Grand Final 2021 - Dees v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2021 - Dees v Dogs

Who do you want to win? Who do you think will win?

• Want Melbourne

• Want Bulldogs

• Think Melbourne

• Think Doggies

• Cheese Sandwich

Results are only viewable after voting.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I have always been somewhat aware of the fact that Melbourne have a Hawthorn-esque win-loss record in Grand Finals. Hawthorn 13-6, Melbourne 12-5. These are long term historical figures so they really should even out to 50-50 over time. Richmond, for example, is 13-12 (Can not resist pointing out that Collingwood are 15-27).
But what is curious is that those five losses do include their relatively recent ones in 1988 and 2000. So prior to 1988, Melbourne were 12-3 which is quite amazing. Not only that, those first three losses all fall within one 13 year period from 1946 to 1958 inclusive.
Given that they won 5 out of 6 from 1955 to 1960, then again in 1964, and also had another three-peat in 1939-41, you have to conclude that they have done well to maximize their flag-winning in dominant eras and have otherwise been on the St Kilda/Bulldogs/North level of (lack of) premiership success.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I have an inner peace knowing the the Cats, the Koch heads or the Bears wont be holding it and thats a good start.

There is some 2016 type vibe I'm feeling as the week has progressed.

Melbourne have been humiliated at their last two Grand Finals in 88 when the Hawks Brained them and in 2000 when the Drugs slapped them.

They've got King Kong (nand I'm not talking about PRE's very own Kong) on their backs we will see if they can carry the weight the full trip and if their newfound Richmondesque love in is the real deal.

Collingwoods wasn't, and the Crows didn't have any brotherhood hence they evaporated after 2017.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Dogs were gifted a win over the lions. Have been umpires pets all year. Chuck it more than any other club. Have more unlikeable stagers. The only thing stopping Dees from winning by 40 plus is the double break. Completely disadvantages them. Dogs only won in 2016 because of the pre finals bye. Hope it doesn’t happen again.

ARCHYBOY

Tiger Superstar
Mar 30, 2010
Little River
I have it on very good authority that the half time “Grand Final Sprint” will still be happening but with a slight twist.
This year they will be placing a sherrin at the start line so players will be running away from it.
Ive taken out a second mortgage had smacked the whole lot on
Gary Rohan.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I have an inner peace knowing the the Cats, the Koch heads or the Bears wont be holding it and thats a good start.

There is some 2016 type vibe I'm feeling as the week has progressed.

Melbourne have been humiliated at their last two Grand Finals in 88 when the Hawks Brained them and in 2000 when the Drugs slapped them.

They've got King Kong (nand I'm not talking about PRE's very own Kong) on their backs we will see if they can carry the weight the full trip and if their newfound Richmondesque love in is the real deal.

Collingwoods wasn't, and the Crows didn't have any brotherhood hence they evaporated after 2017.
I can't trust Melbourne
I can see Footscary winning and winning comfortably 26pts

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
I'll be at the game, actually looking forward to it for some strange reason!
Melbourne are using the tigers play book, but not being called a potential worstside ever to win a flag crap we put up with. I just despise them. Just a handout receiving club. But I like gawn alot. So I could be happy knowing he gets a medal and just block out the rest of them if it happens.
The dogs won via throwing in 16, think they'll win by the same means this week.
WA will put on a good show.
Dogs by 27.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I have it on very good authority that the half time “Grand Final Sprint” will still be happening but with a slight twist.
This year they will be placing a sherrin at the start line so players will be running away from it.
Ive taken out a second mortgage had smacked the whole lot on
Gary Rohan.

I’ve heard there is no starters gun.

The umpire pays a free kick to Dangerfield who makes a guest diving appearance and all the players are required to stand the mark. Then with a josh caddy special appearance he enters the restricted zone twice and when the umpire blows the whistle for 100m the contenders have to turn and sprint backwards 100m before resuming their stand position. If paddy gets past you, you are out. First to touch both hands on their heads wins.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I'll be at the game, actually looking forward to it for some strange reason!
Melbourne are using the tigers play book, but not being called a potential worstside ever to win a flag crap we put up with. I just despise them. Just a handout receiving club. But I like gawn alot. So I could be happy knowing he gets a medal and just block out the rest of them if it happens.
The dogs won via throwing in 16, think they'll win by the same means this week.
WA will put on a good show.
Dogs by 27.
Enjoy the experience @HR ..... I haven't been fortunate enough to get to the new stadium so hopefully before I croak, it'll happen.
You make some good points there. .... heard the messiah aka Roos being interviewed and it reminded me that Melbourne has had some of the greatest leg ups going in recent years. ..
Roos.... bankrolled partially by the AFL?
Jackson. .... bankrolled partially by the AFL?
Tanking penalty. .... the Claytons fine!
Also who knows what other financial benefits they've received.

I reckon if Martin can nullify Max just a bit. .... that Beveridge will out coach Goodwin.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Bit tired of hearing about Dudbourne all week in the media. You’d think the Dogs weren’t playing. As expected, lot of cocky Dudbourne fans. Hope the Puppers can get up.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Can't get more envious than watching Gawn's development. Amazing transformation. Even considering he was a Tigers supporter!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Can't get more envious than watching Gawn's development. Amazing transformation. Even considering he was a Tigers supporter!

What 211 cm or whatever, hes very co ordinated for a man that size.

One of the least offensive blokes in footy, I like Maxxy hes got a bid of the ol Oddball about him.

3C7F75A8-1282-4E7B-A3F2-E54EE634B45F.jpeg

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Will kick back n watch Storm take on the Panthers in the prelim on Sat arvo. Don't really give a stuff about the AFL Granny in Perf, might do a couple of score checks during the game n watch the last qtr if it's close and a proper game of footy.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Melbourne seem to be relatively heavy favourites among the media and footy watching public. Not unbackable. But similar level of favouritism that Adelaide had against RFC leading into the 2017 GF. Just have a feeling though that Footscray have timed their form well and will get up.