Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
If I want to listen to music I'll go to a concert.

I go to the football to . . . let's see, why do I go to the footy . . . oh, to watch football funnily enough :rolleyes:

DS
Most of us do, but there’s this small, but vocal minority who think it’s all about the ‘entertainment’, not realising that for the majority the game IS the entertainment.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Glad I had the audio mute for the entire match and didn't realise they were doing that *smile* till I saw the replay.
Heard the bloke from 7 on during the week apparently it was to support Aussie musicians. .. Tony Cochrane initiative I think?
that's interesting 74, because Pat Benatar and Van Halen aren't Aussie Musos ..

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Similar *smile* at Metricon. Bad enough all the crap pre game and during breaks at all grounds these days. Pricks just keep on pumping up artificial hype n crap coz some flog in a suit has decided it's non stop entertaining. Bloody *smile* ants completely fail to understand that the footy is the entertainment, the rest of it is nothing more than annoying n distracting garbage.
Septics do it so it must be good, but that's only 'coz most of their sport is boring as bat *smile*.
I posted similar rant in my AFL membership feedback A couple of years back. Falls on ears deafened from all the *smile* that comes out of the PA.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I haven't been on PRE much since GF day. I'll go through this thread in more detail at some point.

Just a couple of things I wanna say about the GF:
- when we were 22 points down, I thought we were gone. But after watching the replay a few times, I don't think we were out of the game as much as i thought.
- Dusty’s 4th goal. Yes the game was over and yes the Geelong players were probably not at 100% effort at that point, but that doesn’t diminish the goal much. Think back 10 years. Can anyone think of a goal that tops this? And can anyone think of a better bag of 4 goals than this? all 4 of them were individually brilliant.

Re your first point. For me when I see George lining up for a goal in a GF my head is in my hands and when the kick goes through the posts I settle down as I know the match is ours. He did it in 17 and again this year

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Driving down the seaside town I live in today (maybe a city soon unfortunately) taking Dusty (dog) for a run on the sand, I spot a Gentleman with a stunning Wife and 3 lovely children (my Mum loves his kids, always dressed beautifully) on the footpath. Yes it is the great man himself, Trent Cotchin, I look in awe, will I stop and ask for photos and autographs, like my friends and I did after seeing Angus and Malcolm Young during the Ballbreaker tour. No I don't, I walk along the beach thinking this triple premiership captain can have time with his family. I hope he enjoys it here, he has earned it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
that's interesting 74, because Pat Benatar and Van Halen aren't Aussie Musos ..
Fair point... as I said, didn't hear it myself, and thought that's how it was explained. ... I'm putting it down to post grand final over celebration fatigue!

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Looking for insights, watching the game again from different vantage points. My dog supports me in all my
Feel like a cross between a spoilt toddler and a grumpy old man who cant get his head around the fact the world has changed.

But with each watch of the replay, I get more and more angry at the cheesy disco toonz and dancing after goals.

The tiger Roar after a goal is one of the best feelings their is. To replace that with canned noise like a shity poxy soul less 20/20 game is an insult to our great game.

Anyone who argues that the grand final should be at any stadium with less than 100,000 should be laughed at. Atmosphere is what Footy is all about. TV doesn't capture it. 30,000 for a GF is just not good enough. WA and SA can GNGF as well. no debate till they get real stadiums for real sized crowd's.

No PA after a goal ever! Never EVER EVER again!
I don't mind a tune. Only issue I have with it is I'd spill more of my beer getting into the groove.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Very wet day in Perth yesterday so around 4pm switched on the telly to Fox & here is a replay of the GF. As it ran I took particular interest to see if Rioli jibbed it (ducked his head) as one on PRE said he did on a few occasions. First instance on this call was when Rioli had the ball he looked at the opposition went to evade them slipped tackled free kick against him. Second instance a quick kick came towards him he is basically static ,ball is above him & a tall Cat player comes from behind clears the ball. Both times Rioli did not duck the head so who ever penned that he did suggest you watch a GF replay.

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
Dunno about the anti-music rants. I felt like dancing after every single Tigers goal. Especially those in the Third. Most especially Dusty’s 4.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dunno about the anti-music rants. I felt like dancing after every single Tigers goal. Especially those in the Third. Most especially Dusty’s 4.
Don't need no music when Dusty's on song. Just dance to Tigerland that's buzzin through my head.

Reactions: 3 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
The thing I noticed most about our comeback in The 3rd quarter was Shai, tackling machine and seemed everywhere.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
In depth interview phhhht in today's Hun with little Gazza. Where did they lose the grand final against the Tiges. They played safe footy, didn't take the game on. :rotfl1 :rotfl1 :rotfl1
They've been playing the same risk free controlled keeping off game for years. Works well for a good side over a long period of home and away games against a lot of mediocre sides where long term accumulation serves well enough.
Doesn't work so well when it's a balls out kill or be killed finals game against a side that plays this type of footy all year long.

Reactions: 7 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Seen the replay quite a few times.
Seeing Byron Pickett's downcast looks when presenting Norm to Dusty was gold.
He tried to cover it with the briefest of brief smiles but quickly returned to the horror.
What's with the long face?
His face was longer than Makybe Diva's!
Answer: The horror of Richmond.

Reactions: 1 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Seen the replay quite a few times.
Seeing Byron Pickett's downcast looks when presenting Norm to Dusty was gold.
He tried to cover it with the briefest of brief smiles but quickly returned to the horror.
What's with the long face?
His face was longer than Makybe Diva's!
Answer: The horror of Richmond.
Yeah don’t think he had gotten over what he witnessed in Adelaide the week before.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I just watched the 2017 qual against the Cats - great game, almost as good as the 2019 prelim which is almost as good as this years granny.

Don‘t you love the cats - to end their season 2 years in a row - now we talkin.

That 2017 qual is one of my all time favourites because it commenced our run of 10 : 2 finals win /loss and 3 fags.

Reactions: 5 users