, Kamdyn McIntosh, Dan Minogue, John Northey, Marlion Pickett, John Ronaldson, Jayden Short, Geoff Strang, Ernie Taylor, Bob Weatherill

Other clubs

4 - George Clayden (Co), Clyde Laidlaw (Me), John Lord (Me)
3 - Syd Anderson (Me), Marcus Ashcroft (Br), Ron Baggott (Me), Fred Baring (Es), Percy Beames (Me), Les Beck (Ca), Jim Buckley (Ca), Horrie Edmonds (Co/Ri), Richie Emselle (Me), Mike Fitzpatrick (Ca), Shaun Hart (Br), Brad Hill (Ha), Darren Jarman (Ha/Ad), Tassie Johnson (Me), Allan La Fontaine (Me), Brian Lake (Ha), Albert Lauder (Co), Hassa Mann (Me), Alex Marcou (Ca), Peter McConville (Ca), James Morrissey (Ha), Jack O'Keefe (Me), Ken Sheldon (Ca), Keith Stackpole (Co), Ray Wartman (Me), David Wojcinski (Ge)

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Is there any place we can download the grand final?
Dunno but my overseas membership allows me to replay whenever I want. I have only watched replays three times so far and it just gets better every time. I will be waiting for the DVD's to come out and then add it to my collection

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
We were unable to show the flag to the fans at the first game of the 2020 season and now we have another flag to unfurl so will we show both flags to the fans hopefully at the start of the 2021 season? That will be unique

Reactions: 5 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
We were unable to show the flag to the fans at the first game of the 2020 season and now we have another flag to unfurl so will we show both flags to the fans hopefully at the start of the 2021 season? That will be unique

That will be AWESOME
The G will packed for the double unfurling, which no doubt RFC will do in a very classy manner.

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Do we play Geelong second round?
Nice time to unfurling the 2020 then.

Reactions: 2 users