Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Posted earlier my son had tickets to GF but being in WA could not go so they went to his cuz Jenny & partner in Brisbane. Real story is son offered tickets to his daughter in Brisbane but she knocked them back due to her nursing roster.. Then contacted cuz Jen who took up the offer of buying the tickets without blinking an eye lid. Cost of tickets $400.00 each. Thats what makes the Tigers great as fans from years ago have never wavered in their belief Tigers would come good one day.

Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Just watched it again.

Really enjoyed it.

Can recommend.
I’m watching the second half on Foxtel now..for the second time since finishing work this afternoon
It seems like every time I turn the tv on, it’s being replayed. I’ve probably rewatched it about 15 times now. I recorded the replay but haven’t actually watched what I’ve recorded yet :rotfl2

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I would really like to see the Australian Education board to ditch the Australian anthem at schools and replace it with Richmond ‘yellow and black’.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
sorry if its already been discussed, but at the ground Ablett seemed very disrespectful to us by making us wat for an eternity n the guard of honour. Us and the Cats were waitng for ages while Gary jnr casually chatted to his family on the opposite side of the ground, fnally when he decised to move he barely ambled, strolled slowly across the ground.

It seemed so bad, rude and disrespectful at the ground I thought there had to be a reasonable explanation, was he waiting for a signal that the ads had finished on FTA TV?

The whole do it for gaz narrative pissed me off, so many neutrals in QLD fell for it. he was a sellout, twice! Picked and chose when to put in at the GC, and he played in 2 flags anyway. rant over

Reactions: 6 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Just sat down and watched the 2nd half with a red.
Thought I would take a sip every time "danger" went to ground in a contest. Needless to say the 2nd bottle is open.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Thought I would take a sip every time "danger" went to ground in a contest. Needless to say the 2nd bottle is open.

Just as well you didn't have a sip for his every possession in the second half, you'd finish up with a very stale bottle of red. :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
You would have had to have had that intravenously to keep up wouldn’t you?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I would really like to see the Australian Education board to ditch the Australian anthem at schools and replace it with Richmond ‘yellow and black’.
We're from Australia
You bloody bewdy
We're from Australia
In any weather
You will see us
With a grin
Even in Melbourne
Goon is wine
The water's fine
So scull and
Jump right in
Oh we're from Australia
We love our sheep and
Dale dug another hole
Like the diggers of old
We like our beer cold
Oh we're from Aussie -
CANARY YELLOW?! THAT'S AUSTRALIAN GOLD, MY FRIEND! AND DON’T YOU F#@%ING FORGET IT!
We're from Australia!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
We're from Australia
You bloody bewdy
We're from Australia
In any weather
You will see us
With a grin
Even in Melbourne
Goon is wine
The water's fine
So scull and
Jump right in
Oh we're from Australia
We love our sheep and
Dale dug another hole
Like the diggers of old
We like our beer cold
Oh we're from Aussie -
CANARY YELLOW?! THAT'S AUSTRALIAN GOLD, MY FRIEND! AND DON’T YOU F#@%ING FORGET IT!
We're from Australia!
I reckon the only changes from the orig are 'oh we're from Aussie-land...' and 'red white and blue' for yellow and black. But yes, 100% better than bloody advance Australia dreary old fair

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Dusty last goal, unbelievable. Watched it many times.

One thing I hadnt noticed till a still shot was shown from the boundary was what Dusty did to break Dangers tackle.

The presence of mind to hold ball in one arm in a split sec & also in that split sec use his left hand to grab Danger's left arm(wrist area) to lift off Danger's arm hold off him and it helps break the tackle. Gives Dusty the ability to turn for goal, Danger only holding on with left hand, no impact & Dusty goals.
Just unbelievable talent & quick thinking. Didnt spot that under normal motion.

Just pay attention to Dusty left arm movement. Bloody awesome.

Reactions: 10 users

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
Geelong missed some easy goals in the second qtr that could have made it a very different game, Myers is a player who i cannot stand and he tried to be the hero on multiple occasions that cost them, he played selfish football, and that is the difference between Richmond and other teams.
However Bolton and Lynch sprayed the goals in the second half that were some easy passes inside 50 , it could have easily been a bigger margin in the end.
beating Port then Geelong would have to be the most satisfying finals wins i have seen.

Reactions: 10 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I reckon the only changes from the orig are 'oh we're from Aussie-land...' and 'red white and blue' for yellow and black. But yes, 100% better than bloody advance Australia dreary old fair
Red, white and blue are the colours on the flag but green and gold are the colours of Australia. Unless you were commenting on Americanisation?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Red, white and blue are the colours on the flag but green and gold are the colours of Australia. Unless you were commenting on Americanisation?
Well the union jack on the flag is crap, but the colours are red white and blue, same as heaps of countries. but green and gold just sounds terrible when you sing it.