Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
Salty Scott being Salty Scott will make this GF win so much more special.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I know the people in Melbourne who are devastated at not being able to endure the terror of purchasing finals tickets,

won't mind me having a whinge,

that Geelong priority 3 members are snapping up their tix right now, after AFL members, Cats priority 1 and 2 got theirs,

while Richmond Priority 1 sit around looking at a countdown clock.

what's with that?

• Angry

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I know the people in Melbourne who are devastated at not being able to endure the terror of purchasing finals tickets,

that Geelong priority 3 members are snapping up their tix right now, after AFL members, Cats priority 1 and 2 got theirs,

what's with that?
Does this mean that people from Geelong can travel to QLD?

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

what's with that?

Does each club have the same number and quality of seats available?

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
They may have put Richmond last in case there are leftover Geelong seats from their member allocation. Not sure how many members they have outside of Vic. Any leftovers won't last long if they make it to Richmond's Priority 3.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Same here, momentai. Some amazing highlights that day. Freddy Swift's mark, Royce's mark & KB's goal near the end. Great day
:D
I was there as well Quickdraw but don't remember it that well as I was a young boy but I do recall the joy from my Dad which is a great memory.

Watching the replay again over the years as you said it includes one of the most iconic Richmond moments ever which was Royce Hart's mark in the last quarter. One of the best marks in the game's history and to take it in a grand final was very special. I was going to say his mark over Peter Walker but the reality is it was pure leap.

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Does each club have the same number and quality of seats available?

8,000 each. Can't see either team getting to 8,000. 3,000 RFC members in QLD, 1,300 Geelol members in QLD. SA will probably produce some attendees but, even though WA can come into QLD, they need to hotel quarantine on the way back so that would deter a lot from there you would think.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).

what's with that?
They still have their allocation.
it’s so the system isn’t handling too many transactions at once.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I’m confident in the tigers winning due to our more recent GF experience.
However if we bring the same attitude as we took to beat port it will be ok.

not the attitude we had v Collingwood PF 2018.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Just watch the last quarter of the Sound the Alarm from the RFC website, gave me goose bumps.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
After 2 Grand Final wins where it was all over by 3/4 time, I'm not sure I would cope with a close tight finish. But we're probably due one.
My memory of that game in 2017 doesn't include feeling like it was over at 3 quarter time :) . I was well and truly still in the "old Richmond" mindset

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
It’s sounding more and more like the pressure is all on them, and it is. We’ve got to do it for Danger and Junior, boys. Haven’t won one in almost a decade. We in the other hand have none of that crap, and just like in 17 and 19, we can go out there, enjoy the day and the experience and just give it our best. It’s starting to sound very like 19 where the media tried to convince everyone that GWS were the way to go because they had a great song (I’ve never liked it) and they were the new kids on the block. This year it’s all about Danger and Little Gary. Same *smile*, different team.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
My memory of that game in 2017 doesn't include feeling like it was over at 3 quarter time :) . I was well and truly still in the "old Richmond" mindset
Yeah, same. But it was a fear that we'd drop our bundle, it never happened. A bit different to a close GF

Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
We will never know, but I hope the club has a quiet word/enquiry with the umpiring team this week to highlight Hawkins pushing tactics.

Its dangerous, has already ended Soldos season and his 2021, and he does it regularly.

We don't have anything to lose. They can disregard it and ream us like every other week. Or they can penalise the prick.

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Wonder if they're thinking of bringing in Ratagolea who seems to bother us when we play them.