Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Watched the Brisbane final on the weekend - the first time I watched the second half - I thought we weren’t too bad and the commentators thought we would win it till about the last 5 mins. We just didn’t quite click in the last quarter but we had em in the ropes which was nice. I can see why Geelong beat them now.

Normally I don’t have enough time to watch a replay in full - but my favourites are the 3 finals against the cats and obviously the other two grannies - watching the second half of any of those games is just a feast and the footy is simply outrageous from a tiger perspective.

Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Watched the Brisbane final on the weekend - the first time I watched the second half - I thought we weren’t too bad and the commentators thought we would win it till about the last 5 mins. We just didn’t quite click in the last quarter but we had em in the ropes which was nice. I can see why Geelong beat them now.

Normally I don’t have enough time to watch a replay in full - but my favourites are the 3 finals against the cats and obviously the other two grannies - watching the second half of any of those games is just a feast and the footy is simply outrageous from a tiger perspective.
And the 2017 Prelim.
Was lucky enough to get tickets for myself and Mrs Quickdraw.
It was sooo loud and I lost my voice till the following Wednesday. :cool:

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I have seen 3 of this Golden Age finals in the flesh. The 2017 Prelim the 2019 QF and the 2020 GF. Each match was quite simply the Dusty Show. Memories I will relive many times.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Question, do you watch the whole thing? I tend to just go for the second half
I do enjoy watching them go into half time 4 goasls up thinking they are gonna do it just the same as I love watching Dangerdick smugly put em 4 goals up in the 2019 Prelim on half time ...............................NEK MINNIT ..................

TIGERS GAGF !!! :cupgold:cupgold

Reactions: 4 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
2017 Prelim for mine.
The first Butler goal in the last quarter is still the most magical moment of all of these four finals series.
One of those camera-shaking goals.

Reactions: 6 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
2017 Prelim for mine.
The first Butler goal in the last quarter is still the most magical moment of all of these four finals series.
One of those camera-shaking goals.

I have managed to get to Melb for 4 finals
2017 prelim
2018 qual against hawks
2019 prelim and grand final

The 2017 prelim for me was a shock and awe feeling with mass party atmosphere and celebrations (I had been overseas for 12 months and it was my first live game for the year) - I couldn’t believe we had made the big dance - I will never forget the first 5 minutes of that game

The 2018 qual was just sit back and enjoy

The 2019 grand final was the same as 2017 without the shock - just one long party and celebrations

While the 2019 prelim was just sheer intensity, deep emotional outpouring and just so dam satisfying to win the game that looked lost at half time against that opposition and I could see 2018 happening all over again.

I honestly struggle to decide the best one between 2017 and 2019 games.

warren1328

Tiger Cub
Mar 18, 2014
Trawling the AF website this morning and read the article about Cam/Hawk being dream team and Geel great expectations etc......
Scroll down the article to the 7min video of 2020GF highlights :):)
That'll let the air out of a few Cat tires.....

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Mrs. Quickdraw at work.

Cooked a pretty good omelette for dinner, now enjoying some icy cold (home made and awesome) limoncello (or 3). Starting to get a warm glow, then Dusty kicks his first goal, just before quarter time.

Might have to pour another and turn the volume up for the second half.

Life's good. :cool:

Reactions: 6 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Mrs. Quickdraw at work.

Cooked a pretty good omelette for dinner, now enjoying some icy cold (home made and awesome) limoncello (or 3). Starting to get a warm glow, then Dusty kicks his first goal, just before quarter time.

Might have to pour another and turn the volume up for the second half.

Life's good. :cool:
Ha! Had house to myself last night and when finally finished work watched the last quarter of 2020 and then last 10 minutes of 2019.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
View attachment 11462
What happened?
We lost?
I didn't with the Normie?
Boo hoo hoo!
Haaarrrgh. Poor Paddy's got maximum clench happening right there.
By far the best thing about this pic, is that Flossy played a couple of minutes n won his third premiership medallion. Clench played all game n got Sweet Fanny Addams.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Trawling the AF website this morning and read the article about Cam/Hawk being dream team and Geel great expectations etc......
Scroll down the article to the 7min video of 2020GF highlights :):)
That'll let the air out of a few Cat tires.....
Let em ramp up the expectation and pressure upon themselves.

Cameron didnt win a flag with GWS at their best with all their talent.

He likely aint winning one at Geesook either.

Their defence is light on now without taylor and no replacement found thus Blicavs has to go from ruck roving utility back to key defence, with Henderson that removes their point of difference in the middle.

Reactions: 1 user