Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Our final (full) day as reigning premier...... and though this year didn't go quite to plan.....

The joy the club has brought to my life remains!

#gotiges

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Looking forward to the game. Really hope that the game is a contest unlike both prelims. Difficult to maintain momentum playing 1 game in 4 weeks.

Dogs to win by 16.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Looking at the first post in this thread, BrisTiger24 posts (talking about the Prelim win over Port) "We beat the team that was on top of the ladder all year on their home deck.".
I checked and it's true. Granted the season was only 18 rounds, and the flowing nature of the draw means it would be questionable what constituted a "round" in 2020 (at times there was a game on every day), but according to this page, Port are on top at the end of every round: https://afltables.com/afl/seas/2020.html
How rare would that be (whether the team went on to win the flag or not)?
I hadn't realized that ... Herculean effort that flag.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
2020 was a massive win in retrospect I agree.

No wonder the boys couldnt get up again this year, the effort taken to pull that off was massive.

A great Historic Victory for numerous reasons.

Reactions: 5 users

SCAJMW

Tiger Cub
Dec 15, 2008
Happy Anniversary all Tiger supporters, 1 year since one of the greatest nights of our lives. Memories we will all cherish forever.
To use Dustin's words "Let's go in 2022"

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Happy Anniversary all Tiger supporters, 1 year since one of the greatest nights of our lives. Memories we will all cherish forever.
We're still the best.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
im going to watch it again at same time it kicked off last year at 7.30pm

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Had no idea about this until you mentioned it here - a thousand thanks - as it became a great day.

Saw a Geelong mate this arvo and casually mentioned the significance of the day - "don't mention the war" he said
Wore a B2B premiership hoodie tonight and had a couple of premiership cans that were left over from last year. Geez they were good.
Contacted the entire family of Tigers and made sure they knew as well.
Decided to bite the bullet and order a copy of this: https://www.redbubble.com/i/art-boa...Final-Moment-by-PuntRdPrincess/87055183.4R1UM
And to top it off I'm about to watch the second half of the GF replay

Cheers all!

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I was going to post this on the PF thread but thought, *smile* it, i will start the GF thread. Apologies for being presumptuous. Also apologies if this doesn't make sense but I had a few (more) celebratory whiskies tonight.

I will start by saying I am so proud of our club ,(again). I was truly shiting bricks before the game. What we achieved tonight cant be understated. We beat the team that was on top of the ladder all year on their home deck.

*smile* me im proud .

So we are in the GF again. Only thing is,, the Gzf is at the Gabba. 10kms from my house. I never thought I would see the day I would see us play in a GF, let alone win one. But,, thanks to my eternal gratitude to @Baloo, I saw one in 2017. Now I get to see another one down the road. WtF? Thidlsa *smile* doesn't happen to me/us. I grew up being teased at school for following Richmond. Now I'm seeing a 2nd GF in two years. *smile* me!!

So proud of our club. So privileged to have seen every game in Qld live (didnt see the Lions QF as was on holidays). Beyond privileged to see the Tiges play the GF at the Gabba.

Amazing week ahead. Look forward to the game tomorrow night to see who we play. But, don't really care,. we made it!!!

Go Tiges!!
I started the 2020 GF thread after beers and celebratory whiskies after the PF.

I didn't know we would go on to win and what an amazing week and then night the 2020 GF was going to be. Such amazing memories for a Brisbane based Tiges supporter

• Love
Reactions: 7 users