Grand Final 2022 - Cygnets vs the Pussies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2022 - Cygnets vs the Pussies

Who wins the 2022 Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
So where to now for Sydney ?

They have some good young kids, but like a number of clubs they have jack *smile* up forward and ruck is a weakness. Buddy and Reid are done. MacDonald is ordinary despite the early hype. Parker is 30 next year.

The decision to play Reid would have to be THE worst GF selection ever?

Hes no good 100% fit.

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Not an 81 point decision though.

No, but a howler nontheless

Far North South Melbourne FC made some solid entries today;

- worst Gf by a ruckman ever
- most inconsistent fragile player ever selected half fit for a GF ever
- least conpetitive performance by a side in a gf ever
- supporters with the least pride ever (i had one text me asking if i could get tix!!)

Not saying theyde take the cake,

But theyde be solid entries IMO

It is some consolation for me that 20,000 or so sydneysiders with no decent grasp of football, dropped $5 grand on a very *smile* afternoons entertainment

Last edited:

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
i think they need to rein in the geelong dominance with some rule changes, Dunno what they are, but surely there is something....

To quote Chris Scott, "there are people who aren't happy with that"..

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
How many of their 22 are from other clubs? Seems like a lot.
GF team
Tuohy, Cameron, Stanley, Dangerfield, Rohan, Smith, Stengle

As well as these blokes that didn’t play
Dalhaus, Ceglar, Higgins, The Big Richo (team mascot)
I might have missed someone

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
He’s only coached his own team he helped build to one flag.
You call it stupidity to say he was gifted his first. But any astute observer who had a modicum of intellect would agree the team he inherited was chock full of talent. Premiers in 2007 and 2009. Lost GAJ, but the bulk of the team was intact.

Afraid winning any flag anytime, anyhow, anywhere is an outstanding effort, Willo. Success isn't gifted to anyone, no matter how good.

See Melbourne 2022, Richmond 2018, Geelong 2008, Essendon 1999 and so on.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Afraid winning any flag anytime, anyhow, anywhere is an outstanding effort, Willo. Success isn't gifted to anyone, no matter how good.

Melbourne 2022 doesn't fit, gone at the halfway mark of the season. but the rest, sure, I take your point.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

True, but it helps having the ready made ingredients already there to work with.

It’s not like he drafted and developed any of those players who won in 2011. A fair few of those players would be amongst the all time greats at Geelong if not the game itself.

Ive never said he was an incompetent coach but having inherited such a strong list boosts his win/loss % whereas other coaches like Dimma had to start from near the nether regions of the ladder, draft heavily during the expansionist drafts without the historic early picks.
If he such a coaching messiah, what that make Dimma who totally outcoached him in 2020.

No doubt he is a decent coach but that doesn’t make him the messiah. His team today played exceptionally well, the swans were shot early. He had an easy day in the box. He didn’t have to do much, unlike Dimma in 2020.

Reactions: 4 users

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Worst spectacle I can remember. No memorable marks or goals or generally any passage of play sticks on my mind.
Pity the half time band instead of singing a tired old Solid Rock didn't do a rendition of Electric Light Orchestra 's "Living thing" for Hawthorn and the AFL

• Love

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Just a magnificent win for Geelong.

An extraordinary effort to be able to sustain excellence for a decade, and a premiership is very much deserved. The dominance of it in the end was fitting.

Selwood stamps himself as one of the all time greats, Scott moves up a notch as a great coach and silences the gifted a flag stupidity.
You forgot to mention in your rave...the Geelong Mafia running the AFL...the AFL umpiring cabal...the continuing scatters advantage on a cricket pitch home ground...the AFL's ARC...

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I watched the second half of the Sydney v Collingwood PF the night before the GF (been away). Came away with two main sentiments - that even that game appeared flat and with little atmosphere, despite the close finish; and that the Swans were no match for Geelong.
And then for whatever reason, it also seemed to me that the Grand Final was terribly underwhelming and also seriously lacked atmosphere - even before it blew out. Seen one-sided GFs before that were not as tedious (e.g. 1983, 1988, 1995, 2004, 2019) but I really had trouble even staying awake for this one.
Is it just the nature of the game and where it is headed, rules-wise?

Reactions: 2 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Catters had 10 players over 30 on the field & two as emergencies . Those 10 on the field their boiler house They struck it lucky this final campaign. Fell in against Pies & somehow never came up against Dees & Tigers. Anyway it took them ten years as a gun side to achieve the ultimate & that is something we cannot deny them.