Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That was bloody amazing and I’d never even heard of such a thing before i.e. the ball up done not by the umpire doing a two handed bounce action but holding it one hand and punching it into the ground. Weird.
And I reckon that’s the first time I’ve seen film of a bloke place kicking for goal

Rhrett Bartlett comes up with some great stuff

I have read about bouncing the ball like that but I think this is the first footage I have seen.

Is the place kick still legal I wonder.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I have read about bouncing the ball like that but I think this is the first footage I have seen.

Is the place kick still legal I wonder.

DS

Dunno
Imagine a bloke setting it up now for his place kick for goal and the 30 seconds elapses - and the bloke on the mark would kicks it back the other way.

Reactions: 1 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Now saying about 40 percent chance of showers around game time ,

A wet track would swing it in our favour big time when you look at game styles/ match ups ,

Keep doing your rain dances !!!

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

A wet track would swing it in our favour big time when you look at game styles/ match ups ,

Rain helps us more than them but the market hasn't been adjusted. They got Adelaide's forecast badly wrong this time last week.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Rain helps us more than them but the market hasn't been adjusted. They got Adelaide's forecast badly wrong this time last week.
I’m guessing there will be some showErs Saturday in the state of Queensland, but it it’s not certain atm if they fall over the Gabba and at game time

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

The AFL's official lightening rule wasnt written for the subtropics

Called the 30/30 rule.

If thunder is heard within 30 seconds of sighting it from a game venue, game delays until 30 minutes after last sighting.

I calculate lightening in Ipswich could be seen and produce a 30 second thunder.

At 10 knots, this could take 3 hours to strike the gabba and another 3 to get to RedCliff

So lightening at 3/4 time could result in the 4th quarter commencing around 5.30 AM.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Polly Farmer after the 1967 GF loss to Richmond: "Richmond's win was good for football. Premierships are made to go around."

I can't imagine Salty being that gracious.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The Geelong supporters are up and about aren’t they?
Amazing how 2 weeks ago Salty was a disaster and suddenly he is a hero

Reactions: 1 user

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Tigers should win this comfortably. Not expecting it to be a blowout like last year but I don't think it'll go down to the wire either.

The quality in Geelong's side drops away a fair bit after the top five or so players, whereas Richmond's best 22 seems more rounded. Shut down Geelong's top few and there's the game.

Tigers don't play a pretty style of game by any means and Geelong arguably have more polish, but from what I've seen even this year, the Tigers like to grind sides down by playing their brand consistently for long enough - and it works.

It isn't pretty to watch at times but who the hell cares when there's silverware at stake, and I think Richmond's brand not only stands up better to the pressure of finals footy, but to the predicted greasy conditions of rain on Saturday night.

Not everyone in the 22 is a superstar but they all play their role and you've got to respect the way they function together as a collective.

Whoever does win will etch one hell of a chapter in their club's history after the hugely different season we've had, and any talk of an asterisk is total BS.

Reactions: 22 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Supporters meeting at The Shaftston apparently.

The pre-match function at the Shafston is sold out. But there might be space in the public area. But with the capacity restrictions its not going to be a normal pre-game drink. Could be easiest to get to the Gabba when gates open and have a few there

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Tigers should win this comfortably. Not expecting it to be a blowout like last year but I don't think it'll go down to the wire either.

The quality in Geelong's side drops away a fair bit after the top five or so players, whereas Richmond's best 22 seems more rounded. Shut down Geelong's top few and there's the game.

Tigers don't play a pretty style of game by any means and Geelong arguably have more polish, but from what I've seen even this year, the Tigers like to grind sides down by playing their brand consistently for long enough - and it works.

It isn't pretty to watch at times but who the hell cares when there's silverware at stake, and I think Richmond's brand not only stands up better to the pressure of finals footy, but to the predicted greasy conditions of rain on Saturday night.

Not everyone in the 22 is a superstar but they all play their role and you've got to respect the way they function together as a collective.

Whoever does win will etch one hell of a chapter in their club's history after the hugely different season we've had, and any talk of an asterisk is total BS.

I watched the 2017 Grand Final over the last couple of days and on to the 2019 finals from today.

What is noticeable from both the 2017 and 2019 Grand Finals is we went up a gear in both. We brought more pressure and more fluency n the 2017 Grand Final than in the Prelim and we were running riot in the 2019 Grand Final.

We go up a gear and we should prevail.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
The AFL's official lightening rule wasnt written for the subtropics

Called the 30/30 rule.

If thunder is heard within 30 seconds of sighting it from a game venue, game delays until 30 minutes after last sighting.

I calculate lightening in Ipswich could be seen and produce a 30 second thunder.

At 10 knots, this could take 3 hours to strike the gabba and another 3 to get to RedCliff

So lightening at 3/4 time could result in the 4th quarter commencing around 5.30 AM.

Hope there's enough beer to see us all through!

In reality, 90% of the storms at this time of year split the city to the north (Cabollture) and south (Gold Coast/Logan).

I did have a chuckle when I saw the Gabba GF scheduled for late October. Remember the old Gold Coast Indy changed to late October in the afternoon. Most races, a storm went through half way through the race that caused carnage on the track.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The pre-match function at the Shafston is sold out. But there might be space in the public area. But with the capacity restrictions its not going to be a normal pre-game drink. Could be easiest to get to the Gabba when gates open and have a few there

Yep. A few hand sanitiser and cokes.

Hopefully they put thecox plate on the scoreboard

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The Geelong supporters are up and about aren’t they?
Amazing how 2 weeks ago Salty was a disaster and suddenly he is a hero
Yes they are very confident after a couple of easy kills. Not sure it's a great preparation for what will be an extremely hot contested game.

I think Geelong supporters are just very happy the game is not at the MCG. They feel they can't beat us there in front of the heaving Richmond hordes.

Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I watched the 2017 Grand Final over the last couple of days and on to the 2019 finals from today.

What is noticeable from both the 2017 and 2019 Grand Finals is we went up a gear in both. We brought more pressure and more fluency n the 2017 Grand Final than in the Prelim and we were running riot in the 2019 Grand Final.

We go up a gear and we should prevail.

DS
Yep, We'll bring the heat. We have before and we'll do it again.
Geelong game against Collingwood was like a pre season run and Brisbane for what ever reason just could not click into next gear.
I reckon they wont know what hit them first quarter, they wont be prepared for what we will bring.

Reactions: 2 users