Grand Final 2021 - Dees v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2021 - Dees v Dogs

Who do you want to win? Who do you think will win?

• Want Melbourne

• Want Bulldogs

• Think Melbourne

• Think Doggies

• Cheese Sandwich

Results are only viewable after voting.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
For the first time in 5 years we're entering Grand Final week as pure spectators. Unfamiliar feeling but surprisingly enjoyable to watch as a pure spectator. It helps when the Prelims go the way we all wanted (well most)

Two blow out Prelims. Melbourne the favourite should be investigated for beating up senior citizens. Geelong the underdogs tore Port apart. Which gives us our second interstate Grand Final being contested by 2 Victorian based teams. The should silence the interstate moaners for a while.

Melbourne would have been favourites against the Doggies by some margin until they tore Port apart. MFC would still be the favourite. But MFC haven't played finals. 2018 the last time they played finals in over 10 years. The Dogs won the grand final in 2016 in similar underdog fashion. Grand Finals are often won in the mind and the Dogs will be better prepared.

So a Doggies win for me, as long as they can stop Gawn running amok.

Double question poll. Who will you be hoping to win, who do you think will win.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
For the first time in 5 years we're entering Grand Final week as pure spectators. Unfamiliar feeling but surprisingly enjoyable to watch as a pure spectator. It helps when the Prelims go the way we all wanted (well most)
Hate to be pedantic, but pretty sure we was spectating n cursing in 2018. Mighty short 5 years.

Reactions: 2 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
It will be a manufactured draw so the replay can be played at the G the following week after lockdown is lifted.Just ask Dan and Gil.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Hate to be pedantic, but pretty sure we was spectating n cursing in 2018. Mighty short 5 years.
We weren't pure spectators in 2018.we were filthy, miserable, angry and depressed. It was only when the Pies lost in the last minute of the Grand Final that the fog started to lift.

Reactions: 12 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Hey @Baloo ....Needs to be retitled. ... Grand Final *Fortnight 2021;)

*If true, that the only reason they've done it is to have additional time for all their *smile* hanger on corporates to quarantine then it's just another example of the rorting the AFL are experts at!

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne

Two blow out Prelims. Melbourne the favourite should be investigated for beating up senior citizens. Geelong the underdogs tore Port apart. Which gives us our second interstate Grand Final being contested by 2 Victorian based teams. The should silence the interstate moaners for a while.

Well said. Even after last yr silenced the BS about RFC & MCG bias.

The interstate clubs with memory loss of 2020 did start again earlier this yr about the travel BS of Vic clubs until CV19 broke out again in Vic. Vic clubs on the constant move for 2nd yr running.

In fact now imho Vic clubs are better off with the travel aspect. Port & Bris have missed golden opportunities in the last 2 yrs to capitalise on things & fell short to win a premiership.

Great that Vic clubs made it to rhe last 2 yrs GF. In fact puts the spotlight on interstate clubs to improve further to catch Vic clubs. Travel is no longer an excuse being trumpeted as a fact of Vic club dominance.

For me, Go Dees, 2nd club i follow as its my late father's team

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
We weren't pure spectators in 2018.we were filthy, miserable, angry and depressed. It was only when the Pies lost in the last minute of the Grand Final that the fog started to lift.

How true that was - the only other thing that helped through that GF week was knowing we already had a flag in the back pocket.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Hey @Baloo ....Needs to be retitled. ... Grand Final *Fortnight 2021;)

*If true, that the only reason they've done it is to have additional time for all their *smile* hanger on corporates to quarantine then it's just another example of the rorting the AFL are experts at!
Noted. Will change. It's going to be a long 2 weeks

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Nothing will silence the Vicbias crowd. Last year didn’t. There will be some theory about how the evil Victorian cabal conspired to ensure 2 Victorian teams made it to the GF. We should continue to play the GF at neutral venues, then see how loud they scream when it’s applied to them.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Nothing will silence the Vicbias crowd. Last year didn’t. There will be some theory about how the evil Victorian cabal conspired to ensure 2 Victorian teams made it to the GF. We should continue to play the GF at neutral venues, then see how loud they scream when it’s applied to them.
I think there should be 1 Prelim in Adelaide every year.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

True - but of them all - that was the time I actually expected to be premiers (even prior to the PF)

To this day day though I just love Dom Sheed

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Bulldogs to hit the lead. But Melbourne will rein them in and win it

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
asked it before without any answer,

why is there a week off between the prelim and gf?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
asked it before without any answer,

why is there a week off between the prelim and gf?
I think it’s to do with allowing each team enough time to quarantine if required.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Great to see that with the Dogs in the big dance, once again all Collingwood supporters can again be so invested in a grand final.

I’m sure all magpies will closely follow the rising stocks of one Adam Treloar on grand final day.

What a Guy, having your money on your horse but backing the wrong stable.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think it’s to do with allowing each team enough time to quarantine if required.
Yeah, in case there was a need to relocate or quarantine.

Great to see that with the Dogs in the big dance, once again all Collingwood supporters can again be so invested in a grand final.
Heh, wouldn't it be special if Treloar scores the winner with the last kick of the match

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Now that Geelong are out I'm not that fussed. Hoping for a belter that goes to extra time.