Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Geelong have just released this photo of a very emotional Cam Guthrie last night 20201018_114122.jpg*Chris Scott just told him its your job to stop Dusty :rotfl1 :rotfl1 :rotfl1 :rotfl1

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Basically, every member that has a residential address on file thats outside Vic (or any other hotspot requiring ISO) was sent an email re GF tix.....every member in Vic was also sent an email saying that they cant go (but if you can prove that you have been in an area not requiring ISO into QLD, then ring the club asap). ....I recieved both emails cos my sons file address is interstate (not Vic or NSW), and mine is in Vic...

Therefore, the amount of eligible members would be approx 15k i reckon........not sure what percentage of those would have guaranteed access.
Yeah I’m priority 1 with my son as MRC members and reside on the Gold Coast.
I was at the MCG 2017, & 2019 grand finals and will be back on Saturday.
so blessed to have this opportunity in our greatest era.

Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Going to be a strange week.

I've loved taking the kids to the parade and the footy festival in both 2017 and 2019 which is a great build up and really builds that excitement up. Even just being in the grounds of the G with so many other footy fans would just bring up how big this week is and the importance of the game. Without that, it will feel a lot more like any old game but we obviously know there is more at stake but there will be very little build up to the GF this year. Will definitely feel different.
Yeah I’m really gonna miss that this year.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
So it’s official. We can’t have even a couple of mates over to watch the GF.

*smile* off Andrews!!!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Cmon Balooga. You’ve always been one of the bastions of the bright side. Don’t leave now!

Oh, we'll win. *smile* it in actually. But there's still an uneasiness about this match. I think someone else summed it up nicely. We know what it means and how it feels. It's the fear of losing that feeling I guess.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Oh, we'll win. *smile* it in actually. But there's still an uneasiness about this match. I think someone else summed it up nicely. We know what it means and how it feels. It's the fear of losing that feeling I guess.
Yes that’s more like it!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Geelong barracking brother in law reckons they will drop Kolodjashnij and bring in ratugolea - to stretch our backline.

I thought the same.

Because scott is too clever by half.

I fear ratagolea as much as i miss Mabior.

Anyone experiencing doubt. Repeat this mantra 10 times.

Champion Chaos beats Control

Feel free to subsitute 'beats' for a victorious superlative

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
So it’s official. We can’t have even a couple of mates over to watch the GF.

*smile* off Andrews!!!
Mate, you'd reckon there's a significant likelihood GF parties could set us all the way back to July/August. If he said we could have mates over it would be a free-for-all. We can't risk it. Just unlucky timing. Plenty of people will flout it, I reckon. Let's see if we get a post-GF spike.

Reactions: 4 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
If we win on Saturday And our team is unchanged

3 flags
Broad Astbury Houli
Vlastuin grimes Edwards
Nankervis Cotchin Prestia
Martin Castagna rioli
Riewoldt lambert

2 flags
Graham mcintosh Lynch Bolton pickett Short Baker Caddy Ellis*

1 flag
Balta Soldo rance* Grigga * Townsend* Butler*

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I thought the same.

Because scott is too clever by half.

I fear ratagolea as much as i miss Mabior.

Anyone experiencing doubt. Repeat this mantra 10 times.

Champion Chaos beats Control

Feel free to subsitute 'beats' for a victorious superlative

It wouldn’t surprise if Scott made some dumb surprise decision but hard to change a team who have smashed their last two finals

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Romance hasnt won a GF yet,

But if you wanna go h2h on romance,

Then 'little mercenary master who sold out 2 clubs plays in a flag in his last game'

Is clearly subordinate to

' loyal dusty claims 3rd norm smith to be tge unequivocal, evidenced-based, greatest player. Ever.'

So

Reactions: 6 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Can those of you who know more about footy then me explain why the Lions seemed so much poorer against the Cats than when they played us?

Were the Lions made to look bad because the Cats players and coaching were far better? Or did half the Lions just not turn up?

Did the Cats do something against the Lions that we weren't capable of? (Clearly Hawkins can't be allowed to dominate forward stoppages as easily as he did last night.)

And how does your analysis of the above translate into the way you see the GF unfolding?
Both GF teams reversed the qualifying final results

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Mate, you'd reckon there's a significant likelihood GF parties could set us all the way back to July/August. If he said we could have mates over it would be a free-for-all. We can't risk it. Just unlucky timing. Plenty of people will flout it, I reckon. Let's see if we get a post-GF spike.
Dunno Spook. Numbers are pretty good. One week later we will be able to have 2 people visit our homes. What difference does a week make? Just bring it forward a week; makes little sense. I get that there are *smile* aresholes out there who will flout it. But they will also be flouting it from November 1 so again what’s the difference?

Reactions: 1 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Like the spike that came about from the BLM protests?

Our numbers are as low as they were in May yet we have masks and many more restrictions than then. Importantly though we no longer have international flights, hotel quarantine fuckfests, or paper and pen contact tracing.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dunno Spook. Numbers are pretty good. One week later we will be able to have 2 people visit our homes. What difference does a week make? Just bring it forward a week; makes little sense. I get that there are *smile* aresholes out there who will flout it. But they will also be flouting it from November 1 so again what’s the difference?
Another week would make it two weeks of near-zero numbers? And two weeks is the transmission period? I dunno, but it must have been tempting for Dan to say get on the beers and enjoy a sugar-hit surge in popularity. That he didn't tells me something.

Like the spike that came about from the BLM protests?

Our numbers are as low as they were in May yet we have masks and many more restrictions than then. Importantly though we no longer have international flights, hotel quarantine fuckfests, or paper and pen contact tracing.
BLM was outdoors, socially-distanced, with masks. GF parties would be at least partly indoors, with people yelling, screaming, drinking, high-fiving, hugging, etc. Yes, international flights and hotel quarantine fuckfests were responsible for the spread, but so were dinner parties and large family gatherings.

I'm not happy about it. My brother will have his kids so I'll probably have to watch it alone. But we are so close. I'll pay that price if it means not increasing by even a fraction of a percent the chance my 80-year-old Dad will get covid.

Reactions: 7 users