Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Changes since the last game against them.
Us: Out Aarts/Soldo/Markov/Ross
Ins: Broad/Astbury/Edwards/Prestia
Them: Out
Atkins/Jarvis/Ratugolea/Fogarty/Close
Ins: Stanley/Simpson/Selwood/Ablett/Rohan

Reactions: 1 user

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
Yeah think I prefer our ins to theirs. Apart from Soldo, we've both just lost fringe players, both running at pretty much full strength

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Well, we're playing the Cats in the granny, quite frankly I think that's fantastic. What a fantastic effort by both clubs. Just think about it, both have been away from their homes for the vast part of the season, a lot them have been separated from their families for a long time.
Living in a "hub" must be a bit strange for a lot of them, but they've overcome it to reach the GF.
Both Port & Brisbane have bad a massive advantage & didn't take advantage of it.

It will be a fantastic GF & hopefully we'll prevail, either way I'm bl00dy proud of the mighty Tigers

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The impression I remember was the no debt, 3 finals and 75k members as the bottom line and the 3 flags was the aspirational goal.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure what the better prep is. A decent game and then a hard fought nail biter as prep for a Grand Final, or two casual strolls through a field of witches hats.

They are bound to be fresher, but we're probably more mentally prepared to hit hard early.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Not sure what the better prep is. A decent game and then a hard fought nail biter as prep for a Grand Final, or two casual strolls through a field of witches hats.

They are bound to be fresher, but we're probably more mentally prepared to hit hard early.

We do have the extra day, but also have to travel.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Already getting salty -crap messages from my Geelong loving, Richmonds hating cousin .. and my step sis .. we gotta win this one !!!
Oh BTW anyone know any internet streams to get the GF on ? please inbox me thanks lots guys

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
For us Vics, no ticket stress this year.
Replaced by how many Tiger mates can I watch it with. Was solo until 4 weeks ago. 1 for finals.
11.00? This morning Premier lets us know.

Reactions: 3 users

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
I thought this was our best result but it's always hard not to see winners as playing better than they did.

I feel like we have the edge in key areas, particularly speed and hardness and I think they will find scoring against us a real challenge.

As much as it isn't a popular opinion on this forum I feel like our two biggest hurdles to overcome are that they have a very good coach and a very good player who can produce a game that carries them a long way. If we neutralise those two factors then it is our flag.
Dangerfield will he finally play a good game against us, and not pillow.
Abblett will he kick straight when given the chance?
Hawkins gets to play us when it matters.
Our system is better, their top end is brilliant but we have pressured them out of the game.
Our player spread is better, and we should be able to cast doubt into their minds.
Emma Murray vs Leading Teams?

Reactions: 1 users

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Does anyone know if what bays Richmond Club support got, I am In SA and will try get a ticket but want to sit with tigers, dont want to be 1 out with those ferels
but then again how many interstate Cats fans would there, be, actually QLD and SA will fill the clubs allocation very easy, might be loudest tiger crowd this year

Reactions: 3 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Very handy in for them as well.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Does anyone know if what bays Richmond Club support got, I am In SA and will try get a ticket but want to sit with tigers, dont want to be 1 out with those ferels
but then again how many interstate Cats fans would there, be, actually QLD and SA will fill the clubs allocation very easy, might be loudest tiger crowd this year

If you are using your membership to buy a ticket, I would think you would be automatically put in a Richmond section.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Outstanding achievement by the entire Richmond football club in making the Grand final.

Going to be such a bizarre week , especially for us in Victoria.

Personaly I have to focus on the excitement of been in another GF, not the fear of losing to Geelong, that scares the *smile* out of me

Going to be a loooooong week

Edit : sorry Mr T , just found the other thread , thought a GF week hadn’t been started yet

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users