Grand Final 2021 - Dees v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2021 - Dees v Dogs

Who do you want to win? Who do you think will win?

• Want Melbourne

• Want Bulldogs

• Think Melbourne

• Think Doggies

• Cheese Sandwich

Results are only viewable after voting.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
We may not like the Demons but overall, they were the class of the game yesterday all over the field so it is going to be interesting if they manage to reproduce it next season.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We may not like the Demons but overall, they were the class of the game yesterday all over the field so it is going to be interesting if they manage to reproduce it next season.
Back to back talk already started.

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone notice Karen Cornes wearing a Melbourne scarf the next day.
I’m guessing that’s to rub it into Beveridge.
Very small man the Karen

Reactions: 4 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Bit of a new experience this year around GF. Didn’t really feel anything, or take much interest. Felt a bit numb.

The wife was out and kids were happily watching a children’s movie while I was getting them some dinner ready. So I totally forgot the game’s start time. Only remembered a few mins before the movie finished and we had eaten, that the game was on and I should be watching. By that time it was half time! So I got the kids to bed over the HT break and watched the third quarter half heartedly and the first few mins of the last. By that time the game was pretty much decided, so went about the rest of my evening.

Being born around the time of our 1980 premiership. Until recent times, I had never seen my team a realistic chance in September (apart from fleeting glimpses in 1995 and 2001). Had never seen them in a GF. So generally watched GF day with quite a bit of interest. Kind of one of those days where you wishfully watch in awe, thinking/dreaming about one day that you might get to watch with a vested interest.

I would watch with some level of emotion, generally barracking against whoever I disliked most of the two competing teams. Or in the Swannies years, alongside Mrs PT, who is a keen fan.

But now I have seen us rise to the top and come down the other side. Kind of felt a bit numb this year really. It wasn’t even like those years where I detested both teams playing and begrudgingly watched. I have no real dislike for either Footscray or Melbourne. So didn’t really mind who won. Probably slightly favoured dogs. But not by much. Prior to our success it would have been one of the GF’s I would have watched quite keenly.

But just a strange numb feeling of no real interest. Can only put it down to coming down off our highs (we have indeed been spoiled).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Jackson strikes me as being stolen from a Far North Launceston logging family at birth and raised by Western Australians.

He fulfilled all my Ruckophile dreams yesterday.

a GF ruck mans game for the ages IMO
Yeh, he tackles like Nank. Yet moves like Nureyev.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Bitterness sums it up. I was thinking I might not be as committed to the RFC as I thought, as I only saw a team at the top of their powers who on the day, over the finals series played modern football to near perfection. MFC s victory does not diminish ours in my mind.
Yeh, they're not mutually exclusive. I can appreciate great players and great football even if not played by us. I hope it inspires our side.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yeh, they're not mutually exclusive. I can appreciate great players and great football even if not played by us. I hope it inspires our side.

I always like seeing the best side of the year win the flag.

they usually do. they did in 2021.

didn't in 2018

will in 2022

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Bit of a new experience this year around GF. Didn’t really feel anything, or take much interest. Felt a bit numb.

The wife was out and kids were happily watching a children’s movie while I was getting them some dinner ready. So I totally forgot the game’s start time. Only remembered a few mins before the movie finished and we had eaten, that the game was on and I should be watching. By that time it was half time! So I got the kids to bed over the HT break and watched the third quarter half heartedly and the first few mins of the last. By that time the game was pretty much decided, so went about the rest of my evening.

Being born around the time of our 1980 premiership. Until recent times, I had never seen my team a realistic chance in September (apart from fleeting glimpses in 1995 and 2001). Had never seen them in a GF. So generally watched GF day with quite a bit of interest. Kind of one of those days where you wishfully watch in awe, thinking/dreaming about one day that you might get to watch with a vested interest.

I would watch with some level of emotion, generally barracking against whoever I disliked most of the two competing teams. Or in the Swannies years, alongside Mrs PT, who is a keen fan.

But now I have seen us rise to the top and come down the other side. Kind of felt a bit numb this year really. It wasn’t even like those years where I detested both teams playing and begrudgingly watched. I have no real dislike for either Footscray or Melbourne. So didn’t really mind who won. Probably slightly favoured dogs. But not by much. Prior to our success it would have been one of the GF’s I would have watched quite keenly.

But just a strange numb feeling of no real interest. Can only put it down to coming down off our highs (we have indeed been spoiled).
Hawks fans seem to be constantly like this.
Keen as mustard when winning and then sated and semi interested otherwise.
They seem to have learnt to tune out the lows because their highs will return.
Surprised myself that I kinda understand it.

Though I was disappointed that the Dogs didn't come back again to make a tight game of it

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Bevo is a prick as well. They deserve each other.
Is he?
I spent a little bit of time with him in the ammos and was seriously impressed. He was super engaged and interested in listening to us and helping our club.
So I'm surprised, but it was only a small time dealing with him

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Is he?
I spent a little bit of time with him in the ammos and was seriously impressed. He was super engaged and interested in listening to us and helping our club.
So I'm surprised, but it was only a small time dealing with him
Fair comment. I am only going by two people I knows opinion.

He holds grudges apparently.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Melbourne is an awesome team.
Got balance across every line.
And to think there were eight players aged 21 or younger.
They are the benchmaright for 2022.
And Oliver and Petracca are most welcome to come to Tigerland any time they like. Two very very good footballers.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
surely
Dusty, Nank, $hai, Dion
isn't too far off
Petracca, Oliver, Viney, Gawn?
I can see what you are saying, for mine we have 2 issues. Age and size.
At some stage, Dusty will succumb to age and Petracca has years on him.
Dion and Oliver are closer. Dion is a much better player than Oliver, one of the best IMO but Oliver has a couple of years on him and hasn't needed time off in his career yet for injury.
Viney has got Shai covered for grunt. Reversal of the age issue a positive for Shai. And viney still has twitches and sweats from Stacks bump.
Gawn is going really well for an older bloke, Nank is the in betweener of Gawn and Jackson. Soldo will be our Trump card here.
Knowing we won't get another Dusty I think we need numbers, and at least one big unit to counteract the Demons current size and their lack of depth. We need them to rotate their ruck rovers.