Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I was going to post this on the PF thread but thought, *smile* it, i will start the GF thread. Apologies for being presumptuous. Also apologies if this doesn't make sense but I had a few (more) celebratory whiskies tonight.

I will start by saying I am so proud of our club ,(again). I was truly shiting bricks before the game. What we achieved tonight cant be understated. We beat the team that was on top of the ladder all year on their home deck.

*smile* me im proud .

So we are in the GF again. Only thing is,, the Gzf is at the Gabba. 10kms from my house. I never thought I would see the day I would see us play in a GF, let alone win one. But,, thanks to my eternal gratitude to @Baloo, I saw one in 2017. Now I get to see another one down the road. WtF? Thidlsa *smile* doesn't happen to me/us. I grew up being teased at school for following Richmond. Now I'm seeing a 2nd GF in two years. *smile* me!!

So proud of our club. So privileged to have seen every game in Qld live (didnt see the Lions QF as was on holidays). Beyond privileged to see the Tiges play the GF at the Gabba.

Amazing week ahead. Look forward to the game tomorrow night to see who we play. But, don't really care,. we made it!!!

Go Tiges!!

• Love
Reactions: 28 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
So if we play Brisbane, we wear the 2017 yellow and black, and if we play Geelong, we wear the 2019 black and yellow?

Correct?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I want Brisbane.
I want the old codger to see what a real team looks like.

Reactions: 2 users

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
So if we play Brisbane, we wear the 2017 yellow and black, and if we play Geelong, we wear the 2019 black and yellow?

Correct?
I think we wear the traditional jumper in both scenarios, only difference will be white shorts against Brisbane and black shorts against Geelong.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Doesn’t worry me who we play. You know who ever it is the media will be all over them leading up to the GF

Reactions: 1 users

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
Enjoy the week Bris. This is such a special time in Tiger history. Waking up this morning to know we are in the Grand Final for the third time in four years is just amazing. So proud of the boys, the Club and the fans who can go along to keep the Tiger Army up and about. It will be different not being there, but I feel so blessed to have been able to go to 2017 and 2019 with the family. Those memories will never dim and are such special moments in bonding together. I remember sitting in the old MCC Members stand back in 1990 at the Save our Skins rally and listening to the great Jack Dyer explain how much the Tigers meant to him. He said if we lose, he doesn't want to out, talk to anyone or buy the papers., but when we win, look out! It summed up exactly how many of us feel about the Tigers. I hope everyone soaks up the special time this week will provide, whether you are going to the Gabba or staying at home. There are times when I wished I didn't care so much, but once yellow and black is in your blood, it is there forever. We are all Tigers at heart, that is our bond with each other and I love reading what others think and are feeling. I know Cotch and the boys will do us proud. Go Tiges!

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
How bloody good, I’m actually a little shocked at how pumped and proud of our footbal club ( pet hate people saying “my tigers” ) I am this morning.

This season must have been so hard for all involved and win lose or draw next week they have done an almighty job.

As frustrating as it will be not been able to be there and not get amongst GF week , it’s going to be different but still pretty cool to take in the Grand Final and the week from the lounge room.

Go Tiges

Reactions: 6 users

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Gee I hope I can get tickets. I think I heard that there are 8000 tickets for Richmond Members (non Victoria/NSW). Is this right and does anybody know how many Richmond members will be eligible to apply for tickets?

I couldn’t believe my luck last year getting tickets when GWS members didn’t take up there allocation. 2 years in a row? Is it possible?

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Gee I hope I can get tickets. I think I heard that there are 8000 tickets for Richmond Members (non Victoria/NSW). Is this right and does anybody know how many Richmond members will be eligible to apply for tickets?

I couldn’t believe my luck last year getting tickets when GWS members didn’t take up there allocation. 2 years in a row? Is it possible?

Did you get an email from the club?
We got one here in Vic advising that we obviously weren’t eligible so assume they’d send details to those that are eligible
Good luck!

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I want Brisbane.
I want the old codger to see what a real team looks like.

I want Brisbane as well , I think the fact they beat us a few weeks ago adds extra motivation to our players , no one has beaten us twice in a season for a long time

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Did you get an email from the club?
We got one here in Vic advising that we obviously weren’t eligible so assume they’d send details to those that are eligible
Good luck!
Yep u got the email from the club advising we are eligible. Not sure how many “eligible” members there are though.

Fingers crossed.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
What a glorious thing to see - Tigers into another Grand Final!

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Got a feeling Geelong will win.
Both interstate teams bundled out.

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
Yep u got the email from the club advising we are eligible. Not sure how many “eligible” members there are though.

Fingers crossed.
Basically, every member that has a residential address on file thats outside Vic (or any other hotspot requiring ISO) was sent an email re GF tix.....every member in Vic was also sent an email saying that they cant go (but if you can prove that you have been in an area not requiring ISO into QLD, then ring the club asap). ....I recieved both emails cos my sons file address is interstate (not Vic or NSW), and mine is in Vic...

Therefore, the amount of eligible members would be approx 15k i reckon........not sure what percentage of those would have guaranteed access.