Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Cup presenter: Mark Bomber Thompson.
Another all is forgiven Essendrugs tribute. from the AFL

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
So who presents the Cup for us? Queensland based so I reckon Luke McGun would be fitting. Recent past great of the club. Up there with Richo in what he brought to the club.
I think Mitch Robinson has, in a small way, contributed a fair bit to our success.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
We’ve got some people to play for too.
Noah Balta
Craig McCrae
Justin Leppitsch
Balmey
All the staff that lost their jobs due to Covid.
And of course themselves for what they have had to put up with for a 100 odd days.
Shane Tuck.

Reactions: 7 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Well after watching the last two live from the AFL members it’s going to be a different experience at home (I’m separated) and have the 10 year old daughter and 12 year old son with me. Can’t have my mate over who visited this week due lockdown restriction Rules not allowing that yet.

First world problems. We are in another *smile* granny And if we play to our best we will win. Let’s go!!! Win or lose - what a great team and what a joy it has been to follow them these last few years. We seem pretty fit other than maybe lambert........ and jack (R) due for a big one. How did we get rance v2 in Balta? Brilliant.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
We’ve got some people to play for too.
Noah Balta
Craig McCrae
Justin Leppitsch
Balmey
All the staff that lost their jobs due to Covid.
And of course themselves for what they have had to put up with for a 100 odd days.
Benny Gale, for the crap and ridicule he copped for his 10 year vision of 3 flags by 2020

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
What are the chances of the club doing something for qld supporters on Sunday? Makes sense as nothing will be happening in Melb. That would be awesome.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Geelong supporters getting cocky already. Won their last two games easy and think they are flying. Unbeatable at the GABBA. Gazza’s last game.
We’ll be too tired after a close game in the wet against port.
They’re not giving us a chance.

Reactions: 1 user

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Geelong supporters getting cocky already. Won their last two games easy and think they are flying. Unbeatable at the GABBA. Gazza’s last game.
It looked like they got two easy kills. Or are we underestimating them? One thing is for sure they haven't had to deal with our pressure or physicality in the last two weeks.

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Best spend the week focusing the thoughts and energy in positive and constructive ways.
I'm a big believer in collective thought/focus and how it can shape things.
The more we dwell on a victorious outcome the more likely it is to happen.
Plus, as I have mentioned previously, it's much more fun to be a believer than it is to be a naysayer in the lead-in to the Big Dance.
Some of us still carry the scars of the lean years, the days when PRE was a great read because of all the dark humor and finals were a dream that was usually shattered by July. I must admit I was a little nervous about the game against Port which as the game unfolded I realized was not rational. This is a truly great Richmond team in a great Richmond era. No-one can match our best and they will give everything.

Reactions: 5 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
This is the premiership I really want and that adds to my anxiety levels... 2017 was a dream, 2019 was redemption for 2018 and now I just want to live a Back to Back win and more importantly see this team get the acknowledgement that they are one of the best teams in history.

Reactions: 15 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
They are but just let them go. I’m no fan of parrot but he wrote an article about the great Leigh Matthews‘ last game in a grand final. They lost to Essendon by 75 points
It won’t matter, our boys will be focused and ready

Reactions: 5 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
This is the premiership I really want and that adds to my anxiety levels... 2017 was a dream, 2019 was redemption for 2018 and now I just want to live a Back to Back win and more importantly see this team get the acknowledgement that they are one of the best teams in history.

This is spot on. 73/74 was before my lifetime. I want a B2B. But also 3 premierships in 4 years. Could have easily been 4 straight. That is the stuff of all time dynasties.

Salty Scott said earlier in the year that we aren't as good as the Lions teams, the Hawk teams (and even the Cats team Lol). Time to set him straight on that.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Some of us still carry the scars of the lean years, the days when PRE was a great read because of all the dark humor and finals were a dream that was usually shattered by July. I must admit I was a little nervous about the game against Port which as the game unfolded I realized was not rational. This is a truly great Richmond team in a great Richmond era. No-one can match our best and they will give everything.

Don't worry, BP. I have scars aplenty from those times as well.
But now that the Tigers have arrived at the threshold of greatness I am lapping it up BIG time. Have found myself wanting to simply enjoy the experience and going along on this wonderful ride because it will end eventually (as all things do), but that time ain't now.
As Easy Tiger has mentioned, I'd rather take the Emma Murray approach to this week and next Saturday.
I'm also a believer in fans and supporters giving the team positive and affirming intentions.

Reactions: 4 users