Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Geelong missed some easy goals in the second qtr that could have made it a very different game, Myers is a player who i cannot stand and he tried to be the hero on multiple occasions that cost them, he played selfish football, and that is the difference between Richmond and other teams.
However Bolton and Lynch sprayed the goals in the second half that were some easy passes inside 50 , it could have easily been a bigger margin in the end.
beating Port then Geelong would have to be the most satisfying finals wins i have seen.
Don't forget Edwards also missed an even closer run-in goal from almost directly in front in Q3 (I think) that cancelled out at least Miars easy miss in Q2.
I was livid at Sheds for kicking along the ground instead of high between the posts. Could have been costly.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Dusty last goal, unbelievable. Watched it many times.

One thing I hadnt noticed till a still shot was shown from the boundary was what Dusty did to break Dangers tackle.

The presence of mind to hold ball in one arm in a split sec & also in that split sec use his left hand to grab Danger's left arm(wrist area) to lift off Danger's arm hold off him and it helps break the tackle. Gives Dusty the ability to turn for goal, Danger only holding on with left hand, no impact & Dusty goals.
Just unbelievable talent & quick thinking. Didnt spot that under normal motion.

Just pay attention to Dusty left arm movement. Bloody awesome.
It was just a phenomenal effort. Freakish.

Reactions: 3 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Red, white and blue are the colours on the flag but green and gold are the colours of Australia. Unless you were commenting on Americanisation?
If we're changing the anthem, the flag can be changed too. Yellow and black.

Add a sherrin to the design and you have the indigenous colours.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
sorry if its already been discussed, but at the ground Ablett seemed very disrespectful to us by making us wat for an eternity n the guard of honour. Us and the Cats were waitng for ages while Gary jnr casually chatted to his family on the opposite side of the ground, fnally when he decised to move he barely ambled, strolled slowly across the ground.

It seemed so bad, rude and disrespectful at the ground I thought there had to be a reasonable explanation, was he waiting for a signal that the ads had finished on FTA TV?

The whole do it for gaz narrative pissed me off, so many neutrals in QLD fell for it. he was a sellout, twice! Picked and chose when to put in at the GC, and he played in 2 flags anyway. rant over
Snake, who do you reckon had the most supporters? There looked to be more Tiger fans there.

Last edited:

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I have watched the play up to where Menangola had his set shot in the 4th many times and am convinced Simpson had his arm around Shorty's neck before Menangola fell on Simpson so it should have free a free to us not a goal

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
I know he's not everybody's cup of tea but here is a link to Rex Hunt's show on the night of our great Grand Final win.

Had to laugh at the GeeLOL supporter who called in and said Tom Stewart deserved the Norm Smith ahead of Dusty!!!!!! :rotfl1

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I was livid at Sheds for kicking along the ground instead of high between the posts. Could have been costly.

I was unimpressed as well. Even if he had kicked straight, I think that Cat defender would have got to it. Why can't they just kick it through at half post height?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I don’t know about anyone else but despite the fact that the whole footy world seems to have moved on from our premiership to trade period I haven’t. Watched the game yesterday and basked in the glory all over again.
Things I noticed this time were how good Pickett was, his tackling was awesome. The fact that we are so good at the little knock ons and deft touches that don't show on the stats sheet. The selfless way Lynch and Riewoldt play constantly drawing a crowd of spoilers with no real chance of taking the mark. How good Short and Baker both were cleaning up at the back and how dual sided they both are. The amount of work Pickett and McIntosh did at both ends of the ground and how well Castagna played that role when Macca went back in the 2nd half. The way Nank and Balta when he went into the ruck follow up after the ruck contest and compete.
It's the small things that make us a great team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I love how when under pressure we're often just kicking the ball off the ground like a game of soccer just to gain territory & back ourselfves to win the next contest. Along with our contested knock ons this is a clear directive in our gameplay.

A: Not taking possession moves the ball forward super fast.
B: Can't be caught holding the ball.
C: Scrappy kick at ground level suits our 'chaos' play.

Shedda is probably the best exponent of it but it happens waay too often from all members of the team to be mere conincidence.

Reactions: 5 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I love how when under pressure we're often just kicking the ball off the ground like a game of soccer just to gain territory & back ourselfves to win the next contest. Along with our contested knock ons this is a clear directive in our gameplay.

Shedda is probably the best exponent of it but it happens waay too often from all members of the team to be mere conincidence.
There was an assistant coach from another club on SEN last week, not sure who it was. He summarised it as "territory beats possession".

Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

More pronounced in the wet, and why we're good in the wet, and the PF and GF were wet! :)