Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The 3-0-75 actually started as a five year plan for 3 finals, zero debt, and 75k members. Somehow the media have morphed it into 3 Premierships.

It’s just another attempt to have something to say we failed at, when in actual fact, we did it so easily, that it became irrelevant.

Now we’re going to smash the 3 Premierships in 10 years as well. God they must hate us.

3 premierships by 2020 was in the plan, but it wasn't one of the 3 headline goals.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
3 premierships by 2020 was in the plan, but it wasn't one of the 3 headline goals.

yeah I think it was 3 final appearances which in the updated plan became 3 premierships.
It was an outrageous ambition when you think about it.

If you said today we will win 3 flags by 2030 I reckon it would be a bold call.

it was outrageous when first released so we have in affect smashed it - and the good thing is we haven’t finished given the age of our squad

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
yeah I think it was 3 final appearances which in the updated plan became 3 premierships.

it was outrageous when first released so we have in affect smashed it - and the good thing is we haven’t finished given the age of our squad
Here is the PRE thread on the plan. You can see 3 Premierships by 2020 is already mentioned back then, but it's seperate to 3 finals by 2014, one of which needs to be top 4

I had a copy of the plan but I can't find it now.

Reactions: 1 user

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
You were so right and I was so wrong Bullarto, Brisbane played their grand final against us. Brisbane didn't give a yelp all night, none of that pressure or physical stuff at all, pathetic. Happy to be playing Geelong.

Reactions: 1 user

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
We've got an extra day off, however they've had 2 pretty low intensity games in a row. I think we'll maul them.

Reactions: 2 users

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
The 3-0-75 actually started as a five year plan for 3 finals, zero debt, and 75k members. Somehow the media have morphed it into 3 Premierships.

It’s just another attempt to have something to say we failed at, when in actual fact, we did it so easily, that it became irrelevant.

Now we’re going to smash the 3 Premierships in 10 years as well. God they must hate us.
Great planning.