Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Is anyone familiar with the highest quality version available of our 2020 finals matches? In particular, for the tech experts of PRE, what would be the highest frame rate available? I haven’t seen a fluid, 120hz version of our games before to my knowledge, so curious if our games could look better than I’ve seen them before.

I’d love to re-watch in high quality, but I don’t use DVDs/bluray, so I’m limited to whatever specced versions I can find online...

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Highest quality is 1080p and then you go to blueray which is a 35gb download, but pm me dude

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Let em ramp up the expectation and pressure upon themselves.

Cameron didnt win a flag with GWS at their best with all their talent.

He likely aint winning one at Geesook either.

Their defence is light on now without taylor and no replacement found thus Blicavs has to go from ruck roving utility back to key defence, with Henderson that removes their point of difference in the middle.
Blitzarse is better in defence.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Highest quality is 1080p and then you go to blueray which is a 35gb download, but pm me dude
Hey antman ... I've just seen it listed on the website which is obviously where you get it too.
35 GB !!! Is it really much better that the 8GB 1080i version?
35 GB is alot ... don't mind the disk space but it would take a chunk out of your "credits".
And does it have to be burned to a blueray? I note that it's an .mkv file, so can't it just be played directly?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Hey antman ... I've just seen it listed on the website which is obviously where you get it too.
35 GB !!! Is it really much better that the 8GB 1080i version?
35 GB is alot ... don't mind the disk space but it would take a chunk out of your "credits".
And does it have to be burned to a blueray? I note that it's an .mkv file, so can't it just be played directly?

could be played directly. You would need a good tv and system to be able to tell the difference I reckon, but I'm no blueray expert. If you are playing on your laptop wouldn't bother going for the blueray.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Is anyone familiar with the highest quality version available of our 2020 finals matches? In particular, for the tech experts of PRE, what would be the highest frame rate available? I haven’t seen a fluid, 120hz version of our games before to my knowledge, so curious if our games could look better than I’ve seen them before.

I’d love to re-watch in high quality, but I don’t use DVDs/bluray, so I’m limited to whatever specced versions I can find online...
Not aware of any AFL games being released in 4K, so Blu-ray is as good as it gets, and that's for GF only.

Difference between Blu-ray and DVD is apparent from 'First video stream' below.

1920x1280 v 720x576
50K FPS v 25K FPS

Grand Final Blu-ray
CCP46De.jpg

Prelim final DVD
OpZQDMZ.jpg

Note also the respective audio quality on the Blu-ray; Ch 7 commentary is 48kHz/24-bit (CD is 44.1/16) while the radio calls are in highly-compressed AC3 format (equivalent to mediocre mp3).

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Intriguing story unfolding at Seven News / Fox Footy ...

If there's any truth to it, kudos for it not being used as an excuse.

I assume the groin injury is when Danger's testicles shrivelled up after his insipid attempt at tackling Dusty in the final minutes

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Not aware of any AFL games being released in 4K, so Blu-ray is as good as it gets, and that's for GF only.

Difference between Blu-ray and DVD is apparent from 'First video stream' below.

1920x1280 v 720x576
50K FPS v 25K FPS

Grand Final Blu-ray
CCP46De.jpg

Prelim final DVD
OpZQDMZ.jpg

Note also the respective audio quality on the Blu-ray; Ch 7 commentary is 48kHz/24-bit (CD is 44.1/16) while the radio calls are in highly-compressed AC3 format (equivalent to mediocre mp3).

Thanks for that.

I‘d be happy with 480p, 12fps, and black & white if the content is Richmond winning flags. But it sure would be nice if the AFL was a little further along the technology curve.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If there's any truth to it, kudos for it not being used as an excuse.
So the Moggies tried to hide an unfit player in the years biggest game, who's highlight moment was then taking out an opposition player at the start to perhaps compensate.
Guess they got all they deserved then.

Bloody laughable that they haven't bothered to fix his injury during the off season. If the pensioner is still struggling with a dodgy groin at the start of pre season, I'm going to love watching him trying to gimp his way through the whole year. Maybe shades of Juddster in his last year at Wet Coke.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Thanks for that.

I‘d be happy with 480p, 12fps, and black & white if the content is Richmond winning flags. But it sure would be nice if the AFL was a little further along the technology curve.
It'd be good but as you get into higher resolutions, newer equipment (player and TV) is required to play the disks and/or benefit from the resolution. They would have a rough idea of how many units they could sell, and 4K is still really a niche market. Also I think the costs of authoring higher resolution masters (as in required production skills) are greater.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It'd be good but as you get into higher resolutions, newer equipment (player and TV) is required to play the disks and/or benefit from the resolution. They would have a rough idea of how many units they could sell, and 4K is still really a niche market. Also I think the costs of authoring higher resolution masters (as in required production skills) are greater.

Seriously, forget disks. Digital media is the only way to go.

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Been doing a lot of annoying gardening tasks this week. Amazing how listening to the different GF radio calls in full makes everything alright, even digging out agapanthus. We are so lucky to be tigers at this moment in history !

Reactions: 3 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Re-watched the second half after dinner tonight.
That passage of play from D50 to the Edwards miss late in the 3rd still gives me a buzz every time I watch it. I know it only resulted in a point but *smile* it was exhilarating.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Re-watched the second half after dinner tonight.
That passage of play from D50 to the Edwards miss late in the 3rd still gives me a buzz every time I watch it. I know it only resulted in a point but *smile* it was exhilarating.

I wanted Edwards delisted after that miss.
He should've kicked it to Jack as soon as he got it or he shouldve ran to the goal line.

My play of the game was and the play that had Geelong looking for mama was, The "KAO's play". Edwards goes deep towards Castagnfield, he drops the mark, (gets pushed in the back by O'Conner), Bews bubble kicks it to Bolton with Menogla sooking to the umpire he touched it (worse then when Stanley said he touched it) Bolton kicks short to Lambert, who gets sat on by that dud that got knocked out by his own teammate. Should've been a 50. But the iceman Lambert goes back, slots it home.
Game over.
**That was when i started ordering online premiership memorabilia.

Reactions: 2 users