Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
It was interesting to see Dusty employ a rugby style kick with about a minute to go in the third. Just kicked a high torp forward and while Blicavs was trying to get a handle on the ball our smalls chased forward to harass him. Great improvisation.
This was almost my favorite piece of play. If that had of ended in Edwards kicking a goal instead of missing, boy o boy, wowee.

Reactions: 1 users

mj72

Tiger Rookie
Jun 21, 2004
punt road
His ‘kick arsenal ‘ is unbelievable.
In the last quarter of the Saints final Dusty does an in traffic short lofted banana pass to Edwards. Puts it over his head as Edwards opponent was between them. Doesn't get the mentions some of his other exquisite passes do and the commentary team don't make a fuss about it. Pure genius and I'm not sure anyone else in the comp could have done it.
Actually I am sure. They couldn't have.

Reactions: 6 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
In the last quarter of the Saints final Dusty does an in traffic short lofted banana pass to Edwards. Puts it over his head as Edwards opponent was between them. Doesn't get the mentions some of his other exquisite passes do and the commentary team don't make a fuss about it. Pure genius and I'm not sure anyone else in the comp could have done it.
You are right there mj.

No one can execute the kicks he does so often.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Actually there were three St. Kilda players between Martin and Edwards at the time which is extraordinary because the kick only travels about 20 metres.
And to be fair, Bruce does give it a "Martin ... beau-u-u-u-utiful kick!".
Can't find it on YouTube but it's at 12:36 to go in the last.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I often rewatch the 2017, 19 and 20 GF's and end up seeing a passage of play I seemed to have missed the other times I have watched the games. I suppose it is because I am so relaxed so can analyse the play easier and enjoy the spectacle

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I often rewatch the 2017, 19 and 20 GF's and end up seeing a passage of play I seemed to have missed the other times I have watched the games. I suppose it is because I am so relaxed so can analyse the play easier and enjoy the spectacle
So true.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Watching the GF , you know the 3rd one we win out of 4 years, I noticed compared to Geelong we are a lighter framed team , though it’s a bit of a myth we haven’t had injuries I wonder if having less mass has helped with less stress on the body and less soft tissue injuries . Can only speak for myself however after years of research I personally have had a few soft tissue injuries and I do carry a couple of extra kegs

Reactions: 2 users

ninjahaha

Sponsored by Takeda Pharmaceutical
Feb 22, 2014
the shadows
Pre covid my M.O was go to game live or watch live on TV for interstate. Watch replay.

Its amazing how different and how much clearer you see the game when the result is no longer your focus.

Reactions: 8 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Watching the GF , you know the 3rd one we win out of 4 years, I noticed compared to Geelong we are a lighter framed team , though it’s a bit of a myth we haven’t had injuries I wonder if having less mass has helped with less stress on the body and less soft tissue injuries . Can only speak for myself however after years of research I personally have had a few soft tissue injuries and I do carry a couple of extra kegs
yeah does make a difference, if you are in middle age like me losing 5-10 kegs makes a hell of difference to your energy, fitness, strength etc.

We seem to be strong and wirey type mostly, like Broady. A few nuggety types like Graham, Dion, Dusty of course.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If we go all the way again next year, who does everyone won't us to beat? I'd love to beat the Filth, though I can't see them threatening next season. It would great to see us Tear Port Apart, just to see the look on the Koch roaches face.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I’d like it to be Wet Toast. They’ll moan that it doesn’t count, because it’s at the G, but who gives a *smile*?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The only teams that can trouble us is Collingwood and maybe WC in Perth.
Port.. Not good enough
Geelong..too slow, too old
Stkilda...:rotfl1 they think they're back in 1975, trying to buy a flag, with our reserves players.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
If we go all the way again next year, who does everyone won't us to beat? I'd love to beat the Filth, though I can't see them threatening next season. It would great to see us Tear Port Apart, just to see the look on the Koch roaches face.
This is an interesting question.
We've already been across the entire spectrum of AFL clubs.
Adelaide: Big expansion team from a traditional Aussie Rules state other than Victoria.
GWS: Plastic AFL love child from a non-AFL with no culture or history.
Geelong: Big, traditional Victorian team.

I'm tempted to say the only feather missing from our cap is a really big Melbourne-based club, but they are pretty much all basket cases at the moment - Cartoon, Essendon and Collingwood all going off the rails. Even Hawthorn are cactus, not that I consider them a big Melbourne club (despite what their fans would tell you).

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
This is an interesting question.
We've already been across the entire spectrum of AFL clubs.
Adelaide: Big expansion team from a traditional Aussie Rules state other than Victoria.
GWS: Plastic AFL love child from a non-AFL with no culture or history.
Geelong: Big, traditional Victorian team.

I'm tempted to say the only feather missing from our cap is a really big Melbourne-based club, but they are pretty much all basket cases at the moment - Cartoon, Essendon and Collingwood all going off the rails. Even Hawthorn are cactus, not that I consider them a big Melbourne club (despite what their fans would tell you).
I think we have some unfinished business with the woodsmen...

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
That’s the best. I also like switching commentary.

My fav is the bloke in the crowd that got up early for Dusty’s 4th 2020 GF. That legend sensed what was about to happen and had arms raised before Dusty even took possession.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users