Grand Final 2021 - Dees v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2021 - Dees v Dogs

Who do you want to win? Who do you think will win?

• Want Melbourne

• Want Bulldogs

• Think Melbourne

• Think Doggies

• Cheese Sandwich

Results are only viewable after voting.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
My wallet says Melbourne.

So, Melbourne.

I feel dirty.

Dirty money. I will spend it appropriately.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Watching 360. Dees anointed. Unbeatable I tells ya. I am all over the Dogs. Will win.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Watching 360. Dees anointed. Unbeatable I tells ya. I am all over the Dogs. Will win.

Yeah, a lot of 2017 about the build up. Never bought into the MFC hype. Lack of finals experience should bring them unstuck. Bevo knows how to get his team ready for a Grand Final.

Might mortgage the house on a Doggies win

Letsroar

Tiger Matchwinner
May 19, 2014
In the system with the bye before the first round of the final. The teams that had two off weeks before the preliminary invariably started slow and came home hard. Sometimes to win and sometimes to fall short

If the 2 break weeks theory holds true this year then dogies control the first half and the dees come home

Hoping they win only because of Spargo

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Anyone else notice that there is a real push in the media to make MFC everyone's favorite team for the GF?

This poll, and most people I talk to are going for a Doggies win. Media agenda or just unable to read the public sentiment?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Anyone else notice that there is a real push in the media to make MFC everyone's favorite team for the GF?

This poll, and most people I talk to are going for a Doggies win. Media agenda or just unable to read the public sentiment?
Media just pushin the sob story hype. Swannies had a 70 year hiatus. Moggies had 40 years. Woofers had 50 years. We had near 40 years. Now Smelbourne with near 60 years. It's the perpetual fairy story of footy of a team in the doldrums for generations finally climbing the pinnacle n achieving glory.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Got to say, this bye before the GF sucks.
the big game has lost that build up and excitement.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
The worst lead up to a GF ever......

Surely the bye before the GF was not all about allowing well-heeled interstate folk (mostly from Vic) meet strict WA quarantine requirements in order to see the game live........?

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Apart from us genuine Richmond faithful, I can't recall everyone else hoping we'd break our drought. .... reckon most wanted us to fail at the last jump so they could have a chuckle....

I was all in on Melbourne, but the longer it's gone listening to all the crap about being their destiny plus Hibberd doing it for his Essendon mates (ffs).... I'm turning all mean and nasty. ... #woofwoof

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Surely the bye before the GF was not all about allowing well-heeled interstate folk (mostly from Vic) meet strict WA quarantine requirements in order to see the game live........?
Probably but I also think they put in the bye to cover the new concussion rules so there was no controversy of anyone missing due to being concussed in the prelim.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The headline on Sunday will be
Bulldogs premier's

But the subheading will be 1 game in 4 weeks didn't help Melbourne's cause.
The Doggies will win this game in the first half.
They have the run in there legs.
Can't see Melbourne starting well

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I still reckon Melbourne will win. They are really good and I think can handle the Dogs and will win by about 4 goals.

The similarities to 2017 are confusing:
Up and coming team with a long premiership drought to break says Melbourne get over the line.
Favourite with a solid game plan and the players to win, but there's one team that can undo that game plan - Footscray.

Hopefully a good game, not too fussed who wins, glad to see Geelong out of it!

DS

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
There's been plenty of media references to historical events like the 1954 and 1964 grand finals, but nobody has mentioned the Norm Smith Curse initially ignited by us in 1965.