Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I might have to watch the GF again this week. I'm starting to suffer some minor withdrawal symptoms (haven't watched it for 2 weeks) :D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I might have to watch the GF again this week. I'm starting to suffer some minor withdrawal symptoms (haven't watched it for 2 weeks) :D

Question, do you watch the whole thing? I tend to just go for the second half

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Watch the whole thing listen how commentators get very excited of a possible Pussy win only for it to all fall apart for them in the 2nd half

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

No left foot

Tiger Rookie
Aug 30, 2020
Whole thing. Watching our defensive structure go to crap for a while, get uncomfortable all over again, then dig ourselves out. Enjoy the half time chats with the coaches too. Love seeing Balta turn it around from his first half where he was a bit jittery, to going on the ball late in the second and making a difference.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

When watching the 2019 PF I mainly watch the second half - plus ....
The plus is the final minute of the 2nd qtr - just for added effect

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Never bother to re watch games we've lost. Always happy to re watch in full the games where we've started crap n then done the resurrection run over the top of an opposition ( especially in finals ).
Hate watching games where we are getting beat up on in real time, it's only comfortable watching that part on replay when I already no the turn over n happy ending is already guaranteed.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Never bother to re watch games we've lost. Always happy to re watch in full the games where we've started crap n then done the resurrection run over the top of an opposition ( especially in finals ).
Hate watching games where we are getting beat up on in real time, it's only comfortable watching that part on replay when I already no the turn over n happy ending is already guaranteed.
Yeah I'm with you @TigerMasochist I can't rewatch losses... never seen a minute of the 2018 prelim since I left the ground and haven't watched any other game from that year!

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
When watching the 2019 PF I mainly watch the second half - plus ....
The plus is the final minute of the 2nd qtr - just for added effect

yeah i do the same. for the 2017 GF I tend to watch the last minute of the first quarter when we are 2 goals down, Towner kicks into "Fists of Fury" Lever on the mark, then rag-dolls him. Watching that game again (for the fortieth time) you could see the signs really early that we were switched on for that game, tackling and pressure were on from the start. We missed a couple and they got a couple of soft ones early, but never in doubt really. That third quarter is still my favourite all time quarter.

Strange because I was still nervous up until ten minutes to go on the day.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I like to watch the whole game. I even watched the QF from this year a couple of times, wouldn't have bothered if we didn't win the flag a few games later. Have never seen the TV coverage of the 2018 PF, I was there, that was bad enough.

With the 2017 GF I really like the second quarter where we turn the game around and it is being played on our terms . . . plus . . . they are goal-less in the second quarter :D

DS

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I watched the St Kilda semi again this week but we did it pretty easy. Port prelim is a good game.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I watched the St Kilda semi again this week but we did it pretty easy. Port prelim is a good game.

Port Prelim is an absolute cracker, great game and great win. Either side could have won that one and I have no idea what would have happened if it went to extra time.

I have the Victory packs from 2017, 2019 and 2020 so I watch them every now and again. In 2017 I started a tradition of watching all the old Grand Finals during the finals as I have that old DVD pack of the 1967 through to 1980 Grand Final wins.

Speaking of losses, last year I finally forced myself to watch the 1972 Grand Final. I just wanted to see what it was like to watch a game where 50 goals were kicked. It was a bit ridiculous how easily both sides were scoring. Haven't watched it again and the last time I saw the 1982 Grand Final was when I watched it live on TV (once too often).

DS

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
I enjoyed the geelong marathon, 17 QF, 19 PF & 20 GF it was an awesome few hours

Reactions: 8 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I have watched the second half more than the first. Depends on my mood or how busy I am too.

Last viewing was the whole match, but I watched the first half on the Saturday then the second half on the Sunday.

For me, it's a bit like being a kid. You eat your vegetables, knowing there is a delicious desert to follow. :D

Reactions: 3 users