Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
We haven't played a football season, we have had 104 days on the road. I call it it a "2020 Tiger Tour of Duty ". If it was a military operation it would be a 3 -month deployment. Hopefully come Saturday all of the Tigers in our 22 will be just as medal worthy. :gotiges

Reactions: 1 user

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
Richmond will receive approx 8,000 tickets for members. I've already received an email saying that I'm in the Priority 1 group, but I doubt there'd be many of the likes of me in Queensland. Perhaps most of the 8,000 tickets will go to members from the other non-Victorian states.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
anyone get the email with a priority 1 barcode and cant make it?

PM me. early round 1 compensation

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
Two new COVID cases in Melbourne yesterday, one today.

Too late to move the game back to the G?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I kept this from March 2010. Gale set out his plan to double our membership to 75,000 by 2014 and 3 cups by 2020. In a moving presentation to 150 of the club's inner sanctum of players, coaches, board and staff, Gale challenged those present to reflect on how they would feel if the club was without a premiership for another 30 years. He said "l've had a gutfull of representing an era of failure. By 2020 we aspire to have won our 13th premiership; consistently provide the most exciting and powerful match-day experience in the competition;...and enjoy the strongest emotional connection with our members and fans."
So fortunate to have Gale as our CEO.
Let's finish the job and fulfill the plan!

Attachments

• 20201017_133505_copy_1227x1254.jpg
    20201017_133505_copy_1227x1254.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 35
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I want Brisbane as well , I think the fact they beat us a few weeks ago adds extra motivation to our players , no one has beaten us twice in a season for a long time

We don't lose twice to the same side. Lynch will kick 5 to bend them over.
Geelong have more weapons

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Anyone here ‘give an eye tooth’ for another premiership? Well I have made the ultimate sacrifice. One of mine broke in half at half time last night (fairly painless actually) and I asked myself ‘would you trade this tooth for premiership glory?’ The resounding answer from my highest self was ‘*smile* YEH!’. Getting it pulled on Monday.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone here ‘give an eye tooth’ for another premiership? Well I have made the ultimate sacrifice. One of mine broke in half at half time last night (fairly painless actually) and I asked myself ‘would you trade this tooth for premiership glory?’ The resounding answer from my highest self was ‘*smile* YEH!’. Getting it pulled on Monday.
Give my left nut for the 2020 and then my right one for 2021 premiership.

• Haha

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Reckon Geelong will beat Brisbane tonight (maybe even convincingly) but the Cats should hold no fears for the Tigers.
Dangerfield may play in his first ever GF but he won't ever be a premiership player.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Same here seven, although I've got to ask permission from my wife if she can lend them both back to me!!!!!!!!!
Ha! I don’t use mine any more. Happy to lose both for the club.
Just hope they name runner up of the B&F after me and make the trophy resemble my ball sack.
Imagine that sitting on your mantle piece.

• Wow

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Reckon Geelong will beat Brisbane tonight (maybe even convincingly) but the Cats should hold no fears for the Tigers.
Dangerfield may play in his first ever GF but he won't ever be a premiership player.
Nah, I'm the other way, Geelong had their easy kill last week, when the heat is on tonight they will crumble, they will be the handbaggers of old. I think Brisbane are a much better team to last year, they will give them a touch up. Hope I'm wrong because I reckon the premiership is ours for the taking if Geelong make it.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Nah, I'm the other way, Geelong had their easy kill last week, when the heat is on tonight they will crumble, they will be the handbaggers of old. I think Brisbane are a much better team to last year, they will give them a touch up. Hope I'm wrong because I reckon the premiership is ours for the taking if Geelong make it.

Fair point.
In the end, I'm not fussed who the Tigers play.
2020 will herald Richmond as B2B premiers for the first time since 1973-1974.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I kept this from March 2010. Gale set out his plan to double our membership to 75,000 by 2014 and 3 cups by 2020. In a moving presentation to 150 of the club's inner sanctum of players, coaches, board and staff, Gale challenged those present to reflect on how they would feel if the club was without a premiership for another 30 years. He said "l've had a gutfull of representing an era of failure. By 2020 we aspire to have won our 13th premiership; consistently provide the most exciting and powerful match-day experience in the competition;...and enjoy the strongest emotional connection with our members and fans."
So fortunate to have Gale as our CEO.
Let's finish the job and fulfill the plan!

They going to reprint that if we win next week?

I'd offer an eye tooth if I had one.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
The 3-0-75 actually started as a five year plan for 3 finals, zero debt, and 75k members. Somehow the media have morphed it into 3 Premierships.

It’s just another attempt to have something to say we failed at, when in actual fact, we did it so easily, that it became irrelevant.

Now we’re going to smash the 3 Premierships in 10 years as well. God they must hate us.