Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
As we have proved time and time again. It is Dimmas mantra.
If you want to beat us you have to sustain it for four quarters.

Pies game & the
Lions game this finals series the outlier.

Phenomenal finals record since 17.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I just watched the 2017 qual against the Cats - great game, almost as good as the 2019 prelim which is almost as good as this years granny.

Don‘t you love the cats - to end their season 2 years in a row - now we talkin.

That 2017 qual is one of my all time favourites because it commenced our run of 10 : 2 finals win /loss and 3 fags.

Truly great game, you could see the pressure game being implemented by Richmond and it was so good to watch.

That was the game where I knew we had arrived and could challenge for the flag. We strangled them for the first half, didn't get enough scoreboard pressure, Geelong came back and levelled the scores. This was the point where you knew we would find out if Richmond were the real deal. We had thrown everything at them and they had come back and levelled the scores, would we fall apart or would we find another effort to win the game? The rest is history . . .

DS

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Truly great game, you could see the pressure game being implemented by Richmond and it was so good to watch.
They were all over us during the second, you could see them queuing up to get involved in a way they don't usually do. Think they got a bit carried away which led to us regaining some momentum + Dusty's goal just before the break. Ablett said they went too negative after half time and went into their shells, which allowed us to press.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
They were all over us during the second, you could see them queuing up to get involved in a way they don't usually do. Think they got a bit carried away which led to us regaining some momentum + Dusty's goal just before the break. Ablett said they went too negative after half time and went into their shells, which allowed us to press.
We got in their heads and they caved.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If you want to beat us you have to sustain it for four quarters.

Pies game & the
Lions game this finals series the outlier.

Phenomenal finals record since 17.
Pies game unfortunately was simply the bad hair day we had to have that year. Reckon our form was patchy from about a month before finals, we were somehow just getting by n doing enough to win without playing well. Then Dusty on one leg, Assa crook with gippy guts n Colonwood on the charge n *smile* happened big time.

Lions game was actually the game that set up our flag run this year. Poor buggers played their Granny to beat us in that first final, copped the double week off n there was nothing left in their head space when they got to play the Prelim.
Meanwhile back in the Hub. We managed to get the extra necessary hard game time into Bash, Nank, Assa, Shedda, Presty who'd all missed large portions of the season n we didn't to have the double break for the pre finals bye and then waiting for the prelim to roll around.
Boys were match hardened n cherry ripe to play a big hard Grand Final game of footy.

Reactions: 15 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Pies game unfortunately was simply the bad hair day we had to have that year. Reckon our form was patchy from about a month before finals, we were somehow just getting by n doing enough to win without playing well. Then Dusty on one leg, Assa crook with gippy guts n Colonwood on the charge n *smile* happened big time.

Lions game was actually the game that set up our flag run this year. Poor buggers played their Granny to beat us in that first final, copped the double week off n there was nothing left in their head space when they got to play the Prelim.
Meanwhile back in the Hub. We managed to get the extra necessary hard game time into Bash, Nank, Assa, Shedda, Presty who'd all missed large portions of the season n we didn't to have the double break for the pre finals bye and then waiting for the prelim to roll around.
Boys were match hardened n cherry ripe to play a big hard Grand Final game of footy.
So true TM! So true.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I just watched the 2017 qual against the Cats - great game, almost as good as the 2019 prelim which is almost as good as this years granny.

That 2017 qual is one of my all time favourites because it commenced our run of 10 : 2 finals win /loss and 3 fags.

Those 3 recent finals are like Dusty‘s goals in the grannie - each one just being (arguably) even better than the one before.
Aw bliss!

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
They like to say that but the reality is we didn't let them do anything. Geelong had no say in the matter (or certainly no say in how they played in the second half)

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Seen the replay quite a few times.
Seeing Byron Pickett's downcast looks when presenting Norm to Dusty was gold.
He tried to cover it with the briefest of brief smiles but quickly returned to the horror.
What's with the long face?
His face was longer than Makybe Diva's!
Answer: The horror of Richmond.

I thought he was just trying to look respectful and serious. But I also thought he might be a bit nervous.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I thought he was just trying to look respectful and serious. But I also thought he might be a bit nervous.
"They told me Port would be in the Grand Final, I don't understand what happened..."

Chris Judd's turn to present to Dusty next year, followed by Buckley after being sacked halfway through 2021.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah, agree. Didn't seem overly comfortable up there. Probably a bit star struck knowing he was about to touch the great Dustin Martin

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

That was the game where I knew we had arrived and could challenge for the flag. We strangled them for the first half, didn't get enough scoreboard pressure, Geelong came back and levelled the scores. This was the point where you knew we would find out if Richmond were the real deal. We had thrown everything at them and they had come back and levelled the scores, would we fall apart or would we find another effort to win the game? The rest is history . . .

DS

You do realise I was talking about the 2017 QF?

DS

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I thought he looked anxious , i cant remember , was he a media shy person ?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Byron Pickett just looked nervous if you ask me, he looked genuinely happy to be giving it to Dustin from my memory of it. Lot less weird looking than Hird in 2017.

DS

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
So it was hird in 17, pickett in 20, who was it in 19?

These players will be telling their grand kids of this one day.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
So it was hird in 17, pickett in 20, who was it in 19?

These players will be telling their grand kids of this one day.
Poor AFL lined up Byron expecting he might be giving it to a Kochies player ..............best :mhihi

God I just love how weve spent 3 years ruining everyones plans and sucking the jam outta Donuts everywhere across the nation.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users