Grand Final 2022 - Cygnets vs the Pussies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2022 - Cygnets vs the Pussies

Who wins the 2022 Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
100% spot on. Parade was awesome. Kids loved it. Players up close and actually able to yell out to them and get a response and all that. Today was an embarrassment. Looked pathetic to be honest hahaha
This AFL admin is laughable.

Talk about killing the Golden Goose.

Clown Show.

Cricket Australia and the AFL in a race to the bottom to see who can disenfranchise their fan base and remove all traditions fastest for an easy buck from those Corporate Masters.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
saw the flotilla on the news, pretty funny. Reminded me of the Ballarat Begonia Festival in the late 1970s.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Geelong going in heavy favorites, much like the Crows in 2017.
Noticing a lot pics and articles of Geelong leading up to the grand final.
It’s all about Geeelong.
Cherry ripe for a choke.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
These teams haven't met since Round 2, when Sydney won at the SCG by 30 points: 17.5.107 to 10.17.77. Geelong had 65 inside 50s to 47, 55 tackles to 40, 35 clearances to 32, 50 1%ers to 43. Contested possessions were dead-even at 119 apiece, contested marks 3 each, marks inside 50 13 each. Sydney had 236 uncontested possessions to 200, 11 goal assists to 7, and 24 frees to 23. Sydney had 45 more kicks and 40 more marks; there's your uncontested difference.

Changes since then:
Sydney
In: Reid Papley McInerney Clarke Fox
Out: Cunningham Kennedy McDonald Wicks Campbell
Geelong
In: De Koning Miers Rohan
Out: Ratugolea Dahlhaus Parfitt

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Jeez Parfitt's stiff. Played the last three games of the home and away season:
25 disposals, 10 clearances, 6 tackles v St Kilda
28, 2 goals, 4 clearances, 4 tackles v Gold Coast
28, 7 clearances v West Coast

Might not even get a game if Holmes doesn't come up, they could prefer the size and pace of O'Connor as more of a like for like. O'Connor has been the sub in both finals.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
It's times like these I'm glad I live in the U.K. away from the *smile* show that will be the Cants if they win.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
This time next year I'll be very nervous about Carlton about to play off in their first grand final since 1999!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Jeez Parfitt's stiff. Played the last three games of the home and away season:
25 disposals, 10 clearances, 6 tackles v St Kilda
28, 2 goals, 4 clearances, 4 tackles v Gold Coast
28, 7 clearances v West Coast

Might not even get a game if Holmes doesn't come up, they could prefer the size and pace of O'Connor as more of a like for like. O'Connor has been the sub in both finals.
crazy if they don't play him IMO. Geelong by 8 goals damnit.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I mean who thought this would be a great idea! Wow.

It’s the people’s game.

Wasn’t broken just took a leave of absence!

Float down Yarra River. Brilliant idea. Let’s tick it off Gil!
The ones who thought this are probably the same ones who keep changing the rules year after year. Change just for the sake of change, or change to justify their job

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Looking forward to this game. Will be sitting not far from where I was for that most enjoyable afternoon the last time a GF was played at the MCG.
And in Stark contrast to last year's GF where I watched at a friend's house and broke the law in doing so.
Will be catching up with old work mate friends post game as I have done since the late 80s. Grand Finals are my way to count the years.

Two teams who make finals year in year out. One with at least 5 hall of farmers who must win to put a bow around their legendary careers. The other with no obvious ceiling on what they might achieve in years to come possibly starting today.

But every time the signs say epic we have a 50% chance of a blow out. So I don't go expecting something great just being there is enough.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
The ones who thought this are probably the same ones who keep changing the rules year after year. Change just for the sake of change, or change to justify their job
So true Legend!

And the decision ( by Gil ) to bring his favourite I guess in singer R Williams.

Why???

What a waste. Wouldn’t have come cheap. Say $1million. Is that a stretch. ?

Delta could do the job herself !

Maybe an Australian artist like Guy Sebastian or …..

Jessica Mauboy.

Waiting
————